Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
sandtiger

one thing i find strange

19 comments in this topic

Members
7 posts
899 battles

So i was in a battle to day i was completely stop in a cap a player gets his rudder knock out i get ram by him an finned  for damage to  his ship this is silly in my opinion.. get it it for shooting  a friendly like say they run in to your torpedo  or when  they  cross in to a shot because it had a long flight time ... but i do not get get fine when  i sit still  in a cap and i get rammed i no moving but because he was a destroyer and and no motor an rudder jammed he can not stop  i find this to be a game  fine that is silly  an un need in my opinion i me i ok if i ram some body like i going full out and run in to some one but get fine when you not the one moving kind silly .... anyway still in joying the game i not very good at it but it is fun i  am still new to world of war ships  been have fun with it   but so it been interesting  have a great day every one

• Boring 1

[OIL-1]
Members
916 posts

The fine is small, and it is difficult for the server to assign blame in a ramming incident, so both players get fined.

• Cool 2

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,552 posts
10,372 battles

The damage fine value for friendly ramming is so low it is inconsequential.  It is mostly there to let you know you are actually ramming and to stop it. 

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,566 posts
17,903 battles
2 hours ago, Kayakman2 said:

In this game its fine to ram.

Got it, will ram more.

Incidental nudging and accidental t-bones are fine. Doing it purposely makes you a posterior aperture.

[FML]
Members
3,730 posts
14,850 battles
7 hours ago, sandtiger said:

anyway still in joying the game i not very good at it but it is fun i  am still new to world of war ships  been have fun with it

Welcome to WoWS.  

I think the other posters have addressed your complaint about the small fine, but if you are interested in information that may be of assistance to new players, I have copied some below. Hope this helps you. 

Good luck!

Spoiler
  • How to set up your game client to get the information you need to win: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSCb96CLCs4
  • (For brand New Players - a full comprehensive guide) iChase's How to get good at World of Warships - I wish this was around when I started!
  • (For New Players) - Wargaming's 'How It Works' series that explains the game's mechanics - important to learn these as it differs to real life.
  • (For New Players looking to become Intermediate) my Ship Role Quick Reference Guide to understand how to get the best out of your ship every battle and how to deal with enemy ships of the same type. 
  • (For Intermediate players) LittleWhiteMouse's guide to How to take control of your win rate:  https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/75077-how-to-control-your-win-rate/
  • For players at any level who are interested in personalised feedback on a particular battle, get in touch with Lord_Zath and his replay centre - its an amazing service that you should take advantage of.  
  • You are under absolutely no obligation to spend money on this game - it is entirely free to play including at high tiers. 
    • Understanding the economics of WoWS and tips for playing as free-to-play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDgwH2w-k7U
    • Still, if you are interested in buying a premium ship, a discussion on what premium ships are good value for newer players can be found on my New Player Guide Premium Ships for New Players.
      • The second post in this thread has some good advice on how to rapidly become a better player through teamwork and positioning - see Section 3 - its worth a read!

Members
7 posts
899 battles
On 7/29/2020 at 3:31 PM, Lert said:

Incidental nudging and accidental t-bones are fine. Doing it purposely makes you a posterior aperture.

i was just think it was silly to be rammed and get fined when your sit still lol

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,566 posts
17,903 battles
1 minute ago, sandtiger said:

i was just think it was silly to be rammed and get fined when your sit still lol

The game can't tell guilt or intent so just slaps a very smol fine on all parties involved.

[WOOK3]
Members
4,170 posts
3,208 battles
On 7/29/2020 at 11:29 AM, sandtiger said:

So i was in a battle to day i was completely stop in a cap a player gets his rudder knock out i get ram by him an finned  for damage to  his ship this is silly in my opinion.. get it it for shooting  a friendly like say they run in to your torpedo  or when  they  cross in to a shot because it had a long flight time ... but i do not get get fine when  i sit still  in a cap and i get rammed i no moving but because he was a destroyer and and no motor an rudder jammed he can not stop  i find this to be a game  fine that is silly  an un need in my opinion i me i ok if i ram some body like i going full out and run in to some one but get fine when you not the one moving kind silly .... anyway still in joying the game i not very good at it but it is fun i  am still new to world of war ships  been have fun with it   but so it been interesting  have a great day every one

If there was someone at fault, there would be trolls who would figure out ways to exploit the system so the other guy gets tagged for all the repairs and then spend the whole match sailing around smashing into players and making them pay. 

No fault is a much better system. Not perfect, but minimizes trolls as much as it can. 

I have had players sail in front of my torpedoes and taunt me for killing them long before the torpedoes hit. Don't underestimate the trolls. 

Members
15 posts
21 battles
On 7/29/2020 at 5:31 PM, Lert said:

Takes one to know one....sounds like you are an expert at it.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,566 posts
17,903 battles
7 hours ago, Kayakman2 said:

Takes one to know one....sounds like you are an expert at it.

Unwarranted personal attacks, nice. Got any more of those?

[WOLFG]
Members
27,388 posts
7,350 battles
4 hours ago, Lert said:

Unwarranted personal attacks, nice. Got any more of those?

To be fair Lert, when you want to be a posterior aperture, you can exhibit a fair level of expertise....:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,566 posts
17,903 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

To be fair Lert, when you want to be a posterior aperture, you can exhibit a fair level of expertise....:Smile_trollface:

Well, yeah, but then at least quote a post in which I am.

• Haha 1

[WOLFG]
Members
27,388 posts
7,350 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

Well, yeah, but then at least quote a post in which I am.

Lol you're no fun....

Fine then, I admit it. am an expert at being a posterior aperture....

Members
7 posts
899 battles
On 7/30/2020 at 6:37 PM, Wombatmetal said:

If there was someone at fault, there would be trolls who would figure out ways to exploit the system so the other guy gets tagged for all the repairs and then spend the whole match sailing around smashing into players and making them pay. 

No fault is a much better system. Not perfect, but minimizes trolls as much as it can. 

I have had players sail in front of my torpedoes and taunt me for killing them long before the torpedoes hit. Don't underestimate the trolls. 

will that some thing i never thought about thanks for that  interesting  and i can see your point    very  interesting view point

Sign in to follow this