8 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts
206 battles

I've only been playing (steadily) for a couple of weeks so please forgive me if this has been rehashed to death already.  Didn't find anything in the forums.  I got the free Twitch/Prime Azura Lane captain, Littorio, but she's only for Italian ships.  So I took my level 1 Italian cruiser and dedicated my resources to get up to a Level IV - Giussano.  Entering my first battle and... crap... that's not English!  Do the captains speak the language of their fleet (i.e. USA - English, Italy - Italian, Spain - Spanish, etc)?  To me, this would make playing other nations difficult.   Is there a way to change to voice on the captains to English?  I seem to remember reading something about it in regards to Ashley Violet and her manly voice, but can't seem to find that post again.

Thanks for any response/feedback.

[TAZ]
Members
676 posts

go into setting, under audio, then voice modificatons then click standard from the drop down menu.  If not standard.  I think national will be nation ship belongs to, you probably have it on national or national voiceover + currently.

Edited by Nutaz

Members
4,071 posts
10,102 battles

Some of the special captains (AL, Dasha, I think ARP, etc) only speak in their language regardless of setting. Using national instead of national+ may switch them to the default captain lines for that nation, but they won’t speak any other language. 

[WOLF8]
Members
7,142 posts
6,097 battles
56 minutes ago, jcusson0519 said:

It is set to Standard.

Voiceover language is set to English

Standard setting gets overridden by the special voices of those special captains.

You could change your voice setting, as mentioned by @MidnightPhoenix07, or you could disable the "Azur Lane" theme by accessing the tiny cogwheel menu at the bottom right corner of your Port UI. From the cogwheel menu, toggle off the Azur Lane theme, and the special captain will be converted to a regular captain, with no special voices. 

[WOLFG]
Members
8,869 posts
7,337 battles
43 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

you could disable the "Azur Lane" theme by accessing the tiny cogwheel menu at the bottom right corner of your Port UI. From the cogwheel menu, toggle off the Azur Lane theme, and the special captain will be converted to a regular captain, with no special voices. 

This is what works.

Members
8 posts
206 battles

Special Ships, Historical Ships, and Custom Ships is all I have.  No Themes.  Under Custom Ships I have the option of hiding the special camouflage while ship is in port.

What am I missing here?