Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sovereigndawg

Many Mahalo's For The Free Odin WG.

19 comments in this topic

[TBW]
Members
9,984 posts
16,784 battles

I didn't think that I would make it but I did, 18 phases completed. WG was gracious enough to give me the doubloons from recruiting and I happened to luck out on the recent chance containers and the Cossack was the first chance, so I bought it for 1,500 doubloons and more than doubled my gold. So thank you WG for the Free Odin. It took a while in Co op but I got her and at no cost to me, cool.

image.thumb.png.d9ddc2c678ecf6eb01827c6bead12cc8.png

My first battle. I wish that she was a tier 7, then I would probably use her in Narai. Unfortunately she is probably just a Snowflake now.

image.thumb.png.afc94ce38ecf8f89a79191e6ea16cb72.png

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 6
  • Boring 2

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,881 posts
13,317 battles

Aloha,

Congrats and Mahalo for sharing!

Now, take your BC and go eat cruisers :Smile_izmena:

-Hapa

[MIBR]
[MIBR]
Members
921 posts

Congratulations! I didnt post it (my first dockyard completed), but i would like to post it too!

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,722 posts
8 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I didn't think that I would make it but I did, 18 phases completed. WG was gracious enough to give me the doubloons from recruiting and I happened to luck out on the recent chance containers and the Cossack was the first chance, so I bought it for 1,500 doubloons and more than doubled my gold. So thank you WG for the Free Odin. It took a while in Co op but I got her and at no cost to me, cool.

My first battle. I wish that she was a tier 7, then I would probably use her in Narai. Unfortunately she is probably just a Snowflake now.

You might take it out of port more than you're thinking: 

• German BB captain trainer.
  • Ship that completes BB, German, tier VIII+, torpedo, secondary, and potential damage missions/stages/events (low HP takes a bit of care, but it's still great armor and the effect of the low HP is exaggerated).  
  • Ship that is genuinely fun to play.  

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,472 posts
18,553 battles
36 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Ship that is genuinely fun to play.  

The most important one.

[DW-62]
Beta Testers
86 posts
964 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

image.thumb.png.d9ddc2c678ecf6eb01827c6bead12cc8.png

image.thumb.png.afc94ce38ecf8f89a79191e6ea16cb72.png

My buddy who picked one up for the 1500 doubloons love her, and has been on a Odin-apologist binge whenever we talk about ships. So much so, I'm almost convinced she will end up being one of those ships people will look a few months down the road as an acceptable ship to take into Tier 8 battles with a really high floor of skill needed to sail her and an even higher ceiling for what she can accomplish. I said almost. I'll do an one-on-one in a custom game against him with my Tier 8 Standard Battleship (i.e. USS North Carolina) and we'll settle this once and for all.  

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,722 posts
17 minutes ago, Roken1 said:

My buddy who picked one up for the 1500 doubloons love her, and has been on a Odin-apologist binge whenever we talk about ships. So much so, I'm almost convinced she will end up being one of those ships people will look a few months down the road as an acceptable ship to take into Tier 8 battles with a really high floor of skill needed to sail her and an even higher ceiling for what she can accomplish. I said almost. I'll do an one-on-one in a custom game against him with my Tier 8 Standard Battleship (i.e. USS North Carolina) and we'll settle this once and for all.  

Which map are you thinking you'll use? 

[KAPPA]
Members
3,036 posts
7,803 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

The most important one.

I was actually shocked how fun she is. I don't like Scharnhorst and I don't like Bismarck, and yet... combining the two just works.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,036 posts
7,803 battles
4 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

How much is it to buy the last couple of phases?

3,500 doubloons for 2 phases. 1,750 per phase.

[CVA16]
Members
5,123 posts
15,315 battles
2 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

3,500 doubloons for 2 phases. 1,750 per phase.

More than I have at the moment. That means I'd have to put out some real cash to buy it.  Hmmmm

[DW-62]
Beta Testers
86 posts
964 battles
45 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Which map are you thinking you'll use? 

Just to be fair, we'll randomize the map selection and roll a die. I have no doubts, he will hide like a good Kriegsmarine until I get too close, so it might be a lot of games where we just run out of time. We did the same thing back in Navyfield, South Dakota versus Bismark. Although the Bismarks in that game never got torpedoes either.  

[KAPPA]
Members
3,036 posts
7,803 battles
12 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

More than I have at the moment. That means I'd have to put out some real cash to buy it.  Hmmmm

If you need to be swayed one way or the other, Mouse's review does a great job at selling the fun factor as well as compares her to Tirpitz quite a lot to show all the many differences between the two. Not only that, but her torp placement on the rear, while giving them a slightly worse arc than Tirpitz, also results in the rarely being taken out. In something like 10 matches in Odin, I don't think my torp tubes have been destroyed once, and even incapacitations are rare, as people don't shoot at sterns that much.

[IROCZ]
Members
237 posts
18,655 battles

if anyone wants to think about buying the final 2 phases to get odin, hurry i think it end in 6 days !!

i got it its fun, still dont know about the build, some say secondaries are horrid, but building them out to 11.6 sounds cool, 

its a work in progress for me building it up

panama

Edited by panamaz28

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,604 posts
13,759 battles

You mean grind for the privilege of paying 3500 dubs? 

652576410346455051.png?v=1

[TBW]
Members
9,984 posts
16,784 battles
8 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

If you have recruited some people go and check if you have any benefits coming.

[INTEL]
Members
12,508 posts
34,738 battles

Yep, lots of fun in coop. But the poor gun performance and crap armor and tiny health pool, plus the constant uptiering, means that when you load into a match in that thing, your side is basically down a BB and has one extra cruiser.

I did once. Uptiered to T10, once was enough. 

But thanks for the Odin at the price. An excellent deal, and a fun grind!

Edited by Taichunger

Sign in to follow this