Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
timinindiana

Two CVs a match ruins gameplay for everyone else

36 comments in this topic

[AOI]
Members
255 posts
13,070 battles

Just spent the day seeing two CVs a match in over half my games..You have two choices to make when planes our all around you the whole game

1) Try to track all the planes and adjust AA sector and maneuver around to avoid hits and sacrifice your own role in the game and hope you can get a breather between sorties to engage other ships with your guns.

2) Ignore all the planes that our constantly around you most of the game and only take action when you hear the torpedo warning or the whistling of the bombs. Then pray you live long enough to actually have meaningful engagements with enemy ships..

When two CVs our present for each side it ruins the game for every other ship class in the game..

I have no issues with CVs if WG keeps it to "one" CV per team

• Cool 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Boring 6

Members
5,257 posts

Hmm, same thread again.  Same as the last 500 times.  <Yawn>.

You can adapt or quit.  CVs aren't going away.  Have a nice time.

• Boring 4
  • Meh 13

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,373 posts
5,289 battles

49sz47.jpg

• Confused 1

[-K-]
Members
8,189 posts
13,489 battles

It is to be expected at low tiers.

Far less common at higher tiers, but definitely a buzz kill when it happens.

Members
43 posts
1,208 battles

if you move as a group then  planes can't do much. it s just too much AA for any decent approach.

When a DD can trick and fool around a whole group, planes cannot.

AA circles can overlap from 2-3 km, if good AA ships just choose to protect valuable target on their teams, that s done for CV.

Edited by tribal556
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 2

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,442 posts
6,282 battles

it sucks just a much as those new odin ships fighting at LONG RANGE then asking themselves why they died without comtributing a single hit to the team.

had a match where 2 players with that garbage ship managed to play worse than my graf zep(second place).

i follow this life of thought

"if your team managed to be worse than your graf zeppelin,you carried them and they suck at video games HARD"

Edited by Cruxdei
  • Boring 4

[-VT-]
Members
770 posts
23,922 battles
2 hours ago, Kirov_Six said:

Same tired reply that doesn't address the issue brought up (Yawn)  It wasn't about CV in general the issue being addressed. If you actually care to read the post was two CVs. Maybe you missed that when you yawned.

I think you should keep bringing it up and hope WG finally listens and limits it on one

• Cool 2

[-VT-]
Members
770 posts
23,922 battles
15 minutes ago, tribal556 said:

if you move as a group then  planes can't do much. it s just too much AA for any decent approach.

When a DD can trick and fool around a whole group, planes cannot.

AA circles can overlap from 2-3 km, if good AA ships just choose to protect valuable target on their teams, that s done for CV.

With two CV is doesn't really matter, they low right through your AA

[-VT-]
Members
770 posts
23,922 battles
1 minute ago, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

tenor (2).gif

And these are the types that are testing, it no wonder things are getting crappy lol

• Confused 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,205 posts
5,975 battles

Its really been a long time since I've had one above T6.. Damn common at T4. rare at T6 for the most part,      I'm really not seeing them anymore at 8/10?  

[TDRB]
Members
4,577 posts
12,800 battles
2 hours ago, Kirov_Six said:

and the same less than intelligent reply. The OP said nothing about removing CV's from the game.

CV's have created an imbalance in the game. WG needs to be reminded there are issues. And WG is making changes, hopefully for the better.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
634 posts
4,435 battles

I have to agree, it's not even good for the CV. 

Less ships for you to farm, and more fighters for you to ignore! 

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,902 posts
8,849 battles
49 minutes ago, tribal556 said:

if you move as a group then  planes can't do much

1) Not in low tiers, in most cases AA there is too weak to deter CVs even when you blob up.

2) No in late game, when there often is no group left.

3) Even against heavy AA good CV players will still succesfully strike the ships that are closest to the outside if the blob

Also, since when a lemming train that consists of the entire team is considered a desirable and fun strategy?

• Cool 3

[DDMAF]
Members
2,823 posts
16,146 battles
2 hours ago, timinindiana said:

Just spent the day seeing two CVs a match in over half my games..You have two choices to make when planes our all around you the whole game

1) Try to track all the planes and adjust AA sector and maneuver around to avoid hits and sacrifice your own role in the game and hope you can get a breather between sorties to engage other ships with your guns.

2) Ignore all the planes that our constantly around you most of the game and only take action when you hear the torpedo warning or the whistling of the bombs. Then pray you live long enough to actually have meaningful engagements with enemy ships..

When two CVs our present for each side it ruins the game for every other ship class in the game..

You are part of a small, but vocal minority. The reason that you are seeing so many CVs in game is because they are popular and good and people generally love them.  You will have to just dodge until you learn to love CVs like the rest of us.

Edited by legozer
  • Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[-VT-]
Members
770 posts
23,922 battles
4 minutes ago, legozer said:

You are part of a small, but vocal minority. The reason that you are seeing so many CVs in game is because they are popular and good and people generally love them.  You will have to just dodge until you learn to love CVs like the rest of us.

Well that's a load of crap, with a due respect

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[DDMAF]
Members
2,823 posts
16,146 battles
4 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Well that's a load of crap, with a due respect

You need to *checks notes* learn to play differently somehow and adapt? That seems to be the current advice. 

• Boring 1

Members
1,642 posts
3 hours ago, timinindiana said:

Pretty sure there are 4 players in each of these games that are having a great time. It doesn't ruin it for everyone.

• Haha 2
  • Meh 1

Members
5,257 posts
5 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Pretty sure there are 4 players in each of these games that are having a great time. It doesn't ruin it for everyone.

Most of the people whining the loudest in these threads are the seal clubbers that aren't using CVs to do it, anyway.

• Cool 1

[-VT-]
Members
770 posts
23,922 battles
8 minutes ago, Kirov_Six said:

Most of the people whining the loudest in these threads are the seal clubbers that aren't using CVs to do it, anyway.

Says the one who hides his profile, then call others names. Two CVs in a game makes it a poor experience for most. Everyone knows it. Just limit it to one. But to even suggest that must be heresy

Thou must be branded with a  red "W" for the mere suggestion of besmirching the holiness of a CV player opinion. Nay shutter the notion of even asking for any facts or possible mention that we had to go though a year of "reworking" . Furthermore the term "reworking" other wise know as FIXING BROKEN CRAP; will be now be designated as "game enhancement " 

Edited by vikingno2
  • Cool 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[AOI]
Members
255 posts
13,070 battles
8 minutes ago, Kirov_Six said:

I am one of the few who likes having a CV in game.But two of them puts way to many planes in the game and yes it ruins the game play for every other ship class in the game. No I do not seal club..Never seen myself as good enough to do that..

[AOI]
Members
255 posts
13,070 battles
3 hours ago, Kirov_Six said:

Hey all due respect to CV captains..Love seeing a CV in game just not two of them..Trust me I adapt and you do not want to test that..

[-V1-]
Beta Testers
180 posts
7,354 battles
3 hours ago, Kirov_Six said:

he's only asking they be limited to 1 a side which isn't that bad of a request and tell me how well would you do if both cv's attacked you non stop

Sign in to follow this