Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Cynder_TheDragon

Looking for recommendations for 2 ships

5 comments in this topic

Members
16 posts
499 battles

So I am coming back to warships after a pretty long time off from the game , I forgot I had purchased the Tier 5 USS Texas. I am wondering what Captain skills should I put on to this ship? I don't plan on using this commander to any other ship so I don't need to worry about retraining and what not. My second ship I was also looking for help with is the Tier 7 US New Mexico my captain currently has 10 skill points but I do not know what skills I should get for it. The only skill I do currently have is: Preventive maintenance , Expert Marksman , Adrenaline Rush  

[-VT-]
Members
688 posts
31,549 battles

I vote you use your New Mex captain on your New Mex ...AND...your Texas.  Push the experience from both ships on that one captain and get that captain to 19 skill points asap.

Then worry about the second captain, while using the elite captain experience from your New Mex captain to help this second (Texas'?) captain.

Edited by Sabene
  • Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
8,869 posts
7,337 battles

It looks like you have 5 points available on your 10 pt captain.

Superintendent for extra heals is a good 3 pt. skill.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
230 posts
2,480 battles
On 7/29/2020 at 12:57 PM, Sabene said:

I vote you use your New Mex captain on your New Mex ...AND...your Texas.  Push the experience from both ships on that one captain and get that captain to 10 skill points asap.

Then worry about the second captain, while using the elite captain experience from your New Mex captain to help this second (Texas'?) captain.

This is good advice.  Always use the premiums as trainers for the potential uprades or for those ships you plan to keep.

On 7/29/2020 at 1:02 PM, DrHolmes52 said:

It looks like you have 5 points available on your 10 pt captain.

Superintendent for extra heals is a good 3 pt. skill.

The extra heal(s) go a long way.

[GC]
Alpha Tester
811 posts
3,870 battles

The Basic BBitch Build:

1 pt --- Priority Target or Preventive Maintenance. Personally, I prefer the former, as it gives you tons of information and battleships don't tend to get modules knocked out that much, so PM is of limited value. It helps, though.

3 pts --- This is a tough call as to which to take first. Adrenaline Rush helps with the ghastly long reload, but Expert Marksman helps with the ghastly slow turrets. I'd probably take EM on the first pass because sluggish turrets really limit your ability to pick targets of opportunity and otherwise respond to changing battle conditions.

6 pts ---  I'd actually go with Basics of Survivability first, over Superintendent. Minimizing DoT damage is very important and eases the strain on both your DamCon and your heal. Heals effectively have diminishing returns in most situations (unless you wind up taking a lot of fire damage and not much in the way of penetrating hits), so giving yourself one extra charge of heal is of situational value, and, at 3 points, it's an expensive investment compared to things that help you with far more consistency; Superintendent is much more attractive when you have lots of powerful consumables like radar, hydro, and reload or speed boost to capitalize on, but no USN battleships do except for Missouri. No mistake about it, though, that extra heal CAN save you in clutch situations. I am simply of the opinion than making yourself a bit tankier up front lessens the need for it. Soviet battleships are the exception, here: Superintendent is absolutely essential to get ASAP for them.

10 pts --- Fire Prevention or Concealment Expert. Pick one. CE gives you a bit more flexibility with regard to positioning and disengaging, while Fire Prevention makes you less burny. Both are hugely beneficial. I usually take FP first.

12 pts --- Whichever you didn't take first of EM and AR.

16 pts --- Whichever you didn't take first of FP and CE.

19 pts --- Whichever you didn't take first of BoS and SI.

This works for almost all battleships which don't have some sort of gimmick, like workable secondary guns or the USSR DamCon. As an alternative to taking BoS/SI at 19, you could put the last three points into High Alert and either Preventive Maintenance or Expert Loader, the latter of which does come in handy on occasion, especially when you're running the Doe captains that get the improved 75% version of it.

--Helms

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this