You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SirTurdFerguson

Cant, research next ship

27 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
4,547 posts
10,876 battles

It says right there.. Required 2,225.   Your short 2,225. Some ships have modules you have to research before you can move on.

[DW-62]
Beta Testers
84 posts
964 battles

The new research and Equipment UI is subpar. I wish we still had the old one, but Spyde is correct, you need to get out of the tech tree menu and go under equipment. Each piece of equipment needs research points to unlock and credits to mount said module on to your ship. You don't need to research every single module to unlock the next ship, but you do need to research the models on the white line towards the ship you're working towards. The tech tree menu attempts to simplify this with one click, but only adds to the confusion. We veteran players can only apologize for bad player behavior. The front end engineers responsible for the current UI has to apologize for such an obtuse multi layer system.  OP, you've done nothing wrong. 

[CO-OP]
[CO-OP]
Members
786 posts
21,814 battles

Make sure that you are looking at the ship XP and not the commander XP.  The new port UI is confusing in this regard.  You need to go to the "equipment" tab while in port.

Edit:  Ninja'd by @Roken1

Edited by HamptonRoads

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,659 posts
13,997 battles

A screen shot would have been better OP. You take them buy using the PrintScreen key and you will find the screen shot in the games screen shot folder.

• Haha 1

[ARGSY]
Members
18,825 posts
13,119 battles
55 minutes ago, SirTurdFerguson said:

I'm unable to research the myogi even though I have more than enough xp.

How much XP do you have on the Kawachi? Go to port, then to the equipment tab. 

• Cool 1

[OVRPN]
[OVRPN]
Beta Testers
108 posts
17,031 battles
8 hours ago, Spyde said:

It says right there.. Required 2,225.   Your short 2,225. Some ships have modules you have to research before you can move on.

Yeah, the wording of that has always bothered me. It not being reworded is further evidence that the UI redesign person shouldn't have been paid.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,825 posts
13,119 battles
10 hours ago, ZeroGiven said:

Yeah, the wording of that has always bothered me. It not being reworded is further evidence that the UI redesign person shouldn't have been paid.

If you have trouble understanding what this is telling you, it's not Wargaming's problem. 

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[OVRPN]
[OVRPN]
Beta Testers
108 posts
17,031 battles
5 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If you have trouble understanding what this is telling you, it's not Wargaming's problem. 

That says 2225 xp is required and he has 6700 xp. If that is accurate, why can't he research the ship?

Members
2 posts
16 battles
On 7/29/2020 at 11:52 AM, Spyde said:

You must be mistaken as I have 6,700xp which is more than enough and to answer the person who said I should have used print screen, I did go that rout but I could not find the screenshot in my files because this new laptop I have came with that awful windows 10 

• Meh 1

Beta Testers
1,536 posts
18,860 battles
2 minutes ago, SirTurdFerguson said:

You must be mistaken as I have 6,700xp which is more than enough and to answer the person who said I should have used print screen, I did go that rout but I could not find the screenshot in my files because this new laptop I have came with that awful windows 10 

C:/Games/World_of_Warships/Screenshots is the default path, to take a screen shot press print screen. To review a replay make sure game center is open then dbl click on the replay you would like to watch. Also in the pic you posted I read that as you have 6700 xp but you need 2,225 more to research the ship.

Beta Testers
1,536 posts
18,860 battles
40 minutes ago, ZeroGiven said:

That says 2225 xp is required and he has 6700 xp. If that is accurate, why can't he research the ship?

It says he has 6700 but needs 2225 more.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,825 posts
13,119 battles
17 minutes ago, SirTurdFerguson said:

You must be mistaken as I have 6,700xp which is more than enough

No. The "Research" figure which you see in your initial screenshot is the research COST. The "Required" is telling you how short you are. 

[OVRPN]
[OVRPN]
Beta Testers
108 posts
17,031 battles
14 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

It says he has 6700 but needs 2225 more.

Nowhere does it say he needs 2225 more

Beta Testers
1,536 posts
18,860 battles
12 minutes ago, ZeroGiven said:

Nowhere does it say he needs 2225 more

Yup confusing as heck but the ship showing on screen is Itchy

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,315 posts
11,905 battles
2 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

I read that as he has 6700 but "requires" 2225 more, am I wrong?

No you're not wrong. OP is just confused.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,825 posts
13,119 battles
6 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

Actually it looks as if he is trying to acquire the Ishizuchi which is a premium ship sold for 2500 dubs and he doesnt quite have enough.  HE only 275 dubs and needs 2225 more

No, he's not. The tech tree purchase interface just happens to be sitting directly above the Ishi and it's caught up in the shot. 

I'm sticking with my interpretation. He's 2225 short, and if he'd give us a shot of the Kawachi in port with the Equipment tab selected, everything would become clear.

Members
5,219 posts
On 7/29/2020 at 12:51 PM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

How much XP do you have on the Kawachi? Go to port, then to the equipment tab. 

Hmm, nvm, I'll look again. 

Still, the picture says to me that they need 6700, and they're short 2225, possibly meaning they're missing a module on Kawachi.

Edited by Kirov_Six

Beta Testers
1,536 posts
18,860 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

No, he's not. The tech tree purchase interface just happens to be sitting directly above the Ishi and it's caught up in the shot. 

I'm sticking with my interpretation. He's 2225 short, and if he'd give us a shot of the Kawachi in port with the Equipment tab selected, everything would become clear.

Yup i edited that post ...you were too quick!

[WOLFG]
Members
27,388 posts
7,350 battles
2 hours ago, Fodder4U said:

No you're not wrong. OP is just confused.

I read it as you need 6700, not that he has 6700.

I would say he has 4475 on Kawachi, with Kawachi's B hull already researched.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
27,388 posts
7,350 battles
2 hours ago, Kirov_Six said:

Hmm, nvm, I'll look again. 

Still, the picture says to me that they need 6700, and they're short 2225, possibly meaning they're missing a module on Kawachi.

No, 6700XP is the cost of Myogi only. So he should have 4475XP.

• Cool 2

Members
395 posts
5,732 battles

13 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

No, 6700XP is the cost of Myogi only. So he should have 4475XP.

This is correct, since I'm working on the same BB (finally going down the Japanese BB line).  The ship cost is 6700 XP I currently have 1757 XP on my Kawachi, so I need 4943 more XP to get into the Myogi.  All of my modules are researched, but my screen will show 4943 more XP required.  I'm guessing he did this from the Tech Tree instead of the Equipment tab.  It is easier to see from the Equipment tab since it shows how much you have on the ship and below all the modules it show the next tier ship and how much it costs. 

• Cool 1