Hapa_Fodder

ST 0.9.8, World of Warships birthday, dockyard.

37 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,815 posts
13,283 battles

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WORLD OF WARSHIPS!

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/56   

Please leave feedback below.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 3

[WOLF8]
Members
7,108 posts
6,095 battles

Noice.

However, I think I'll sit the Anchorage dockyard event out. I'm burned out from the Odin dockyard and the German CV's events, lol.

[SUCIT]
Members
1,088 posts
17,860 battles
3 minutes ago, custer_14 said:

No steel or coal for “festive first wins”, pretty stingy.

Last year was this same way- T5-8 Anniversary camos, T9 Gift containers, T10 supercontainers 

And it’s nice to see a new perma campaign  and collection, which give linkable T9 perma camos 

and another Dockyard this time featuring Anchorage, with the same rules as Odin Dockyard, cool

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,659 posts
13,997 battles
8 minutes ago, custer_14 said:

No steel or coal for “festive first wins”, pretty stingy.

1 minute ago, tfcas119 said:

Last year was this same way- T5-8 Anniversary camos, T9 Gift containers, T10 supercontainers 

And it’s nice to see a new perma campaign  and collection, which give linkable T9 perma camos 

and another Dockyard this time featuring Anchorage, with the same rules as Odin Dockyard, cool

Yeah, it is the Warships anniversary that has the coal/steel.

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
757 posts
6,447 battles

What I like about the Odin Dockyard was getting steel :cap_win: for buying more than the required two building phases, which as a co-op main was nice so I bought the starter pack. 

We don’t seem to get the same deal for the Anchorage dockyard. Instead of steel, we get research points :cap_old:. I personally do not like the RB idea (or the attempted NTC), so I have no incentive or motivation now to buy more than the required two phases. I’ll reconsider if that changes to steel like the Odin event, but research points as a reward is a complete no go for me. 

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,494 posts
20,247 battles

Anchorage is an American CA with smoke (From the WoWs Gamer Blog)? That is interesting...

image.thumb.png.121fb487fbf23277b0e8740bf5a66a26.png

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,659 posts
13,997 battles
19 minutes ago, Beleaf_ said:

Going from steel to RB points is like a wet fart, otherwise the dockyard event looks promising.

RB points are nice for those that us it but are mostly useless for those that don't but the same can be said for steel for those that don't do clan battles or ranked.

• Cool 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
669 posts
8,550 battles
19 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

RB points are nice for those that us it but are mostly useless for those that don't but the same can be said for steel for those that don't do clan battles or ranked.

Did they say how many rb points are possible? I don’t see it in the link

Members
285 posts
12,635 battles

Interesting regarding the RB.  If I read the following correctly:

However, in that case, instead of the usual rewards for completing the shipbuilding phases, you'll get 600 Research Points for each completed phase. If you had no access to the Research Bureau, you'll get it upon receiving Research Points.

Then if you use doubloons to get past a few shipbuilding phases, you get RB points, and if you do not have access to the RB yet, you'll receive access when you get the RB points from that point forward (i.e., have access without having the 5 lines researched to T10).  Wonder if that means they feel they haven't had enough participation in the RB so far....

4 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

Looks like 600 RB points per phase; guess it will depend on how many phases you can/want to purchase of the 20.

[AZUR1]
Members
1 post
6,442 battles
7 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

I believe its 600 RB per Phase

• Cool 1

Members
2,886 posts
5,525 battles

The "Epochal" camo looks really good. I still haven't mounted two of my three "Infernal" or any of my "New Year" camos because they're so ugly. "Epochal" is not the greatest-looking camo I've ever seen, but it's not an eyesore, and for a free Tier IX permacamo it's entirely worthwhile. Also the "National" camo for Anchorage with the clear Tlingit art inspiration is really great. Hopefully it has the same bonuses as the other "National" camos do. 

Also a big fan of the 100k FXP for stage 12 rather than a Tier VI premium that I would have already had anyway.

• Cool 1

[WHEE]
Members
61 posts
1,942 battles

Can I not read, or did they not specify which city dockyard Anchorage would be in? Like, we just had Hamburg, etc. 

San Francisco or Boston pls. 

[-FUA-]
Members
75 posts
14,024 battles

What city?  I worked at a US Navy shipyard in Norfolk, VA - Norfolk Naval Shipyard (NNSY) is what I recommend.  NNSY began operation in 1767.  NNSY - burnt to the ground twice, we never close.  (Union forces evacuating the shipyard burnt it to the ground and confederate forces did the same.)  Or how about Newport News Shipyard in Newport News, VA (NNS) - who build the CVNs.  FYI:  NNSY built the USS Alabama BB-60 and was building but scrapped (1956?) USS Kentucky BB-66 last ordered battleship, Iowa class.

Then the RB points - I don't think you could get an Ohio on those point +10,000 given out.  CA-yes - RB points why?

Enjoy your day.

[ARC]
Members
773 posts
9,823 battles
2 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

It was tier 5-7 that got the Anniversary camos. Tier 8 gave one of the Gift container and tier 9 gave 2 of those.

2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Yeah, it is the Warships anniversary that has the coal/steel.

The one that gives coal/steel is the New Year patch (last patch of the year). 

1 hour ago, celticboy27 said:

Can I not read, or did they not specify which city dockyard Anchorage would be in? Like, we just had Hamburg, etc. 

San Francisco or Boston pls. 

The reason it is not mentioned is because the design uses the "Dockyard" in-game port. So it will be the same as Puerto Rico. For Odin's event, the Dockyard was in the "Hamburg" port, that's the reason it was called like that. More like WG should do another in-game port, at least based in another of the famous Navy Yards of the US.

Edited by hanesco

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,659 posts
13,997 battles
6 minutes ago, hanesco said:

The one that gives coal/steel is the New Year patch (last patch of the year). .

Duh, I should have known that. :Smile_facepalm:

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,569 posts

Watched the EU stream today, and while it's not mentioned here, they talked about the asymmetric battle mode... Something did not make sense to me.

They said that in order to play as the higher tier ships, you'll need battle tokens from playing the lower-tier ships. 

But if no one can play the higher-tier ships without battle tokens, how will matchmaker ever put the battles together without anyone to play the higher-tier ships at the start?  

• Confused 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,922 posts
11,400 battles

Probably pass on 'Asymmetrical battles' - half the ones I play already feel that way and don't need to intentionally throw myself in to more matches not top tier. To say nothing of I don't like some of the places this could be going as far as possible testing. 

Going for Anchorage will be debatable knowing nothing about what it is or supposed to be. Would prefer a ship at mid or at least a higher FXP count since were already getting raked over the coals cost wise for anything that isn't Nelson at this point (because the cost to convert XP even on sale is way more than what your selling the ships for when on sale and they are 33% and now for the tier 10 100% more FXP than what it takes in normal XP to get a ship of the same tier which is absurd). Also - would it really kill you guys to just actually make it free or at least do what you did with the UK DD and make it a massive discount. Make the price 2 dollars per stage - that would come in right around the actual cost of the ship in tore (based on other cruiser prices), maybe 3-4 cause of the other goodies. 

And seriously - come up with a new container for the anniversary events. Or give us x dollar Santa crates. Crates with tier 6 ships where we get that or dubloons. Just not freaking Supercontainers. Seriously - I actually hate seeing RNG supercontainers when I select more resources. I have 1 ship from the dozens I've had events and RNG. For he most part, till hey were removed, I only got those upgrades I never use. Since they were removed, all I get is 100 of pick a combat signal I already have 7, 8, 900 of, and am not going to run out of any time soon - that I just end up selling for credits same as the damn upgrades. That or make super containers actually super - special signals, premium time, dubloons, ships, coal, steel, RB points (those last 3 in rather large chunks). Things you don't really get all the time or actually need a lot of to buy something. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
35 posts
4,063 battles

Anchorage camo looks really good,, I expect the ship will have a standard Type 10 camo for the no-nonsense historical types but I'm really hoping that the gaudy flag line camo shown is also available for free without the flags (as opposed to the 2000 doubloon Nordic camo on Odin) The indigenous artwork inspired camo is truly exceptional (it blows Nordic out of the water, and Nordic is a good camo too) and it deserves to be used in it's full glory without flags and deck personnel tacked on.

• Cool 1

[PNGYN]
Alpha Tester
1,469 posts
3,329 battles

i be more happy if they revert back to RTS carriers with the unlimited planes mechanic from Rework (it was the only good thing that came out of it). though knowing WG that is highly unlikely...

• Confused 1
  • Meh 1