You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Worfair

NO Cv's In coop in the day!!

11 comments in this topic

[NWS]
Members
5 posts
99 battles

I just wondered unless you play one, why are there no aircraft carriers in coop mode in the day time, but only at night? 

For people who prefer that type of mode how on earth are they supposed to finish the german cv event  directive 4, shoot down 45 aircraft when there's none flying in the first place?

Some clan members have played today for eg over 20-30 games in coop and not seen a cv. 

[WOLFG]
Members
27,417 posts
7,385 battles
4 minutes ago, Worfair said:

For people who prefer that type of mode how on earth are they supposed to finish the german cv event  directive 4, shoot down 45 aircraft....

Best way is to play a T6+ CV yourself.

T4 would work, if the bot CV is inclined to attack your CV.

Edited by Skpstr

Members
266 posts
520 battles

I have rarely seen a Tier 4+ Co-Op game with no CV's, maybe you just have bad luck. Don't get a lottery ticket.

• Funny 1

[NWS]
Members
5 posts
99 battles

Well looks like we can only play at night then. smh!!

Edited by Worfair

[ARGSY]
Members
18,955 posts
13,161 battles
42 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Best way is to play a T6+ CV yourself.

Or to div up with somebody who has one.

That being said, depending on the carriers involved, dropping your CAP fighters to intercept the bot's strike can sometimes be hit-or-miss. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,837 posts
9,540 battles

Anybody look at this and go.....Huh?

I get em the same day or night - random. 

On another note, if you are a decent AA ship captain, just leave your AA/secondaries on & you'll usually  take down 3 fighter/spotter planes in most co op games.

If you are not close enough to kill those planes, ur playing Co op wrong.

• Meh 1

[WOLF3]
Members
25,755 posts
22,652 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Or to div up with somebody who has one.

That being said, depending on the carriers involved, dropping your CAP fighters to intercept the bot's strike can sometimes be hit-or-miss. 

Usually you look at where the DD is on the team.  The AI in WoWS is stupid, they go for the nearest ships, which will be some DD typically since they're the fastest and will be the most forward.  As a CV, you just zip your planes over ahead of that DD in anticipation and intercept the initial attack.  Multiple DDs?  I go ahead of the fastest DD.

Multiple player DDs?   More unpredictable and go for the most forward sailing one.

But as you said, it can be hit-or-miss.  You can follow stuff like the above, but sometimes the simple matter is the enemy CV is spawned on the furthest opposite area and you won't be able to intercept in time, and it will go for the nearest DD to it.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,955 posts
13,161 battles
8 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The AI in WoWS is stupid, they go for the nearest ships, which will be some DD typically since they're the fastest and will be the most forward.  As a CV, you just zip your planes over ahead of that DD in anticipation and intercept the initial attack.

Oh I know how to do it, but admit it - sometimes you lay the perfect trap and the interceptors you put down buzz around mindlessly in a circle and fail to intercept before the enemy flight either escapes out the other side (especially if they are in an Indomitable; even Indom cap fighters have a hard time catching Sea Hornets), and sometimes they latch on at once and you kill half a dozen enemy aircraft. That's the hit or miss part. 

One neat trick if you're willing to sacrifice the strike by hitting F to return to base is to fly right into the middle of a cap the bot drops and put your own cap fighters down there, then bug out. The two caps will usually find and mutually destroy each other at that point, but it's not something I'd do if I'm the only human or one of two or three. In that situation, my team needs all the anti-surface firepower it can get, and I can't afford to waste plane cycles trying to bait enemy fighters that way.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[PVE]
Members
11,510 posts
22,446 battles
1 hour ago, Worfair said:

I just wondered unless you play one, why are there no aircraft carriers in coop mode in the day time, but only at night? 

For people who prefer that type of mode how on earth are they supposed to finish the german cv event  directive 4, shoot down 45 aircraft when there's none flying in the first place?

Some clan members have played today for eg over 20-30 games in coop and not seen a cv. 

I see them all the time (bots on both sides) day and night. It just depends on the makeup of the ships in the queue whether or not a bot CV is added to fill a human slot. 

Not seeing CV's does make it hard to get plane kills but not impossible. I completed some 30 and 60 plane missions when there literally were no CV's in Co-op period right after the rework. You have to take a ship with the fighter consumable (fast Cruiser works best) and move up fast to find another Cruiser (red) with a fighter on it.

Bots launch them the second they are available. So, right at spawn the bots put them up and you can look for where you see fighters and head that way. The trick is to try and be there when the fighters come off cooldown as they will immediately put them up again as soon as they come off cooldown. Be within your AA bubble when they do.

You have about 3 mins to get close to a bot with a fighter and be ready for it to launch its planes for the 2nd time at the start of the game. When it does put yours up and sector AA. You can get 1-4+ a game doing this. It just depends on how may times you can get close at the right time, how many fighters it has in the group, and how many you can shoot down of those available. Think I did 9 once and I know I had multiple 4-6.

It just makes you vulnerable and to get some planes down might get you stomped. But it will do the tasks. I found T6-T8 US Cruisers especially good at this task. Helena was my go to.