You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Meta_Man

Le Terrible pure aggression

6 comments in this topic

[META_]
Members
1,829 posts
18,948 battles

Hello captains ,  playing ranked and showing how pure aggression with the speed and firepower wins. The French are underestimated .Enjoy the video and please subscribe to my youtube channel if you like the video and I have plenty of other fun videos on my channel Meta_Man2002

• Thanks 1

[META_]
Members
2,282 posts
7,823 battles
On 7/29/2020 at 7:34 AM, Meta_Man said:

Hello captains ,  playing ranked and showing how pure aggression with the speed and firepower wins. The French are underestimated .Enjoy the video and please subscribe to my youtube channel if you like the video and I have plenty of other fun videos on my channel Meta_Man2002

hi Meta_Man,

This is a testimonial, I watched most of your videos on French DDs, also Kidd. 

Have always played 'too aggressively' in DDs, and in the IJN line, particularly Shima, it does not generally end well for me, or my team. Watching one of your Le Terrible videos that was in random, and you got a devastating strike at range with the guns. in 3+ years, no dev strikes with any DD gun. Got Le Terrible last nite, and in my first battle, from 11+ km, first kill in the ship, battle, and first ever dev strike... with one shell hit. 8200 + damage.

What i took into that battle was your philosophy of kills, caps and leaving the team in good shape wins, and Fair Fights are for Suckers. Even with a CV in the battle with the amazing 8 rated AA, it made no difference. Didn't do much damage (under 38k) but was over 1 million pot damage, 4 kills, 1 cap, 1 defended, and topped the scores after the battle.

It became obvious during that battle that the red CV was deliberately trying to ruin my fun! Next battle i took my Kidd, which has languished in port since i got her years ago in a Santa Crate. (remember when those were good?) No CVs, of course, so no revenge, but the same strategy worked great! 88k+ damage, 3 kills, 1 cap, one assist cap, defended and was still afloat at the end of the battle. Those heals are nice.

Became obvious that i need to learn hot to aim floaty shells. The inertia caused from traveling at 50+kts seems to cause some drift, but I LOVE shooting over islands... when you walk a set into the (whatever) ship is hiding there, nobody is shooting at you, it's a lot of fun.

Hoping WG considers adding splash damage!! There were multiple times i literally could not see the DD i was trying to hit because of all the shell splashes around them. Most of those shells were mine, because after they have been aloft for a few minutes, the red ships (including BBs) had time to move away. I could not stop laughing when this happened, as I done it so many time when a DD gets their machine guns locked on, and don't want to burn down right away. It's not like you can outrun them.

Anyway, thanks! No doubt, some of the results tonite were dumb luck, 1st timer, etc, but at least there's hope.  spud

• Cool 1

[META_]
Members
1,829 posts
18,948 battles
9 hours ago, Spud_butt said:

hi Meta_Man,

This is a testimonial, I watched most of your videos on French DDs, also Kidd. 

Have always played 'too aggressively' in DDs, and in the IJN line, particularly Shima, it does not generally end well for me, or my team. Watching one of your Le Terrible videos that was in random, and you got a devastating strike at range with the guns. in 3+ years, no dev strikes with any DD gun. Got Le Terrible last nite, and in my first battle, from 11+ km, first kill in the ship, battle, and first ever dev strike... with one shell hit. 8200 + damage.

What i took into that battle was your philosophy of kills, caps and leaving the team in good shape wins, and Fair Fights are for Suckers. Even with a CV in the battle with the amazing 8 rated AA, it made no difference. Didn't do much damage (under 38k) but was over 1 million pot damage, 4 kills, 1 cap, 1 defended, and topped the scores after the battle.

It became obvious during that battle that the red CV was deliberately trying to ruin my fun! Next battle i took my Kidd, which has languished in port since i got her years ago in a Santa Crate. (remember when those were good?) No CVs, of course, so no revenge, but the same strategy worked great! 88k+ damage, 3 kills, 1 cap, one assist cap, defended and was still afloat at the end of the battle. Those heals are nice.

Became obvious that i need to learn hot to aim floaty shells. The inertia caused from traveling at 50+kts seems to cause some drift, but I LOVE shooting over islands... when you walk a set into the (whatever) ship is hiding there, nobody is shooting at you, it's a lot of fun.

Hoping WG considers adding splash damage!! There were multiple times i literally could not see the DD i was trying to hit because of all the shell splashes around them. Most of those shells were mine, because after they have been aloft for a few minutes, the red ships (including BBs) had time to move away. I could not stop laughing when this happened, as I done it so many time when a DD gets their machine guns locked on, and don't want to burn down right away. It's not like you can outrun them.

Anyway, thanks! No doubt, some of the results tonite were dumb luck, 1st timer, etc, but at least there's hope.  spud

Congratulations:cap_horn:,  just remember play to your ships strengths...Le Terrible is speed ,reload booster, and torp dev strikes...Kidd is more of a utility player....great dd hunter,great AA with DFAA , stay alive and heal to comeback later...bad alpha strike with only 4 torps and slow compared to LT....At the end of the day it is all about using your specific ships advantages..And never ever fight the fair fight:cap_rambo:I love when we can help each other succeed ....

[WOLF9]
Members
4,679 posts

Pretty much this, lol.  I fell victim to forumitis- believing the hype about what a "bad" ship Le Terrible was...

Then, during the last snowflake event, I said what the heck- and took it out.   Played it the way I'd been playing my other French DDs and WOW!  This thing is a monster!    Like you said- pure aggression, is the way to play a fast gunbote- and it pays dividends in this one.   Pewx1.000.000.000- then when they get tired of your bullspit, and come after you...   "EAT THIS!!!!" as you drop a bunch of torpedoes just past that slip of land you got them to chase you around, lol.

Honestly, the French DD's were everything I wanted from a DD.  They were MY ships, the moment I first played one.  ALL of em- even the premiums the forum loves to hate.   Le Terrible is just the highest tier one I've got so far.   And the name pretty much describes what it feels like to be on the recieving end of it's fury, lol.

I just call it Le Fun!

[META_]
Members
2,282 posts
7,823 battles
4 hours ago, Meta_Man said:

Congratulations:cap_horn:,  just remember play to your ships strengths...Le Terrible is speed ,reload booster, and torp dev strikes...Kidd is more of a utility player....great dd hunter,great AA with DFAA , stay alive and heal to comeback later...bad alpha strike with only 4 torps and slow compared to LT....At the end of the day it is all about using your specific ships advantages..And never ever fight the fair fight:cap_rambo:I love when we can help each other succeed ....

Got up to the Vauqauelin last weekend, and just getting it sorted out... 14 pt capt, which is one of the reasons i got the Le Terrible, to level up the capt. Going to try RDF, which i have not used to this point, and figuring it will help with savaging DDs. Enjoyed your videos on that.

Do not have any of the special French capts, which do you think works best?? For now, i'm using BFT and AFT for the range and reload when boost is on cooldown, but am strongly considering the build you use, with Basic Survive, RDF etc... Still figuring out how to use my aggressive tendencies and not getting killed 3 min in. Which i did the first couple times i used the Vauq... lol

Thanks for the videos and support!! One of the things i found most helpful was just watching the way you position... early battle positioning is not my strength.  spud

Edited by Spud_butt
because we can.

[META_]
Members
1,829 posts
18,948 battles
23 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Pretty much this, lol.  I fell victim to forumitis- believing the hype about what a "bad" ship Le Terrible was...

Then, during the last snowflake event, I said what the heck- and took it out.   Played it the way I'd been playing my other French DDs and WOW!  This thing is a monster!    Like you said- pure aggression, is the way to play a fast gunbote- and it pays dividends in this one.   Pewx1.000.000.000- then when they get tired of your bullspit, and come after you...   "EAT THIS!!!!" as you drop a bunch of torpedoes just past that slip of land you got them to chase you around, lol.

Honestly, the French DD's were everything I wanted from a DD.  They were MY ships, the moment I first played one.  ALL of em- even the premiums the forum loves to hate.   Le Terrible is just the highest tier one I've got so far.   And the name pretty much describes what it feels like to be on the recieving end of it's fury, lol.

I just call it Le Fun!

Nice.....yes her speed is what  the masses do not know how to quantify....they hear this concealment is bad or that dpm is low.....no one has even considered how much higher her flexibility is than any others with that beautiful speed.

Edited by Meta_Man