Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TheArc

Which Tier 5 RU premium cruiser is your fave?

9 comments in this topic

[FORM]
Members
1,423 posts
10,307 battles

I never bought a one, but I look and I have 4 now. Which one do you prefer? What about if it gets up-tiered? I know most folks already say the Krasny is terrible - and she's silly for sure, and pretty awful if up tiered. But which do you prefer and why?

• Murmansk
  • Kirov
  • Mikoyan
  • Krasny Krym

Tnx for your opinions :)

[WOLF5]
Members
895 posts
8,030 battles

I only have the Murmansk and Mikoyan (that was free). I have always enjoyed the Murmansk and thought is a very good ship. I do not enjoy the Mikoyan and find far less enjoyable and capable than the Murmansk.

[KWF]
Members
4,169 posts
6,337 battles

Murmansk easily for a few reasons. 

Rudder shift of a DD allowing for quick dodges.

Decent base range that can be extended with the spotter.

AP that has the same performance as Chapayev three tiers higher.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,493 posts
20,244 battles

Murmansk is the best at that tier from those choices. Fast-firing 5" guns that can chew up DD. Great range with  just enough loft combined with her spotter so you can light fires (don't use IFHE) on BB from over islands. Like all CL, she is fragile so you have to dance when targetted.

Second choice would be the Krispy Kreme. Lots of guns fire fast.

I guess I am biased to fast-firing guns. Kirov and Mikoyan, even though with a heavier caliber, take too long to reload, reducing dpm. BUT if you are good at aiming those 180mm rail guns will chew up your target - especially AP on other cruisers.

Still Murmansk is best at tier, IMHO.

[-K-]
Members
8,162 posts
13,463 battles

Murmansk, both because of sentimental reasons, and because it's simply a better Omaha in almost every way.

Members
234 posts
4,716 battles

Kirov.

Not only is it more accurate than Mikoyan, but it also has more firepower per salvo. These rail guns allow it to easily and reliably citadel cruisers and even battleships. It's an absolute monster, the only weakness being it's lack of strong armor.

Sign in to follow this