Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
WM1957

Trade Ships

12 comments in this topic

[PHD]
Members
61 posts
3,195 battles

It would be a nice feature if we could trade unwanted ships with another player. Perhaps restricted to members of a clan and with a price in credits.

• Cool 2

[O_O]
Members
6,268 posts
14,593 battles

Hello, fellow Missourian.

This has been suggested several times over the past few years, but WG has shown no interest in entertaining the thought.  It would likely have some negative impact on sales, so I suppose I get why.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,564 posts
17,892 battles

I'll happily sell you my Montana, Kremlin or Yamato for one easy payment of $100 to my chinese bank account. My Belfast, Musashi, Gremyashchy, Koenig Albert, Smolensk or Nikolai I I'll part with for $500 a piece, and for the bargain price of $1000 you'll have a Missouri.

Starting to see the problem yet?

• Haha 2

Members
894 posts
8,024 battles
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

I'll happily sell you my Montana, Kremlin or Yamato for one easy payment of $100 to my chinese bank account. My Belfast, Musashi, Gremyashchy, Koenig Albert, Smolensk or Nikolai I I'll part with for $500 a piece, and for the bargain price of $1000 you'll have a Missouri.

I recall when I first joined this game about 3 years ago that there were "rumors" or "reports" of direct sales of tier tree ships like the Yamato on the Chinese server, which was (apparently) less well regulated and was regarded as the "Wild West" (seems like it should have been the "Wild East") of WOWs servers.....

Members
894 posts
8,024 battles
20 minutes ago, Lert said:

I was further thinking about your post and a measure of the degree of power creep we see in this game is that you did not include the Kutuzov in your listing of super-desirable ships......remember when that was considered "God-Tier" level commensurate with these other listed ships?

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,963 posts
5,814 battles

My Iwaki Alpha can be yours for the low low price of £100,000 GBP. Deposit your money into my Nigerian back account and get yourself a hyper rare ship far more mythical than a mere Missouri. 1 careful owner. Well maintained. low mileage. Comes with screaming anime waifu captain.

• Funny 3

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,564 posts
17,892 battles
31 minutes ago, DJC_499 said:

I was further thinking about your post and a measure of the degree of power creep we see in this game is that you did not include the Kutuzov in your listing of super-desirable ships......remember when that was considered "God-Tier" level commensurate with these other listed ships?

Yes, it was either a subtle comment on the state of power creep, or that fact that I just woke up, my brain wasn't fully firing on all cylinders yet and I just wrote down a few ships that came to mind instead of carefully listing all the ones that were removed from sale.

either or.

• Funny 1

[O_O]
Members
6,268 posts
14,593 battles
32 minutes ago, DJC_499 said:

I would still consider Kutuzov to be very strong.  Plenty of smoke coupled with accurate, flat trajectories and good ROF equals lots of Arsonist achievements.  And, it's fun when CV's try to hunt me down.

• Cool 1

Members
894 posts
8,024 battles
59 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

My Iwaki Alpha can be yours for the low low price of £100,000 GBP. Deposit your money into my Nigerian back account and get yourself a hyper rare ship far more mythical than a mere Missouri. 1 careful owner. Well maintained. low mileage. Comes with screaming anime waifu captain.

If you need any assistance with the Nigerian deposit I have become a close electronic friend to a Prince in that country with whom I frequently correspond and who I am sure would be glad to offer his help.

Members
894 posts
8,024 battles
27 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I would still consider Kutuzov to be very strong.  Plenty of smoke coupled with accurate, flat trajectories and good ROF equals lots of Arsonist achievements.  And, it's fun when CV's try to hunt me down.

I frequent play mine in Coop matches and routinely get a question as to what ship is this and where do they get this. It is one ship I love to up-tiered in as one gets so many more XP point upon burning down a GK and opposed to a Nagato.....

[BUOY]
Members
832 posts
13,321 battles
2 hours ago, DJC_499 said:

I recall when I first joined this game about 3 years ago that there were "rumors" or "reports" of direct sales of tier tree ships like the Yamato on the Chinese server, which was (apparently) less well regulated and was regarded as the "Wild West" (seems like it should have been the "Wild East") of WOWs servers.....

On the Chinese server the three 'Asian' camos give (or gave maybe) stupid combat bonuses like -20% concealment / +20% dispersion and such in addition to their eco bonuses all for the low low dubs price of 500/750 per game. They're also still running RTS CV's because of shenanigans like the above and swiping / releasing ships like the Tone unauthorized.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this