You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Zaydin

These German CV containers suck, AKA WG got greedy

52 comments in this topic

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,657 posts
11,080 battles

Title. It should come as no surprise that this is a vent thread; I've opened practically every free German CV container you can earn save for one in the last set of directives that requires either 25 captured/assisted in capture ribbons or earning 30 achievements. I've completed all those weekend mission chains that rewards the containers.

I have not gotten a single early access mission. I don't know what the drop chance is for the in the free containers, but it is absurdly low, all likely in an attempt by WG to push players into becoming gambling addicts paying for overpriced 'premium' loot boxes. Five dollars just for one lootbox? Not in a million years, WG.

Adding to my frustration is that my poor luck has made it impossible to earn the Iron Cross perma camos for any of the German carriers, since the last step on those requires you to actually have the CV and that I can't even earn enough tokens to buy one of the Iron Cross perma camos for one of the tier 10 German ships unless I pay up for one of those overpriced mission chains at 30 bucks or gamble on premium lootboxes.

The tl;dr is that people, WG is getting extremely greedy these days and people need to stop rewarding their greed and stop buying lootboxes. Hitting their bottom line is the only thing that might get them to change their ways.

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 4

[TBB]
Members
377 posts
3,535 battles
4 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Title. It should come as no surprise that this is a vent thread; I've opened practically every free German CV container you can earn save for one in the last set of directives that requires either 25 captured/assisted in capture ribbons or earning 30 achievements. I've completed all those weekend mission chains that rewards the containers.

I have not gotten a single early access mission. I don't know what the drop chance is for the in the free containers, but it is absurdly low, all likely in an attempt by WG to push players into becoming gambling addicts paying for overpriced 'premium' loot boxes. Five dollars just for one lootbox? Not in a million years, WG.

Adding to my frustration is that my poor luck has made it impossible to earn the Iron Cross perma camos for any of the German carriers, since the last step on those requires you to actually have the CV and that I can't even earn enough tokens to buy one of the Iron Cross perma camos for one of the tier 10 German ships unless I pay up for one of those overpriced mission chains at 30 bucks or gamble on premium lootboxes.

The tl;dr is that people, WG is getting extremely greedy these days and people need to stop rewarding their greed and stop buying lootboxes. Hitting their bottom line is the only thing that might get them to change their ways.

I got 1, the Tier 4. I dropped ~$20 for the premium containers and got the Weser. You're going to be able to get them soon enough so you shouldn't sweat something like this m8

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,657 posts
11,080 battles
3 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

I got 1, the Tier 4. I dropped ~$20 for the premium containers and got the Weser. You're going to be able to get them soon enough so you shouldn't sweat something like this m8

I'm agitated because it makes it feel like this whole event was nothing but a massive waste of time for me given that I don't have enough tokens to buy anything useful, I.E one of the tier 10 perma camos. It feels like working on those mission chains for the perma camos for the tier 4, 6 and 8 was a waste of time because I can't finish them unless I pay up.

• Cool 2

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,627 posts

I can say I'm on your side of the fence on this complaint. 

15 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Mind you though, don't be irritated with me when I tell you, many of us have said almost the same thing for YEARS now. 

The entire game, really, is simply not that much fun any longer. It's seriously grating on me these days. I've said in my own and other threads, the whole German CV "campaign" was a steaming pile of poodoo. 

Instead of getting people involved with a bit more generous drop of the first two tiers (4 & 6) a lot of folks get nothing, a few of us get one, the T4. 

You know how inane it is to get a carrier that is completely useless in any of the other campaign missions/goals? Useless. Tier 5 and up at the lowest. Tier 5. So their logic was: 

They'll spend bucks to buy things for a chance to grind things? Really? Comrade, you're a genius. Here, have a donut. 

• Cool 5

[BB35]
Members
267 posts

Don't feel bad. I"m in the same situation.

Bright side is, everyone says the German T4, T6 and T8 are absolutely garbage. Everyone I've fought against in Randoms, all you have to do is slightly angle and the AP rockets just don't do damage. Normal rocket planes from other nations do a lot more damage than these AP rockets.

Heck, the CV can't protect itself from a DD. They really don't have any secondaries and the AP rockets do nothing to the DD. The only solution is to try to torp them. (A CV torping a DD is rather rare.)

[UMP]
Members
264 posts
4,651 battles

You shouldn't be surprised when WG acts like a fat kid at a cake party. They have been and continue to be one of the most greedy companies I've seen. They give EA a run for its money.

It can be annoying but so long as it doesn't change the core gameplay or turn play to win, it's whatever.

If it helps, the KM CV's are absolute garbage so you're not missing out on anything.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[L-H]
Members
22 posts
18,567 battles

Same.  I went in knowing I would not get a CV mission.  So I am just using the tokens to stock up on signals.  Not one dime from me to buy crates.:cap_tea:

[PIMPS]
Members
1,243 posts

So peeps bought containers for ships that will be added to tech tree next patch and now complain because they can't get good drops on future tech tree ships?\

835b2b1227522dc6467761fb904d1a34--jackie

Definitely a first world problem.

• Cool 4

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,657 posts
11,080 battles
Just now, Chain_shot said:

So peeps bought containers for ships that will be added to tech tree next patch and now complain because they can't get good drops on future tech tree ships?\

835b2b1227522dc6467761fb904d1a34--jackie

Definitely a first world problem.

Are you illiterate? I specifically said the FREE containers you EARN. I have gotten zero tangible rewards from them. Even as frustrated as I was by the RU Cruiser token nonsense, I at least got the Mikoyan out of it even if I don't play it much.

I do not intend on spending any money on WGs overpriced gambling schemes.

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,657 posts
11,080 battles
1 hour ago, AVR_Project said:

I don't see where someone can 'buy' a mission.  Let me look again.

You can buy mission chains for German cruisers, destroyers or battleships that cost like 7500 doubloons that rewards a large chunk of German Tokens that you can use to buy the Iron Cross Perma camos for tier 10 German ships.

The only way you can get enough tokens to get a perma camo is either getting all the carriers from lootboxes AND owning the Graf Zeppelin to complete the token missions tied to them or you shell out 7500 doubloons up to three times per mission.

[PIMPS]
Members
1,243 posts
2 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Are you illiterate? I specifically said the FREE containers you EARN. I have gotten zero tangible rewards from them. Even as frustrated as I was by the RU Cruiser token nonsense, I at least got the Mikoyan out of it even if I don't play it much.

Yeah so you did not get anything from the free containers- privileged much? Does you need a tissue for ones issue?

Edited by Chain_shot
  • Cool 2
  • Meh 7

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,657 posts
11,080 battles
Just now, Chain_shot said:

Yeah so you did not get anything from the free containers- privileged much?

Ah, so you're just a troll, got it.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
364 posts
14,137 battles
2 hours ago, Zaydin said:

Honestly I would have the boxes to the previous system 

[GWG]
Members
6,758 posts
12,935 battles
6 hours ago, Zaydin said:

You can buy mission chains for German cruisers, destroyers or battleships that cost like 7500 doubloons that rewards a large chunk of German Tokens that you can use to buy the Iron Cross Perma camos for tier 10 German ships.

The only way you can get enough tokens to get a perma camo is either getting all the carriers from lootboxes AND owning the Graf Zeppelin to complete the token missions tied to them or you shell out 7500 doubloons up to three times per mission.

I see.  It's a 'special' $35 mission for a special camo.  I can buy regular T10 camo for $25 and I don't have to work for it.

Since there is no rational way to get the carriers without paying for chances, I guess I'll just save my Free XP and get them that way.

Now, if I could buy THOSE CV missions, I might be inclined to spend a little.

[4HIM]
Members
2,959 posts
11,582 battles

Agree it's nonsensical.  No credible way of earning enough tokens for one of the camos.  Yes, it's possible, but the odds against it are akin to winning the lotto 4 times in a row.  Plus you'd have to own the GZ.  Tasks aren't that difficult.  I did get the T4 port queen.  But I don't play CVncer, so it will mostly sit in port unless it gets a snowflake to knock off (unlikely since it's T4).  I've been receiving the tokens without having to do anything but normal play.  But the event itself I'll agree is junk given the inability to earn one of the camos.  

[O_O]
Members
6,268 posts
14,593 battles
9 hours ago, Zaydin said:

Getting the German CV early access missions is based on RNG luck, just like previous early line releases.  Sometimes you get one or more, sometimes you don't.  I have gotten the Tier 4 and Tier 6 so far from free containers only (I don't buy early access crates).  Typically I get one or two of the early release ships, so for me this event has been on par with previous events.

I'm sorry you haven't had any luck, but your result does not necessarily mean WG nerfed the chances of getting an early access ship.  No one knows what those chances are.

Even with the two CV's I got, I am sitting at only 450 tokens.  I don't see any way to earn one of the perma-camos, so those are certainly the carrot dangled in front of the wallet carrying horse.  This horse has no interest in spending that much for the darned carrot.

Edited by desmo_2

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,627 posts
18 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Getting the German CV early access missions is based on RNG luck, just like previous early line releases.  Sometimes you get one or more, sometimes you don't.  I have gotten the Tier 4 and Tier 6 so far from free containers only (I don't buy early access crates).  Typically I get one or two of the early release ships, so for me this event has been on par with previous events.

I'm sorry you haven't had any luck, but your result does not necessarily mean WG nerfed the chances of getting an early access ship.  No one knows what those chances are.

Even with the two CV's I got, I am sitting at only 450 tokens.  I don't see any way to earn one of the perma-camos, so those are certainly the carrot dangled in front of the wallet carrying horse.  This horse has no interest in spending that much for the darned carrot.

The only permanent camos I'd be after in this event belong to the carriers. It's clear those for other ships are ahem... purchasable in roundabout ways... but I'm just a tightwad when it comes to event perma-camos. I won't buy what I can grind. 

For me the event was my favorite word of the month, poodoo. Same as the T4 CV. Oh they made "some" coins in this event, no doubt. But you just can help to wonder how much they could have made. 

If they want to make money, makes a whole lot more sense to equate the time required to grind to doubloons - or real coins via the premium shop, so the grinder feels "alright man!" when he see the camo he had to grind for was valued in real life coinage. 

Doing it this way, trolling it out randomly? Clearly a lot of money never even made it to the table, let alone being left on the table. 

Put another way - have you looked at premium ship costs these days? THREE DIGITS? Cripes' sake... I about passed out back in the day when Tirpitz was $50! 

Congrats to you for having adequate wallet control; many, many do not. Maybe they can just redo how they release these things. Make it clear they seek our cash for these pixel things "of a limited quantity". And sell, sell, sell. 

[WWJWD]
Beta Testers
162 posts
8,161 battles

The entire event was predicated on 2 "exciting" things:  Early Access to the KM CVs and the tier 10 camos.  There is no way to guarantee access to the CVs as it's all based on RNG and there's no way to get enough tokens for the camos without buying things.

So how was this exciting again?  Oh wait, it was free which means I can't think the event was crap without my "privilege" showing.

BTW, I got the Tier 4 CV.  @Zaydin I'd give it to you if I could.

• Boring 1

[STW-N]
Members
3,913 posts
9,021 battles

Didn't get a single mission in at least 20 containers

But frankly, I didn't care about this event anyways

And I don't care to gamble via containers for them

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
652 posts
6,083 battles
20 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

The only permanent camos I'd be after in this event belong to the carriers. It's clear those for other ships are ahem... purchasable in roundabout ways... but I'm just a tightwad when it comes to event perma-camos. I won't buy what I can grind. 

For me the event was my favorite word of the month, poodoo. Same as the T4 CV. Oh they made "some" coins in this event, no doubt. But you just can help to wonder how much they could have made. 

If they want to make money, makes a whole lot more sense to equate the time required to grind to doubloons - or real coins via the premium shop, so the grinder feels "alright man!" when he see the camo he had to grind for was valued in real life coinage. 

Doing it this way, trolling it out randomly? Clearly a lot of money never even made it to the table, let alone being left on the table. 

Put another way - have you looked at premium ship costs these days? THREE DIGITS? Cripes' sake... I about passed out back in the day when Tirpitz was $50! 

Congrats to you for having adequate wallet control; many, many do not. Maybe they can just redo how they release these things. Make it clear they seek our cash for these pixel things "of a limited quantity". And sell, sell, sell. 

Tbh, I probably would have spent a lot more in this game than I already do if it hadn't been for the fact that I see my Lionel train collection every day by my desk.  At $80 for each boxcar, yeah.  First world problems and all that.  With WG's recent releases, first California,  and now Littorio, I can say that  Lionel has been winning that argument as of late.

Lord have mercy.  I never thought that I would see the day when buying from the Lionel Corporation was considered a bargain.

Edited by Ann_Darrow
  • Cool 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,400 posts
6,232 battles

you are not losing much fun though,the tier 4 and 6 sucks HARD(i only have those 2).

i don't even need to see how the tier8 fares,i think graf zep is still the best german cv you can get currently.

[-K-]
Members
8,162 posts
13,463 battles
8 hours ago, Zaydin said:

And?

You paid nothing to get nothing.  You're no worse off than you were before.

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,181 posts
5,940 battles

I suppose I've opened all available except for last 4, which i should get through with tonight, if I can make myself slog through co-Op and knock out some frags..  I have unlocked the T4 & T6 CVs and their respective camos.  Saddest thing about this for me is going to be if I can't get the T8 in one of these last crates I cannot manage enough tokens to get the T10 Perma-Camo. Which IMO was the real prize for this event.    I guess I need to research this.. is there any other way to get German tokens?  Browsed through the premium shop and didn't see anything?   Maybe I missed something?    

• Cool 1