You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Meta_Man

Destroyers Drive by deletion video

10 comments in this topic

[META_]
Members
1,829 posts
18,948 battles

Hello captains, this is just a fun video and showing the awesome power destroyers have . I consider destroyers like the boogieman , we can be behind any island at any time . My youtube channel is Meta_Man2002 please subscribe if you enjoy the video , I have many reviews and strategy videos on my channel. Have  a great night.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts

I wonder how many people will notice your setup, specifically the use of RDF? Some nice torping in there. GJ. 

[META_]
Members
1,829 posts
18,948 battles
3 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I wonder how many people will notice your setup, specifically the use of RDF? Some nice torping in there. GJ. 

Thanks, I  keep forgetting to add captains builds to my videos. Speed makes such a difference in being able to get to these positions , people can say I get there sometimes. I almost get to these positions every game with the French . Not bragging just we underestimate what speed creates for you.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts

I'd agree... but there's a solid amount of timing involved. It's not enough to round the island. You got to ensure you'll be in premium launch position, able to track out of the target area safely if so desire. When it looks easy it isn't. 

• Cool 1

[META_]
Members
1,829 posts
18,948 battles
7 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I'd agree... but there's a solid amount of timing involved. It's not enough to round the island. You got to ensure you'll be in premium launch position, able to track out of the target area safely if so desire. When it looks easy it isn't. 

😉

[META_]
Members
2,282 posts
7,823 battles

I played for almost 4 years without using RDF on anything, much less a DD. Watched a couple of Meta_man's videos about the French DDs, and feel it's essential if you are going to play them aggressively.

The only downside so far is when you speed around an island and there are 2 or 3 of the nassy red boats waiting for you, and you only counted on one... owie!! 

Good  news is even then, you can go down in a blaze of glory rather than hiding in smoke away from the battle, whimpering.

The guy sleeping on the boat, that seemed irritated, was hilarious... 

spud

[META_]
Members
1,829 posts
18,948 battles
3 hours ago, Spud_butt said:

I played for almost 4 years without using RDF on anything, much less a DD. Watched a couple of Meta_man's videos about the French DDs, and feel it's essential if you are going to play them aggressively.

The only downside so far is when you speed around an island and there are 2 or 3 of the nassy red boats waiting for you, and you only counted on one... owie!! 

Good  news is even then, you can go down in a blaze of glory rather than hiding in smoke away from the battle, whimpering.

The guy sleeping on the boat, that seemed irritated, was hilarious... 

spud

I'd rather go down early with a kill or 2 and a cap or 2

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,322 posts
12,949 battles
On 7/28/2020 at 8:52 PM, Meta_Man said:

Hello captains, this is just a fun video and showing the awesome power destroyers have . I consider destroyers like the boogieman , we can be behind any island at any time . My youtube channel is Meta_Man2002 please subscribe if you enjoy the video , I have many reviews and strategy videos on my channel. Have  a great night.

Nice channel. Where did you get the airbase attack footage from?

[META_]
Members
1,829 posts
18,948 battles
19 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Nice channel. Where did you get the airbase attack footage from?

Thanks. I can't remember where I got it from. I'd love to see some of your Atlanta gameplay , truly.  She is a guilty pleasure of mine and do above average in kills but cant get her to win....any video suggestions or tips would be appreciated. 

Edited by Meta_Man

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,322 posts
12,949 battles
On 9/15/2020 at 3:32 PM, Meta_Man said:

Thanks. I can't remember where I got it from. I'd love to see some of your Atlanta gameplay , truly.  She is a guilty pleasure of mine and do above average in kills but cant get her to win....any video suggestions or tips would be appreciated. 

Unfortunately work and seasonal missions have really gotten in the way of me playing her as of late. What I can say is, after the IFHE nerf, use AP and use it allot: I don't have any replays.

1) AP: use it Against anything not a CL or DD that presents even a sliver of angle. Atlanta AP will eat up and through BB secondaries on ships like Mass and Bismarck. not to mention, pens, and over pens always do damage.

2) help sinks the other teams dds. That means chasing your team's DDs and communicating with them very firmly. Because most teams BBs will play considerably more passive, the moment they loose out on the DD mini-game. Passive BBs equate to more vulnerable cruisers which amounts to more sunk red ships.

3) use radar when it benefits your flank, not particularly yourself. Use it against everybody; especially ships hiding behind islands. Hydro works well with Atlanta too, but DFAA still helps with her nerfed AA performance.

4) Also! keep an eye out for German Fighters and IJN/Enterprise DBs. Atlanta fares very poorly if she's caught out by those buggers; especially when terrain blocks AA.

5) Don't chase, unless or even if it's within 7km, Atlanta's gunnery fares very poorly against fleeing targets; Atlanta's like a cat, she specializes in pouncing on smaller ships.

6) Don't slug it out with enemy Light Cruisers. They have longer range and bigger and more efficient AP and HE; not even Omaha. The only exception to this rule is RN CLs. RN Cls cannot overmatch Atlanta's bow, so nose or stern in to them and spam them down with HE if angled, AP if presented the opportunity.

7) Don't try to use the torpedoes unless your already at an angle and or the enemy is coming from behind an island or smoke screen, coming towards you.

8) Shoot at what you can hit, but shoot at what everyone is shooting at.

9) Play patiently, I notice you play allot of DDs. Atlanta looks like a DD, but she ain't. She requires allot of patience and calculation; like chess.

10) Avoid fights with Japanese gunboats, MN and VMF DDs. Their ballistics and ship speed, not only allows them  to engage you outside of your effective range; it allows them to draw you out of position and or burn you down.

11) Stay Away from CAs like the plague. 180mm+ guns over match Atlanta's bow and stern as if they're 460s; and unlike most 380+ BB caliber guns that will overpen your citadel, 180mm+ plus guns will pen Atlanta from all angles and range.

12) RN BB HE from KGV+ can and will HE Citadel you, so watch out.

13) when exposed, and exposed you shall, tank with your front or back turrets to buy you time. Turrets are great for absorbing medium caliber HE and especially AP rounds. Do note, turret tanking is about to receive a huge nerf in the near future.

Atlanta is one of the most selfless and methodical ships in the game. She requires thought, and calculation of not just the enemy team but your team. Follow your DDs but don't Follow them everywhere. On big maps like Mountain Range and Atlantic, this is double true and there is no clear answer for you. Try to survive.

14) Turret dance, the same trait from Omaha carries over to Atlanta with her wing turrets. You can turret dance for 8 guns when chasing a DD or ship that may have dropped torpedoes on you. Atlanta is one of the most narrow cruisers in her bracket; take advantage of it.

15) With the changes to MM, AFT is almost a requirement for larger maps like Atlantic and Trap. Mountain Range, not having AFT is a death sentence.

17) Last but not least: SAP. There is no munition that eats Atlanta's health more maliciously than that stuff. To make matters worse, RM Cruisers are very fast, and have very long range torps that you have to be mindful of. They can also smoke up and escape at any hint of a disadvantage. Good news is that most RM cruisers have an 8km smoke firing penalty. But Atlanta's radar range is only 8.49km.

Just my experiences with that boat, but I appreciate you asking. There are other ways to play Atlanta, but that's what I found works for me. Hopefully that helps: peace.

Edited by Crokodone
  • Cool 1