You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Shrayes_Bhagavatula

Making Tier V Japanese DDs suffer

19 comments in this topic

Members
778 posts
3,872 battles

Hello all!

Before I start, I'd just like to make one thing clear: I'm not a lolicon. I'm just frustrated at the number of times in the past week my mid-tier games have been lost because of the fact that people refuse to deal with those pesky Tier V Japanese DDs: The Minekaze, the Mutsuki, the Kamikaze / Kamikaze R, and the Fujin. I've lost so many games because of these little [ REDACTED ] that I've decided to relieve myself of the pain of dealing with them by taking 8 of them into a training room and shoving them up with more than a few 5.5" French HE rounds and 550mm torps.

( For those of you wondering, I finally finished the French DD grind and unlocked the Klebér. I have a 15 point captain on it and I am saving credits to get the 6th slot upgrade )

2086617516_Screenshot(21).thumb.png.9c4e45b519a2056afbf55a3d3155572e.png

439085253_Screenshot(22).thumb.png.e67a627b93f0427727d7dc529a867c68.png

So, if you happen to be driving any of the Tier V Japanese Destroyers, and I happen to be on the enemy team in that match ( usually the USS Monaghan, with the A hull plus a BFT + AR build ), well, let's just say that you've had it, one way or another.

And I'm sorry if this post offends anyone in any way whatsoever. This is not me being sadistic, this is me venting my frustration.

Well, I hope you all have a good day. The next edition of The Weekly Review will be coming soon, with either the Monaghan, the Edinburgh, or the Kleber being the main feature.

-Shrayes

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,706 posts
19,604 battles
1 hour ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

Hello all!

Before I start, I'd just like to make one thing clear: I'm not a lolicon. I'm just frustrated at the number of times in the past week my mid-tier games have been lost because of the fact that people refuse to deal with those pesky Tier V Japanese DDs: The Minekaze, the Mutsuki, the Kamikaze / Kamikaze R, and the Fujin. I've lost so many games because of these little [ REDACTED ] that I've decided to relieve myself of the pain of dealing with them by taking 8 of them into a training room and shoving them up with more than a few 5.5" French HE rounds and 550mm torps.

( For those of you wondering, I finally finished the French DD grind and unlocked the Klebér. I have a 15 point captain on it and I am saving credits to get the 6th slot upgrade )

2086617516_Screenshot(21).thumb.png.9c4e45b519a2056afbf55a3d3155572e.png

439085253_Screenshot(22).thumb.png.e67a627b93f0427727d7dc529a867c68.png

So, if you happen to be driving any of the Tier V Japanese Destroyers, and I happen to be on the enemy team in that match ( usually the USS Monaghan, with the A hull plus a BFT + AR build ), well, let's just say that you've had it, one way or another.

And I'm sorry if this post offends anyone in any way whatsoever. This is not me being sadistic, this is me venting my frustration.

Well, I hope you all have a good day. The next edition of The Weekly Review will be coming soon, with either the Monaghan, the Edinburgh, or the Kleber being the main feature.

-Shrayes

Pick the time and place bro.....

I'll 1 v 1 you any day.

Kamikaze R , Fujin or Kamikaze got all 3.....

But I have to warn you my kill record is in a Kamikaze R...

Members
778 posts
3,872 battles
33 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Pick the time and place bro.....

I'll 1 v 1 you any day.

Kamikaze R , Fujin or Kamikaze got all 3.....

But I have to warn you my kill record is in a Kamikaze R...

What do you want me to bring, a Nicholas?

Because I'll gladly do it. Torpedo boats have nothing on the best Tier V DD ( plus, I transfer my Monaghan captain to my Nicholas as well, which means 15K HP + 3.6 second reload AND adrenaline rush with a 5.8km detection radius)

-Shrayes

Edit: I hate torpedo boats. HATE, HATE, HATE. SO. DANG. ANNOYING!!!!!!1!!!!!1!1

Edited by Shrayes_Bhagavatula

Members
142 posts
6,534 battles
28 minutes ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

Edit: I hate torpedo boats. HATE, HATE, HATE. SO. DANG. ANNOYING!!!!!!1!!!!!1!1

It sounds like you might have some anger problems. Torpedo boats are so easy to counter

Members
778 posts
3,872 battles
10 minutes ago, CptRemy said:

It sounds like you might have some anger problems. Torpedo boats are so easy to counter

Actually, I do. I just haven't had time for therapy and I've resorted to meditation and drinking tea for the time being. Yes, torpedo boats are easy to counter, but they frustrate me to no end.

-Shrayes

• Funny 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,436 posts
18,541 battles

The Monaghan is a piece of junk; you'd be better off in a Nicholas, but go ahead and bring it anyways. I'll wave at you while you climb into your lifeboat.

• Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[INTEL]
Members
12,484 posts
34,658 battles

Take Okhotnik. 7 guns solve all your problems

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,493 posts
20,247 battles

Just play the match and post the results for posterior's sake...

Members
778 posts
3,872 battles
6 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Just play the match and post the results for posterior's sake...

Maybe tomorrow or the day after. Unless Sunday is open.

Also, I've been looking for a gratutious excuse to go all in with my Kleber, and I'm thinking I might find it here.

( No, this does not mean that this post was a good ole bait n' switch, I'm being serious )

-Shrayes

[TRU]
Members
516 posts
15,677 battles
8 hours ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

Maybe tomorrow or the day after. Unless Sunday is open.

Also, I've been looking for a gratutious excuse to go all in with my Kleber, and I'm thinking I might find it here.

( No, this does not mean that this post was a good ole bait n' switch, I'm being serious )

-Shrayes

Here I thought Japanese DDs at all tiers were not able to operate due to CVs.

Actually, now that I finally got the Kamikaze, I know the definition of non-existant AA.  Especially when there are two red CVs.  But it does feel great to catch the CVs off guard and wreck them.  

And I also agree.....post the battle results!  You may want to agree on more parameters to avoid any "reasoning" after the battle.  

Members
101 posts
10,439 battles
12 hours ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

Did the OP just threaten me? :cap_wander:

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
18,825 posts
13,119 battles
13 hours ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

I'm just frustrated at the number of times in the past week my mid-tier games have been lost because of the fact that people refuse to deal with those pesky Tier V Japanese DDs

"Oh, it's just a Minekaze/Mutsuki/whatever."

Yeah, that attitude is a great way to end up with a half-dozen torpedoes in a place you don't want them. And anyone who ignores one of the Kami sisters is being just plain old tactically DUMB. The drivers of those things are far more likely than not to have long experience and be very dangerous. Thus they are priority targets, whoever they may be. If you want to increase your team's chances of winning, suffer not a red Kami to live.

13 hours ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

What's it they say? If you want something done, do it yourself... :cap_like:

• Cool 2

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,400 posts
6,232 battles

take okhotnik and crapall over the competition.

[WOLF7]
Members
93 posts
4,253 battles

Tier 5 DD? Lol, I had to hunt them once in my QE because I was the only ship close enough to stop them from capping our base. I laughed as I swung the rudder hard left and hard right and the wave of badly aimed torps sailing harmlessly away from me. Turns out, there was TWO hiding in the smoke and the Kamikaze sank me with his torpedoes but not after I sank the other DD and blapped off most of the Kamikaze's health.

But yeah, it was frustrating that our cruisers and destroyers allowed two destroyers to cap our base.

[DW-62]
Beta Testers
84 posts
964 battles

Those poor 8km torp launchers with 6km detection (the minekazi have it even worse)...that 2km really don't give them much to work with and as soon as they're detected, it's a bad day for them. Concealment is about all that's going for them, and once they don't have that by doing something that'll actually impact the game...whelp! 

[STNUC]
Members
5 posts
1,311 battles

I love my T5 IJN DDs, they're a blast. They might be the most fun ships in the game for me.

I wish I'd been one of the ones frustrating you!

Without losing, winning isn't any fun.

• Boring 1

Members
778 posts
3,872 battles
8 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

take okhotnik and crapall over the competition.

Nicholas is actually better. It only has four guns, yes, but it reloads over twice as fast and has more usable torpedoes, not to mention that amazing USN smokescreen. Also, did I mention that it eats up Tier IV planes?

-Shrayes

Members
852 posts
9,620 battles

My Tier V destroyers have been among my most-enjoyed ships: Mutsuki, Acasta, Jianwei...  Unfortunately with the recent increase to excessive levels of CV presence at that tier, they are not quite so much fun.  :Smile_sad: