You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Meta_Man

Wows a social experiment

20 comments in this topic

[META_]
Members
704 posts
15,133 battles

Hello captains, I wanted to start a different kind of challenge. We all see the anti this or nerf that constant posts... Kinda a social experiment. Instead of being negative in chat when we definitely could almost every game let's try something different... Try to at least once a game point out something positive in chat to someone doing the right things. Bite your negative tong and stay positive for a day or 2... See if you feel better, when I stay positive good things happen.. When I'm negative it's like a self fulfilling prophecy.... Try it in posting here also.... Give it a try. 

• Cool 4
  • Meh 2

[SALVO]
Members
24,228 posts
24,554 battles
1 hour ago, Meta_Man said:

Hello captains, I wanted to start a different kind of challenge. We all see the anti this or nerf that constant posts... Kinda a social experiment. Instead of being negative in chat when we definitely could almost every game let's try something different... Try to at least once a game point out something positive in chat to someone doing the right things. Bite your negative tong and stay positive for a day or 2... See if you feel better, when I stay positive good things happen.. When I'm negative it's like a self fulfilling prophecy.... Try it in posting here also.... Give it a try. 

I don't believe in the concept of "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all".   In fact, I find the very idea to be grossly offensive.  So, to your idea I say "hell no!"

• Meh 2

[META_]
Members
704 posts
15,133 battles

Lol, we got some grumpy captains here.. Turn that frown upside down cappy🤪😜😉

Members
323 posts
23,058 battles

we try hard not to spam unnecessary messages in battles due to the fact the chat box is always in the way  ...blocks your sight sometimes when you need to take the shot...or finding the torps on your left ....besides that many people in a battle doing that ,you would have a whole sickening conversation...less talk more concentration got to be in a zone to play this game good..your suggestion doesnt work for me 

[META_]
Members
704 posts
15,133 battles
7 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

They did not Yolo, they took the enemy fire for us... :Smile_trollface:

lol, love it,,,,,my point is try being more positive,,,,,so much negativity in this forum and game,,,if I hated or had to complain all the time I would quit. I love the challenges,,I know what I am good at and know what I am average at.

Members
2,893 posts
5,569 battles

I have actually found that this is one of the most important things in Ranked if you're not a team-carrying unicum. I mean, encouragement would not have helped one team I had today, where all three of our battleships huddled around behind an island literally the whole match and our Akizuki sat by his lonesome in the middle of the map shooting at everything until he was euthanized. But on teams of average players or in close games, sometimes some encouragement seems to make a difference in my experience.

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,171 posts

And while we're at it, we could invite the other team over to our cap and talk out our differences peacefully while making s'mores and singing kumbaya. And WoWs definitely should convert all the ships to hybrids, and we need to stop using hydrocoustic search since it damages marine mammals. 

[META_]
Members
704 posts
15,133 battles
5 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I have actually found that this is one of the most important things in Ranked if you're not a team-carrying unicum. I mean, encouragement would not have helped one team I had today, where all three of our battleships huddled around behind an island literally the whole match and our Akizuki sat by his lonesome in the middle of the map shooting at everything until he was euthanized. But on teams of average players or in close games, sometimes some encouragement seems to make a difference in my experience.

I hear ya, some games are rough. Heck some days are tough... But getting mad doesn't make it a better day... I post videos and put them on my YouTube channel Meta_man2002 but if I have rough games or things don't work out I could be down and out but I had fun... I played a game.... It feels good when we hear positive things about us..... End of the day I want myself and others to have fun and leave this game happier than when we got here. 

[META_]
Members
704 posts
15,133 battles
5 hours ago, Doombeagle said:

And while we're at it, we could invite the other team over to our cap and talk out our differences peacefully while making s'mores and singing kumbaya. And WoWs definitely should convert all the ships to hybrids, and we need to stop using hydrocoustic search since it damages marine mammals. 

Awesome post.... Don't get me wrong if you're on the red team I must try to crush you, lol. But so much hate about different game mechanics. So much hate about bad players.... We are all here trying to have fun.. And we all get the same kind of teammates eventually... Have a great day till you're on the red team, then I gotta crush your soul, 😂 🤣 😅 

Members
1,535 posts

OP: like your You Tube videos demonstrations but I do not fully follow on this one. This is a game totally driven by an aggressive commercial culture. I said aggressive and nope WG don't need to be that aggressive. WG ignore how to treat the NA server customers or they don't care. So, we enjoy the game as much as we can, learn as fast as we can, and criticize when and as needed, no offense to anybody. Some of us spend heavily in WoWS (premium ships and accounts). When I like a premium ship that is trashed in the Forum I provide my honest and humble opinion, not to be nice to WG but to be fair to others. I can't do more and if something has to be corrected in the meta, I'll say it. We understand that the Staff and Devs are not responsible of this aggressive commercial culture...and they listen, more than we think...

Edited by loco_max

[META_]
Members
704 posts
15,133 battles
58 minutes ago, loco_max said:

OP: like your You Tube videos demonstrations but I do not fully follow on this one. This is a game totally driven by an aggressive commercial culture. I said aggressive and nope WG don't need to be that aggressive. WG ignore how to treat the NA server customers or they don't care. So, we enjoy the game as much as we can, learn as fast as we can, and criticize when and as needed, no offense to anybody. Some of us spend heavily in WoWS (premium ships and accounts). When I like a premium ship that is trashed in the Forum I provide my honest and humble opinion, not to be nice to WG but to be fair to others. I can't do more and if something has to be corrected in the meta, I'll say it. We understand that the Staff and Devs are not responsible of this aggressive commercial culture...and they listen, more than we think...

Do not get me wrong LOCO, I  get frustrated but think of it this way. when you are at work and you have a great day , do you get paid anymore?.....If you have a bad day at work do you get paid anymore?....I am not gonna be any better off being mad so I choose to have fun and help who I can with fun and instructional videos .My youtube channel  Meta_Man2002 is here to have fun and show people who struggle with some things how to look at the problem differently to get to the winning circle.

Members
1,535 posts
1 hour ago, Meta_Man said:

Do not get me wrong LOCO, I  get frustrated but think of it this way. when you are at work and you have a great day , do you get paid anymore?.....If you have a bad day at work do you get paid anymore?....I am not gonna be any better off being mad so I choose to have fun and help who I can with fun and instructional videos .My youtube channel  Meta_Man2002 is here to have fun and show people who struggle with some things how to look at the problem differently to get to the winning circle.

well, nope of course. Yet, sometimes you do have to use the chat in a way to influence the battle, so deploy and engage when everybody is clustered or somebody is running is needed. Of course if you use good manners is better, but sometimes it does not go out that well...

[RKLES]
Members
12,448 posts
14,182 battles
13 hours ago, Meta_Man said:

lol, love it,,,,,my point is try being more positive,,,,,so much negativity in this forum and game,,,if I hated or had to complain all the time I would quit. I love the challenges,,I know what I am good at and know what I am average at.

And I love the idea of being more positive as that is how I try to live my life by being positive. Although granted in reality I am only positive about 99% of the time as sometimes you simply have to give the bad news, or have to point out a flaw that will cause major problems if allowed to persist.

So if you went through all my forum posts you would find mostly positive comments as all my in game chat logs. But if there is a legitimate matter that requires a negative perspective to be mentioned on forum then I give thought if I really need to do so and if I feel the need for it then I post it. 

[META_]
Members
704 posts
15,133 battles
3 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

And I love the idea of being more positive as that is how I try to live my life by being positive. Although granted in reality I am only positive about 99% of the time as sometimes you simply have to give the bad news, or have to point out a flaw that will cause major problems if allowed to persist.

So if you went through all my forum posts you would find mostly positive comments as all my in game chat logs. But if there is a legitimate matter that requires a negative perspective to be mentioned on forum then I give thought if I really need to do so and if I feel the need for it then I post it. 

Good points admiral , I am not a Zen , I lose my cool.....like if you went through my posts and messages I am negative sometimes but you could see the 2 times I was negative I have had a couple players trolling me about my videos when they had not a leg to stand on , I am here having fun trying to spread what I have learned . I know what I do well and what I need more practice in.

• Cool 1

Members
257 posts
520 battles
19 hours ago, Meta_Man said:

I do it a lot, sometimes even giving the "Much obliged, Commander" to bots when they save me in battles.. But yikes, I think you opened the door to crankiness in this thread.

• Cool 1

[MIBR]
[MIBR]
Members
919 posts
19 hours ago, Meta_Man said:

:Smile_Default: That is the thing this community needs.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
947 posts
8,451 battles

I try to give out as many compliments as I do reports.  I try to offer constructive criticism rather than hate when I see inexperienced players doing grossly dumb stuff but some times, some games, you come across that one guy that really just needs a high five, in the face, with a chair.

[META_]
Members
704 posts
15,133 battles
23 hours ago, HallaSnackbar said:

I try to give out as many compliments as I do reports.  I try to offer constructive criticism rather than hate when I see inexperienced players doing grossly dumb stuff but some times, some games, you come across that one guy that really just needs a high five, in the face, with a chair.

LOL, hey... We try to be positive. Lol