Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
xalmgrey

We need more than randoms

33 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,008
[JEDI-]
Members
2,684 posts
6,902 battles

Seriously this game is years old and we still only have frustrating, stale, boring randoms.

I'm sick of events that come and go with new things to do. You guys show us something interesting and then rip it away.

Stop making disposable events and actually focus on giving us a new game mode.

I love this game but i loathe the 12v12 randoms. You guys have gutted scenarios to the point that there's only a few to do.

 

  • Cool 10
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
102
[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
334 posts
8,553 battles

Jutland mode, tiers 2-4 - no CVs, and a high chance of getting the Ocean map.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,008
[JEDI-]
Members
2,684 posts
6,902 battles
10 minutes ago, Geococcyx said:

Jutland mode, tiers 2-4 - no CVs, and a high chance of getting the Ocean map.

At this point that would be something.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,771
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,867 posts
25,982 battles
12 minutes ago, Geococcyx said:

Jutland mode, tiers 2-4 - no CVs, and a high chance of getting the Ocean map.

DDs would eat Battleships alive :Smile_veryhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
494
[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
595 posts
16,575 battles

I'd like them to do more Scenario's (Hear me out).

Something like actual battles, you get placed on one side or the other, and try to stop each other. If you die, you respawn in the next wave of ships. Once all the waves are depleted, the team that completed their objective wins.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
399
[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
804 posts
6,307 battles
19 minutes ago, Geococcyx said:

Jutland mode, tiers 2-4 - no CVs, and a high chance of getting the Ocean map.

I LIKE that idea.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
172
[CAP]
Members
442 posts
17,926 battles

I think a defend the base mode would be cool as well.  Just need maps that put the base behind a peninsula that forces attacks to get position / angle to attack the base of kill all the defenders

This could even be asymmetric such as defenders are only DDs and attackers are limited to 1 DD or no DDs.  CV only on the defending team and stuff like that.

Lots of ideas that could be designed and tested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,903
[RLGN]
Members
16,187 posts
28,076 battles
4 minutes ago, Im_the_Juggernaut_Beotch said:

Add a repair ship or a repair base at the diagonal corner of some maps.

lol

That floating dry dock North Carolina is in in the ‘server off line’ 404 screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
395
[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
584 posts
13,174 battles
13 minutes ago, Jitta77 said:

I think a defend the base mode would be cool as well.  Just need maps that put the base behind a peninsula that forces attacks to get position / angle to attack the base of kill all the defenders

This could even be asymmetric such as defenders are only DDs and attackers are limited to 1 DD or no DDs.  CV only on the defending team and stuff like that.

Lots of ideas that could be designed and tested.

They had  a base defense mode in Space battles a few years ago.  Attackers would respawn when killed.  I forget what defenders got, heal or something.  It was fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
980
[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,159 posts
8,955 battles

A deathmatch event would be cool. Also a flag capture. That is, you capture a flag in the center and you must bring it back to your base. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
7,122 posts
22,659 battles
1 hour ago, xalmgrey said:

Seriously this game is years old and we still only have frustrating, stale, boring randoms.

I'm sick of events that come and go with new things to do. You guys show us something interesting and then rip it away.

Stop making disposable events and actually focus on giving us a new game mode.

I love this game but i loathe the 12v12 randoms. You guys have gutted scenarios to the point that there's only a few to do.

 

agreed.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,928
[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,632 posts
16,345 battles

More scenarios please. Or just give us back the ones you took reee. Kthxbai. 

  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,478
[STW-N]
Members
4,217 posts
10,277 battles

You know, I think if WG gave back the ops they took away after the CV rework and then added in some tier 8-10 operations followed by premium ships that work well in those ops, I think they could make a lot of money.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,672
[SALVO]
Members
26,304 posts
30,281 battles
1 hour ago, Geococcyx said:

Jutland mode, tiers 2-4 - no CVs, and a high chance of getting the Ocean map.

Actually, any mode that's going to represent true WW1 naval warfare should be more like tiers 4 through 6, and with no CVs.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
600 posts
17,637 battles

For me, I'd be fine just upping the team sizes - especially if subs are coming.

It'd also help dilute the impact of divs and CVs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,672
[SALVO]
Members
26,304 posts
30,281 battles
Just now, Avenge_December_7 said:

You know, I think if WG gave back the ops they took away after the CV rework and then added in some tier 8-10 operations followed by premium ships that work well in those ops, I think they could make a lot of money.

I think that the problem with the ops that were removed is that they all had carriers or at least CV planes on the bot team.  And would require a considerable amount of additional development to produce proper bot AI. 

Alternatively, I suppose that some of the removed Operations could be "redeveloped" into not using any carriers or their planes on the bot team.  This wouldn't really be out of a "hatred" of bots so much as I think that it might just be easier to create carrier-less operations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,304 posts
26,945 battles

Also change up Random battles with 20  or  25 players per side with some night battles and able to use flare and flood-lights to spot targets....................................................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
390
[LSNB]
Members
1,713 posts
6,072 battles

There was someone here who proposed the idea of bringing clan battles to a strategic wargaming world domination level, where clan members work together to transport convoys.

I agree that it's been quite stale nowadays. Would've loved to play Space Battles again, and WG could collect more data from that new attack-defend game mode they were testing out anyway.

Edited by destawaits
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,935
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,324 posts
14,923 battles
1 hour ago, Geococcyx said:

Jutland mode, tiers 2-4 - no CVs, and a high chance of getting the Ocean map.

A hull for most BB's and then the Kongo could slip in too.

1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

DDs would eat Battleships alive :Smile_veryhappy:

With how short ranged secondaries are they could be an issue but with good DD/cruiser balance it would be all right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3 posts
3,169 battles
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

A hull for most BB's and then the Kongo could slip in too.

Just make tiers 5 and 6 have a Texel mode

 

 

just ignore the fact that dunkerque isn't ww1

Edited by Thetripleace3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46
[MHG]
Members
49 posts
13,844 battles
15 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I think that the problem with the ops that were removed is that they all had carriers or at least CV planes on the bot team.  And would require a considerable amount of additional development to produce proper bot AI. 

Alternatively, I suppose that some of the removed Operations could be "redeveloped" into not using any carriers or their planes on the bot team.  This wouldn't really be out of a "hatred" of bots so much as I think that it might just be easier to create carrier-less operations.

They could remove the aircraft entirely from The Ultimate frontier and it'd just be a timer like Newport without any major issues. But they don't.... because??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
368
[WOLF1]
Members
1,114 posts
2,160 battles

Taffy 3 mode: 3 escort carriers plus 6 DDs vs Yamato, 2 heavy cruisers, and couple Dds

 

knifefight time

Edited by Boomer625

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×