You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
tfcas119

Theory Crafting: Remaining Events For WoWs 2020

18 comments in this topic

[SUCIT]
Members
1,106 posts
17,895 battles

So I have been thinking a bit about how WG has done events in the past, and I thought "What do I think the rest of the year is going to look like?" Plus, maybe for fun, we could look back at this post and see how accurate I ended up being. KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS IS PURE SPECULATION AND DO NOT EXPECT THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN, SO TAKE ANYTHING BELOW WITH A PINCH OF SALT

Patch 9.7- German Carriers Part 2
   We already know what's coming this patch, which is next week (German Navy collection with alt camos/second flags for German ships, 3v3 T9 Ranked Sprint, most likely release of premiums Erich Lowenehardt and Pommern) so not much to look at here.

Patch 9.8- WG Anniversary

This patch would fall in early September and run through early October. The main part in this patch is the return of snowflakes, with T5-8 ships offering coal, T9 ships Gift containers (each contains 5 draconic flags) and T10 ships reward supercontainers.
       Also this patch marks the 5th anniversary of the game, and to celebrate, there will be a 5 Years World of Warships collection, with the main reward being a T7 Premium ship container and special flag, and each of the 4 individual segments rewards a T6 premium ship container. You can earn the parts of the collection by opening "5 years World of Warships collection"
       Complete the Directives for this patch to earn coal, port slots, 5 years World of Warships containers, and if you complete all 4 directives, a T6 premium ship container.

Any Information about this patch should be given out in a dev blog as early as this Thursday, July 30th, and if not,  then by this time next week we'll know

Patch 9.9- American Battleship Early Access and Halloween

This patch falls from Early October and runs through Early November. the main feature of this update is early access of American Battleships Kansas and Minnesota. Access to these ships will work similarly to how Soviet Cruisers EA works, although this time with a change- you will not be required to get the event arc perma camo for Kansas and Minnesota, you can choose which one you want. Speaking of those special camos, please if they looked sometihng like this

Spoiler

Old Ironsides goes out for a quick run around Boston Harbor ...

or maybe this

Spoiler

image.jpeg.6ac6d40b169952b88b86befdfdd1757c.jpeg

it would be cool (Vermont will have her own special camo too). However, like with the Soviet cruisers EA, the first bundle in the armory will be Premium T7 BB Florida. Once you have Florida, you could then choose whether you want the perma camos or Kansas and Minnesota, and the ending bundle will be the perma camo for Vermont. The tokens, called Tillman tokens (+1 if you get the reference) can be earned by earning American Containers, or through combat missions requiring US premiums Florida, Massachusetts (black version counts too) Alabama, and Georgia. American Containers can be earned through Directives, Twitch missions, and Daily Shipments. Completing all directives earns you the special camo for T7 Premium US BB Florida. If you collect all containers from daily shipments and directives, you will be 100% assured to get Florida.

Also this patch is Halloween. I'm not sure how they'll do Halloween this year, but I assume it will be similar to last year, and start about midway through the update.

Patch 9.10- American Battleships Part 2, Black Friday

American Battleships will become researchable this patch, as Halloween 2020 continues. Also this patch will be Black Friday 2020, which sees the return of previous Black ships, as well as 4 new ones, Georgia, Kidd (sorry in advance) Lenin, and Pyotr Bagration (sp)

Patch 9.11- Christmas and New Year

As with the last two years, Christmas snowflakes return, giving coal for T5-7 ships, steel for T8-9 ships, and Santa containers for T10 ships. Dockyard returns, with a format much like the Odin Dockyard, while completing directives earns you progress towards the dockyard and earns you a T6 or 7 premium ship (my thought on what the dockyard and Christmas ship will be will be discussed at another time)

• Cool 3

[WOLF6]
Members
561 posts
8,661 battles

The end of WW2 will have happened 75 years ago in a few weeks. Was hoping for a USS Missouri 45 or the like to commemorate the event.

Members
266 posts
520 battles

Max BB tokens? Speaking of which, why wasn't USS Virginia chosen for the new Tier 10?

[SALVO]
Members
3,431 posts
3,305 battles

Your post lacks pasta and marinara. Too early for new US BBs, not before next year.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
18,950 posts
13,161 battles
6 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Your post lacks pasta and marinara. Too early for new US BBs, not before next year.

But they have already announced this as the next big thing.

[SALVO]
Members
3,431 posts
3,305 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

But they have already announced this as the next big thing.

the next big thing in development... or the next big thing to be effective? I understood it was just entering development and who knows how much time it will take

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,222 posts
15,375 battles

End of year event is always the best event for me. 

I am Ready WG ....

Schmoney GIF

Members
521 posts
4,740 battles

Are we really thinking Pommern is coming next week? My interest is piqued. 

Members
4,075 posts
10,123 battles
7 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

the next big thing in development... or the next big thing to be effective? I understood it was just entering development and who knows how much time it will take

I read it as just entering development, but it would fit the patterns WG has established for line releases. In the past year plus, we’ve had a new cruiser line (Italian), two new destroyer lines (French and Pan EU), a new carrier line (German), and two tech tree splits (UK and RU CAs) since the last battleship line or split (the Russian BBs last May), so the next line to release should be a battleship. Lately they’ve also alternated between full and split lines - Italian cruisers (full line), UK CAs (split), Pan EU DDs (full), Soviet CAs (split), German CVs (full) - so the next line should be a split to follow.

The only currently in testing line that would fulfill both those criteria would be the US BB split. I’d agree that they seem too early in development to be early access in a few months, but it would be about the same time between the announcement of the RU split and the early access patch. The only other potential options for new lines would probably be Italian DDs and BBs and subs based on testing.

The Italians, as of what’s been announced, would only be in the proof of concept stage (assuming WG is using Impero’s smoke/SAP and Paolo Emilio to test their ideas for future tech tree lines), and subs likewise are still in earlier stages since WG has only announced three subs at a single tier. The US split has a full tree announced, fits the recent patterns, and is the closest potential future line to being release ready. 

Members
4,075 posts
10,123 battles
6 minutes ago, exray0 said:

Are we really thinking Pommern is coming next week? My interest is piqued. 

It’s probably coming soon, since it seems like it’s getting close to what WG wants for it based on the recent changes, but I’m still leaning toward it being a replacement for Georgia rather than a separate standalone release. If it is replacing Georgia, it’s either a few months out if there’s no overlap since we haven’t gotten the removal notice for Georgia, or as early as next week if WG is fine with some overlap (meaning whenever it gets added we’ll probably get a notice for Georgia). 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,522 posts
11,013 battles
4 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

Also this patch marks the 5th anniversary of the game, and to celebrate, there will be a 5 Years World of Warships collection, with the main reward being a T7 Premium ship container and special flag, and each of the 4 individual segments rewards a T6 premium ship container

oh i wish, but theres no way WG would do that, that 5 free premiums ships to 10s of 1000s of players, you really think WG would willingly lose that much money because of that?

[SUCIT]
Members
1,106 posts
17,895 battles
10 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

oh i wish, but theres no way WG would do that, that 5 free premiums ships to 10s of 1000s of players, you really think WG would willingly lose that much money because of that?

Yeah, I know the chances of that are slim, but WG being WG, anything’s possible, they could be really, really generous. Or it’ll be a day of premium time for each segment and the T7 premium as the final reward

[ARGSY]
Members
18,950 posts
13,161 battles
3 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

Yeah, I know the chances of that are slim, but WG being WG, anything’s possible, they could be really, really generous. Or it’ll be a day of premium time for each segment and the T7 premium as the final reward

You're more likely to get a T6 like last year, but being a FIVE year anniversary you never know; they may be generous. Californias and Gorizias and Yudachis all round! :Smile_veryhappy:

[WOLFG]
Members
8,872 posts
7,368 battles
14 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

Diana, Aurora, Diana, Varyag, Mikoyan.  Not tier 6, but I can see 5 premiums they could give away.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,205 posts
5,971 battles

Subs before end of year, And I would guess in randoms if not by then...minimum Q1 2021.    

[BUOY]
Members
846 posts
13,355 battles

My thoughts

1. .9.7 KM CV's Part 2: known 

2. .9.8 Anniversary: Free T7 ship container? Not happening. A T6 crate is certainly possible tho. After the Extra Special Moskva Permaflage debacle, I'm honestly just hoping they keep the flakes roughly the same as last year. 

3. .9.9 Just Halloween?: We honestly have little to no info on the USN line split other than raw datamining at this point and I'm wondering if they'll be ready by this time.

4. .9.9 - .9.10 Black Friday ships most likely to get B hulls: T9: Agir, Pommern (new releases means more people would buy the original for the 'rebate' rather than already having it), also possible is Neustrashimy since she'd be basically a new release, Georgia is frankly unlikely since it's so widely owned ='s lots of 'free' rebates 

T8: CV's: Unlikely, but all three are equally likely if they do. BB's: Champagne, Vanguard, Lenin, then any others aside from Odin. CA's: Bagration or Bayard would be my top 2, then any others  DD's: Z-35 and Orkan are my top 2, Kidd is honestly unlikely considering they've already done Sims.

T7: BB's: Not Nelson or Poltava, California would be my most likely but not by much, CA's: Atlanta for my #1 pick, DD's: Leningrad

5. .9.10 Dockyard 3.0, new T6/7 ship as the halfway reward. Xmas boxes return as about the same as last year, snowflake rewards probably reduced from last year.

Edited by lloyd1701

[OIL-1]
Members
968 posts

Let's see..
Space Battles - Canceled. Players were having fun.
Rogue Wave - Canceled. Players were having fun.
Halloween? I'm going with canceled. WG doesn't want players reminded that subs can actually be fun,
when they're trying so hard to bring boring subs to the game.

Worst Case..
Another Dockyard event, but this time the main reward is you get to spend money to buy not enough Research Bureau points.
Yeah, I'm going with those predictions.

[SUCIT]
Members
1,106 posts
17,895 battles

Well, news about Patch 9.8 just hit the dev blog, and I was right about a collection, just not what it would be about. Five Ages of Navy, with the main reward being a linkable perma camp for T9 ships

What I didn’t expect: New permanent campign 5 Ages of Navy rewarding a linkable camo for T9 ships

Anchorage Dockyard: same rules as Odin dockyard, but this time it’s 100k Free XP at the midway point and Anchorage is the main reward. Anchorage is at the time of this post among the strongest T8 cruisers out there, with American smoke and Fletcher torpedoes, with the powerful alpha strike that comes with 12 Baltimore American Piercing Shells, so she really seems to be worth 3500 doubloons