You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Titus_Pullo_13

My WoWs Experience - Feedback for WG staff

10 comments in this topic

Members
125 posts
2,298 battles

Cruisers and BB's Tiers 1-3: Holy crap! This game is amazing! Historically accurate ships, fantastic graphics, diversity of nations, styles and ship types. It's so well thought out with the different citadels, angling, shell velocity, penetration properties etc. It's very fun except with 2 carriers in the game. My ship barely has AA and the CV's aircraft are way too powerful. I probably suck though and I'm still learning. It will get better. They really should limit to one CV per side though. Still, THE BEST GAME EVER!

Cruisers and BB's Tiers 5-8: I don't know why so many people complain about CV's. They're kind of fun and add to the game. The ships now have enough AA to be competitive. I'm having fun so I'll buy some Premium time. Disappointed in all the make-believe ships though. The CCCP was the dominant force on land and that's a lot to be proud of, why change history and make it appear Russia was a dominant naval force?

Cruisers and BB's Tiers 9-10: Well, good thing I have Premium. At this level, it seems like you must cause  80-100k damage or you'll end up with a credit debit. Still having fun but I need more practice to really enjoy myself. I understand the number of Russian ship types because it's a Russian company and they want to build their audience but do they have to make fake ships so powerful? 

Cruisers and BB's Tiers 1-3 after playing 1500 games: wth is WG doing? How can they think 2 CV's a side, AT TIER 3 l can make for a playable game? Ships with no AA fighting off aircraft? Bi-planes with magic rockets? Losing faith in the game. 

DDs after 1500 games: I've finally played DD's enough in co-op to try DD in Random Battles. The DD's are fun and I'm getting the hang of them unless there are CV's. The DDs are almost always targeted first and it's not fun at all. Terrible experience. The DD's need to me 2x-3x stronger against aircraft. I've worked hard at this game only to be let down poor game-play.

At this point, I won't be buying anymore Premium. 
If they limit the CV's to one per side and strengthen the DDs against air attack, It would be a much more enjoyable game.
I'm not "anti CV". In fact, I like them but the game, as-is, in some scenarios, is unplayable and a waste of time.  

The developers and designers of this game have worked too hard for too long to let the game be ruined by terrible decisions. You've hooked me with a fantastic game and now you are pushing me away will silly, often unwinnable scenarios. 

Big kudos to the development team and coders! You've done your job extremely well! Thank you!

Perhaps this info will be useful. I am not a ling-time player that may be resistant to change and may be prone to a sense of entitlement and I'm a little above a noob. I am your target and I'm being pushed away by odd marketing decisions. 

Thanks for listening. I hope someone at WG actually reads this. 

Edited by Titus_Pullo_13
Added a sentence.
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 3

[SIDE]
Members
4,139 posts

Still ain't figured out that some ships are supposed to be weak against planes and you are supposed to change your playstyle when they are a threat.... 

Blames the game? Classic.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

Members
125 posts
2,298 battles
10 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

Still ain't figured out that some ships are supposed to be weak against planes and you are supposed to change your playstyle when they are a threat.... 

Blames the game? Classic.

1. Not true for Tier 3 games. Two carriers in a game and very poor AA on the ships. The only semi-effective means is to stay together and that is only practical some of the time. Two carriers do not belong in a game with vessels that have poor or little AA

2. Against DD's with very poor health anyway? Changing playstyle doesn't help much

3. Experienced, self-important player that smugly makes a comment without offering a solution. CLASSIC.... and probably toxic. 

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

[LEGIT]
Members
2,249 posts
30,741 battles
6 hours ago, Titus_Pullo_13 said:

I'm having fun so I'll buy some Premium time.

Christmas they have 360 days for like $49-.  It's rare I spend more money than that in a year.  But it's the best buy out there if you play a lot.  I did have to spend $14- to get the Odin, and I'm sure glad I did.  It's a hoot.

• Thanks 1

Members
125 posts
2,298 battles
21 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

Christmas they have 360 days for like $49-.  It's rare I spend more money than that in a year.  But it's the best buy out there if you play a lot.  I did have to spend $14- to get the Odin, and I'm sure glad I did.  It's a hoot.

Thanks. I bought 2 months and have 2 weeks left and will probably wait till Christmas for the bargains. 

I can't get past Phase 6 for the Odin. I lack some of the necessary ships. It would cost me a lot to pay for the odin!

[LEGIT]
Members
2,249 posts
30,741 battles
44 minutes ago, Titus_Pullo_13 said:

I can't get past Phase 6 for the Odin. I lack some of the necessary ships. It would cost me a lot to pay for the odin!

Not worth it then.  It'll probably be available for something in the near future.

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,139 posts
4 hours ago, Titus_Pullo_13 said:

1. Not true for Tier 3 games. Two carriers in a game and very poor AA on the ships. The only semi-effective means is to stay together and that is only practical some of the time. Two carriers do not belong in a game with vessels that have poor or little AA

2. Against DD's with very poor health anyway? Changing playstyle doesn't help much

3. Experienced, self-important player that smugly makes a comment without offering a solution. CLASSIC.... and probably toxic. 

1. It's gonna be 1 per team sooner or later. It's the only way.

2. DD have lower HP categorically. In exchange they are smaller, faster, more agile, hard to see, difficult to hit, get smoke, huge alpha weapon system, some get hydro or radar, etc. However, planes are your kryptonite and you absolutely have to change when they are a threat. Period.

3. I am experienced. Many years, through many evolutions and across all types and tiers. As I said, CHANGE YOUR PLAYSTYLE AGAINST CARRIERS, is the only solution at the moment. You lack powerful AA but/because you have many other strengths.  It is not a strength of all destroyers nor all of any ship type. It's quite simple. I'd give you the cliff notes version but I guess I'm toxic so you can just use the search function instead of creating another unoriginal thread about something already discussed 1000x. 

Edited by thebigblue

[SIDE]
Members
4,139 posts
3 hours ago, exray0 said:

Don't you ever get tired of spouting the same [edited]? My word. 

You are right. This is a DD thread so I should say things the opposite of what I really meant so I fit in with the drama. Sorry fellas. Here; WarGaming hates destroyers, is trying to ruin the game and carriers are omnipotent insta-killers against which no ship can survive!!!!! 

• Meh 1

Members
125 posts
2,298 battles
3 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

1. It's gonna be 1 per team sooner or later. It's the only way.

2. DD have lower HP categorically. In exchange they are smaller, faster, more agile, hard to see, difficult to see, get smoke, huge alpha weapon system..... You have to change against carriers. Period.

3. I am experienced. Many years, through many evolutions and across all types and tiers. The solution, CHANGE YOUR PLAYSTYLE AGAINST CARRIERS, is the only solution. You lack powerful AA, because you have many other strengths.  It is not a strength of all destroyers nor all of any ship type. It's quite simple. I'd give you the cliff notes version but I guess I'm toxic so you can just use the search function instead of creating another unoriginal thread about something already discussed 1000x. 

1. That would be awesome. At least in Tier 3 games, it would be nice in all matches but Tier 3 is just comical. 

2. Understood. I use good camo and have the concealment skill, I avoid power boost, try to keep an island between me and the carrier, If a BB is close by, I get close for AA defense. Lots of things can be done but the aircraft are still disproportionately overpowered. I throw in reverse and turn when they are 1.5 km out but, with the DDs often hunted first, I don't always last long. Nevermind them spotting me and ruining any attempt 'stealth"

3. Please read our first exchange again. You were initially pompous and dismissive which are usually traits associated with a toxic person. I said "probably toxic".  You gave it another shot, changed your tone and offered some semi-constructive conversation.  Thank you.