You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Merc_R_Us

Congrats to DeeDee7 & Popcorn_132 !

11 comments in this topic

Members
142 posts
6,534 battles

Yay,

I’m hoping to rank out tonight....out of rank 7, that is:Smile_smile:

Members
1,639 posts
34 minutes ago, CptRemy said:

Yay,

I’m hoping to rank out tonight....out of rank 7, that is:Smile_smile:

Once you get to 5 there are hardly any players. Made it to rank 5 in an Indomitable. 

[INTEL]
Members
12,484 posts
34,658 battles
8 hours ago, DeeDee7 said:

Thanks!

First time reaching rank 1 so pretty exciting :D

What ship did you rank out in?

[RCNW3]
Beta Testers
3 posts
4,716 battles

@Taichunger I mostly used bismarck to get through tanks 18-5 and then swapped to mostly mogami for the rest of the ranks. I tried hsienyang and benson for variety but I did better team play in a cruiser or battleship. 

In bismarck I tried not to fight the hordes of Massas head on and supported destroyer pushes whenever I could. By rank 5, the meta became a lot slower and destroyer heavy so I played a lot of mogami. I found the extra turret to be more helpful in assisting friendly destroyer than the radar of cleveland. The mogami was also better at delaying enemy pushes if they broke through a flank.

image.png

[INTEL]
Members
12,484 posts
34,658 battles
2 minutes ago, DeeDee7 said:

@Taichunger I mostly used bismarck to get through tanks 18-5 and then swapped to mostly mogami for the rest of the ranks. I tried hsienyang and benson for variety but I did better team play in a cruiser or battleship. 

In bismarck I tried not to fight the hordes of Massas head on and supported destroyer pushes whenever I could. By rank 5, the meta became a lot slower and destroyer heavy so I played a lot of mogami. I found the extra turret to be more helpful in assisting friendly destroyer than the radar of cleveland. The mogami was also better at delaying enemy pushes if they broke through a flank.

image.png

Thats amazing, because I hate seeing Mogami on my team and consider them food when they appear on the other team. Well done!

[OVRPN]
[OVRPN]
Beta Testers
108 posts
17,031 battles

2 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Thats amazing, because I hate seeing Mogami on my team and consider them food when they appear on the other team. Well done!

What were you in that a Mogami salvo didn't make you slow your roll?

[RCNW3]
Beta Testers
3 posts
4,716 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

Thanks! There definitely were weaknesses to Mogami though. It is hard pressed in fights against ships like Bayard or Mainz. I think the Mainz in particular had longer range so the more clever captains were difficult to play against. Enemy teams that had Vladivostok or Lenins were difficult to damage with their HE resistant armor and could push more effectively than Massa or Bismarck although no captain really did. They liked to sit and bow in snipe. 

[INTEL]
Members
12,484 posts
34,658 battles
1 hour ago, ZeroGiven said:

What were you in that a Mogami salvo didn't make you slow your roll?

I was playing Massachusetts. Lots and lots of Mogami captains spend time trying to force torp drops. And when they turn broadside....

I switched to Kidd but Mogami remains food for my teammates.