[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,531 posts
18,815 battles

I saw this and it made me think.

Worst Food Crimes Taste Test 
08:47 Peanut butter sandwich

So I discussed this with the Mrs. if this was a bad idea in trying weird peanut butter concoctions.  We decided to give different recipes a try with peanut butter in the future.

Today is the variation of the Hemingway Mount Everest Special

Take in order

Raisin Bread,Peanut Butter, Swiss Cheese, thin Sweet Vidalia Onion slice, Raisin Bread

We decided that the Peanut butter needs to applied to both inner sides of the Raisin bread. The flavor gives a Thai sauce experience with the Onion. The Raisin bread mellows the tastes. My wife thinks this recipe happen because there was nothing left in the pantry.  I reminded her that Buffalo Chicken wings was done in that manner. I would eat this style of sandwich again. Do you guys have any weird Peanut Butter sandwich ideas?

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,822 posts
4,613 battles

Peanut butter goes with damn near everything.  PB, bacon, and mustard.  Raisin bread optional.

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,531 posts
18,815 battles

Today's try:

Spread one slice of bread with peanut butter.
Add one thick slice of Braunschweiger (that is a type of pork liver sandwich spread).
Top with a slice of cheese. I used American.
Add a dab of relish.
Spread the other slice of bread with mayonnaise.

Do not go heavy with the peanut butter. The relish brings everything together. Very subtle after tastes of peanut butter. I thought this was a great sandwich. I'd make it again.

Sign in to follow this