You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sullen_Maximus

Nerf the Holland AA now!

70 comments in this topic

[RE]
Beta Testers
154 posts
8,271 battles

Seriously, this ship is so [edited]absurd in it's AA capabilities. I understand, it does not have smoke so it needs good AA but this is just ridiculous. It's essentially immune to any airpower, but what's worse since it's spotting from air is short, you can just turn off the AA and then activate the second the planes are about to spot. Normally this isn't a bad tactic, but with the Holland, the passive AA alone will obliterate entire squads before they can even get outside of it's AA. Using the tactic  I just described one killed an entire midway torp squad with repair party running before any of the planes could get out of AA without hitting a single [edited]smoke puff. The ship single handed shuts down entire areas of the map for carriers. Why the [edited] does one ship have more AA capabilities than cruisers? This thing has more AA than an actual [edited]aircraft carrier?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4
  • Haha 30
  • Sad 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 7

[TOG]
Members
162 posts
9,975 battles

Oh My GAWD the irony.

Tears from a CV driver cuz of a ship for which .... wait for it ... they have no counter.

This is the best post I have read on this forum in months and it gives me hope and motivation to get both the Halland and Smaland. I might even fork over the money to convert all the FXP I need to get the Smaland faster. I'm going to get them just for the evil pleasure of driving around and clearing the skies for my teammates by being a big fly swatter.

I detest CV's so much and now with your testimony to the effectiveness of those ships, you have inspired me and restored my faith in the game.

Thank you for this post.

• Cool 17
  • Funny 8
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

[RE]
Beta Testers
154 posts
8,271 battles
1 minute ago, BCGrog said:

Oh My GAWD the irony.

Tears from a CV driver cuz of a ship for which .... wait for it ... they have no counter.

This is the best post I have read on this forum in months and it gives me hope and motivation to get both the Halland and Smaland. I might even fork over the money to convert all the FXP I need to get the Smaland faster. I'm going to get them just for the evil pleasure of driving around and clearing the skies for my teammates by being a big fly swatter.

I detest CV's so much and now with your testimony to the effectiveness of those ships, you have inspired me and restored my faith in the game.

Thank you for this post.

Please do, the more people who buy them, to show WGing statistic how broken they are, the faster they will nerf them.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Meh 1

Members
1,165 posts
33 battles
13 minutes ago, Sullen_Maximus said:

Why the [edited] does one ship have more AA capabilities than cruisers? This thing has more AA than an actual [edited]aircraft carrier?

It's quite simple: It doesn't.

Halland is actually fairly easy to deal with in a Midway. You just attack it once or twice and it has no AA left.

• Haha 1

[WWJWD]
Beta Testers
162 posts
8,172 battles

Learn to dodge?

• Haha 3

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,297 posts
14,507 battles

I am happy with my Halland as is. This is coming from someone who likes CV’s. 

• Thanks 1

[OIL-1]
Members
934 posts

What I don't understand is how he managed to get all the way to the Midway without having squadrons wrecked before.

Happens to me, by more ships than just EU ones.

• Cool 1

[RE]
Beta Testers
154 posts
8,271 battles
2 minutes ago, Croda said:

Learn to dodge?

Are you touched in the head? Did you not see the part where you don't even have to pit a flak, the passive AA does it all.

• Sad 1
  • Boring 2

[--K--]
Members
6,710 posts
14,554 battles

So you have run across one ship that just tells you nope?? How awful and frustrating that must be. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Haha 5
  • Boring 1

[SBS]
Members
5,387 posts
14 minutes ago, Sullen_Maximus said:

Seriously, this ship is so [edited]absurd in it's AA capabilities. I understand, it does not have smoke so it needs good AA but this is just ridiculous. It's essentially immune to any airpower, but what's worse since it's spotting from air is short, you can just turn off the AA and then activate the second the planes are about to spot. Normally this isn't a bad tactic, but with the Holland, the passive AA alone will obliterate entire squads before they can even get outside of it's AA. Using the tactic  I just described one killed an entire midway torp squad with repair party running before any of the planes could get out of AA without hitting a single [edited]smoke puff. The ship single handed shuts down entire areas of the map for carriers. Why the [edited] does one ship have more AA capabilities than cruisers? This thing has more AA than an actual [edited]aircraft carrier?

Do you think radar is a broken mechanic because it shuts down significant portion of the map for DDs?  You probably think that is perfectly fine.  There is nothing wrong with the idea that you have to pay attention to where certain AA ships.  

[ZUOSI]
Beta Testers
1,257 posts
1,759 battles
Just now, Sullen_Maximus said:

I love hearing this from below average players who probably don't' like that they get crapon doing dumb things like leaving AA bubbles.

The irony in your statement is the fact I actively play CV's and have arguments both for and against them.

However there are a few ships that are essentially no fly zones. It's just a fact. When you see one you nope the [edited] out of there and find someone else or accept that if you do go after them you will be playing a zero-sum game.

• Thanks 2

[RE]
Beta Testers
154 posts
8,271 battles
Just now, Slimeball91 said:

Do you think radar is a broken mechanic because it shuts down significant portion of the map for DDs?  You probably think that is perfectly fine.  There is nothing wrong with the idea that you have to pay attention to where certain AA ships.  

Radar is a temporary mechanic, you can tell when it's activated, and then it has a cool down. The AA on the Holland never shuts off. It never goes away until it's dead.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[WWJWD]
Beta Testers
162 posts
8,172 battles
1 minute ago, Sullen_Maximus said:

Are you touched in the head? Did you not see the part where you don't even have to pit a flak, the passive AA does it all.

Go talk to the Enterprise that crapped on me in my Tallinn in ranked this morning.

I did 40k+ dmg and shot down 20 planes.  He hit me with bombs twice and took away 2/3 of my health, then finished me with rockets.  You'll get no sympathy from me.

• Cool 6
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1

[RE]
Beta Testers
154 posts
8,271 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

So you have run across one ship that just tells you nope?? How awful and frustrating that must be. 

Oh look it's another player who literally never plays CV's thinking they have anything intelligent to say about them beyond "you ruined my solo warrior game"

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 6

[TARK]
Members
5,638 posts
2,260 battles
21 minutes ago, Sullen_Maximus said:

Ive flown into Halland passive AA with LEXINGTON planes and lost only a few planes while hitting him with DBs...

You hit a flak burst. Dont do that.

You need to learn to dodge flak, and how to make attacks on high AA targets...

...and yes, be prepared to pay the price in pilots to get that hit in.

• Cool 1

[SBS]
Members
5,387 posts

Radar is a temporary mechanic, you can tell when it's activated, and then it has a cool down. The AA on the Holland never shuts off. It never goes away until it's dead.

The AA on the Halland isn't that great without DFAA active.  It won't shoot down your squadron with it active.

[TBB]
Members
385 posts
3,570 battles

I expressed the same months ago. However, after using it myself, and playing against it, it's best to avoid the ones who keep the AA off, until an ally DD spots it. 

[--K--]
Members
6,710 posts
14,554 battles

Oh look it's another player who literally never plays CV's thinking they have anything intelligent to say about them beyond "you ruined my solo warrior game"

I don't play cvs anymore because I decided I didn't want to be a jerk anymore. 

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Boring 2

[RE]
Beta Testers
154 posts
8,271 battles
Just now, Croda said:

Go talk to the Enterprise that crapped on me in my Tallinn in ranked this morning.

I did 40k+ dmg and shot down 20 planes.  He hit me with bombs twice and took away 2/3 of my health, then finished me with rockets.  You'll get no sympathy from me.

As an active CV player, I actually think the enterprise, and kaga need nerfs. The way fighter mechanics work now, they literally don't care. Since fighters only shoot down the number of planes equal to the fighter squad, enterprise and kaga have ridiculous advantages. I watched an enterprise one time fly through 2 fighters squads to bomb a ship. He didn't care because even with both fighters squads shooting him, he still had a full attack squad.

[RE]
Beta Testers
154 posts
8,271 battles
1 minute ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Ive flown into Halland passive AA with LEXINGTON planes and lost only a few planes while hitting him with DBs...

You hit a flak burst. Dont do that.

You need to learn to dodge flak, and how to make attacks on high AA targets...

...and yes, be prepared to pay the price in pilots to get that hit in.

Get the [edited] out of here, if you did that, that Holland probably didn't have a 19 point captain and wasn't outfitted correctly. I've gone up against them several times in both t10 carriers and it's always the same, no flak hit, planes wiped.

Edited by Sullen_Maximus

[R-F2]
Members
641 posts
9,560 battles
8 minutes ago, Sullen_Maximus said:

I love hearing this from below average players who probably don't' like that they get crapon doing dumb things like leaving AA bubbles.

im not sure it makes sense for you to be stat shaming, but i suppose arkansas beta might be really hard to do well in

Edited by WernerHerzdog

[--K--]
Members
6,710 posts
14,554 battles
3 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

If only you made the same choice with respect to forum posts...

You have some particular ones in mind? 

[TARK]
Members
5,638 posts
2,260 battles

Get the [edited] out of here, if you did that, that Holland probably didn't have a 19 point captain and wasn't outfitted correctly. I've gone up against them several times in both t10 carriers and it's always the same, no flak hit, planes wiped.

Actually, it was a pretty decent battle...

I first went with a shortened rocket squad 6, he popped defensive AA plus I lost one to flak...and he got the five before I could drop.

I then came back with DBs, shortened the squad to six...his defAA was still on cooldown...I lost two to passive AA and hit him with one HE bomb. F recalled immediately.

Then he disappeared back into the nearby Montana AA.

It is difficult to fight Halland...but it can be done even in a tier 8 CV.

• Cool 1

[TARK]
Members
5,638 posts
2,260 battles
2 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

You have some particular ones in mind? 

The ones where you call people jerks for not complying with your personal rules for the game...

7 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I don't play cvs anymore because I decided I didn't want to be a jerk anymore

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1