You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheArc

Nice to get that free Azur Lane crate & commander, of course...

36 comments in this topic

[FORM]
Members
1,442 posts
10,345 battles

Nice to get that free Azur Lane crate & commander, I got the Sovetskaya Rossiya commander. Fun to have the different dialog, etc. So as a bit of a thank you to WG for doing it,  I went and bought another AL prem container for doubloons and got... the Sovetskaya Rossiya commander.

Why does it always seem to always happen that way? ;)

Edited by TheArc
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,722 posts
2 minutes ago, SirPent13 said:

Was there any compensation for getting the duplicate?

Says right in the news articles and detail texts, "you can get infinite duplicates" (paraphrasing).  

There's a picture going around of a guy who got 10 of the same captain in a previous AL event. 

• Cool 1

[_GAD_]
Members
47 posts
6,277 battles
Just now, KilljoyCutter said:

Says right in the news articles and detail texts, "you can get infinite duplicates" (paraphrasing).  

There's a picture going around of a guy who got 10 of the same captain in a previous AL event. 

Ah ok, I did read the article but guess I just missed it. Thanks!

[ARGSY]
Members
18,950 posts
13,161 battles
9 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Because RNGesus is a troll? 

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
2,152 posts
11,593 battles
1 hour ago, TheArc said:

Nice to get that free Azur Lane crate & commander, I got the Sovetskaya Rossiya commander. Fun to have the different dialog, etc. So as a bit of a thank you to WG for doing it,  I went and bought another AL prem container for 1500 gold and got... the Sovetskaya Rossiya commander.

Last time I ended up with several Neptunes

This time I have alot of Roons.

You know how creepy Roon is?

Both Keviseeb and AshleyAKAAshley got weirded out by Roon.

• Haha 1

[-KIA-]
Members
811 posts
10,637 battles

I used 2500 doubloons to buy 1 AL container, and of course, as it is a gacha container, I didn't get the commander that I want (Shoukaku and/or JB) but I got Littorio instead.

[WOLF8]
Members
7,157 posts
6,102 battles
29 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Last time I ended up with several Neptunes

This time I have alot of Roons.

You know how creepy Roon is?

Both Keviseeb and AshleyAKAAshley got weirded out by Roon.

Roon, creepy?

You take that back, sir. Roon is awesome and wholesome. 

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
2,152 posts
11,593 battles
11 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Roon, creepy?

You take that back, sir. Roon is awesome and wholesome. 

have you actually heard her in game?

[WOLF8]
Members
7,157 posts
6,102 battles
3 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

have you actually heard her in game?

YUS.

She's fine.

[REVY]
Members
2,152 posts
11,593 battles
18 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

YUS.

She's fine.

75% of the time she's fine

Then there's the remaining 25% where she has that evil giggle, the scream as she fires a broadside, and the one where she is obviously quite.....excited to cause damage.

Keviseeb really got surprised by the scream, and wierded out by the..... excited part.

Ashley was more along the lines of '...will never use that captain again.......'

[WOLF8]
Members
7,157 posts
6,102 battles
49 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

75% of the time she's fine

Then there's the remaining 25% where she has that evil giggle, the scream as she fires a broadside, and the one where she is obviously quite.....excited to cause damage.

Keviseeb really got surprised by the scream, and wierded out by the..... excited part.

Ashley was more along the lines of '...will never use that captain again.......'

That's exactly what makes her so much FUN to listen to, lol.

I find it better than other ones with almost constant demeanor of voices. They don't... vary as much. On the other hand, Roon is very dynamic, and it makes her seem "more alive" so to speak.

That's just me though. If you and your friends are so bothered by it, there's always the cogwheel menu at the bottom right corner of the Port UI... lel.

Edited by Blorgh2017

[MHG]
[MHG]
Members
59 posts
2,584 battles
1 hour ago, SeaShadowAR said:

Roon is batshit psycho.

Hey! some of us are into that!

[FORM]
Members
1,442 posts
10,345 battles
4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Because RNGesus is a troll? 

Totally ;)

2 hours ago, Lord_Slayer said:

I don't know the show or characters or anything, just like the variety of the captain dialog. I do know that the pink teddy bear from the last AL group is hilariously insane. Get her on fire and well... clearly it is the end of times!!!

[XXX]
Members
465 posts
812 battles

I wish there was a way to trade them...Got the Baltimore Captain from the 1 crate I purchased and would gladly exchange it for someone with the Roon captain.

Where did you get the free crate from out of curiosity?

Edited by Yandere_Roon

[WOLF8]
Members
7,157 posts
6,102 battles
4 minutes ago, Yandere_Roon said:

I wish there was a way to trade them...Got the Baltimore Captain from the 1 crate I purchased and would gladly exchange it for someone with the Roon captain.

I think it's from Twitch Prime? I'm not sure, but I think I heard of something like that. 

Personally for myself, I just bought the captain bundle, because I wanted all of them anyway. It saved me from the hassle of dealing with the RNG boxes. 

[REVY]
Members
2,152 posts
11,593 battles
1 hour ago, TheArc said:

Totally ;)

I don't know the show or characters or anything, just like the variety of the captain dialog. I do know that the pink teddy bear from the last AL group is hilariously insane. Get her on fire and well... clearly it is the end of times!!!

yeah, I can tell you don't know the show.

the Pink Teddy Bear is Kirishima from Arpeggio of Blue Steel, a entirely different anime and not game based.

Azur Lane was a game first, then became an anime this past winter.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,543 posts
4,942 battles

I got Littorrio  out of the free crate.  I've never bought any of the AL stuff, and the only anime item I bought was Harekaze because it is supposed to be a diverse captain trainer.  All the anime stuff I have other than that was free, or received by in game missions.

Members
1,138 posts
7,192 battles

Just want Azuma here, not sure why they can't like... sell her?

$250 for all is pretty damn steep.

[XXX]
Members
465 posts
812 battles
9 minutes ago, reaper_swpz said:

Just want Azuma here, not sure why they can't like... sell her?

$250 for all is pretty damn steep.

Azuma is available for free. You need to complete the Azur Lane collection and you can get her, no need to pay!

• Cool 1

Members
4,324 posts
9,311 battles
24 minutes ago, Yandere_Roon said:

Azuma is available for free. You need to complete the Azur Lane collection and you can get her, no need to pay!

+1
I completed the Azur Lane collection after the previous Azur Lane collaboration.
Commander Azuma was the Captain of my battleship Nagato, until I acquired the cruiser named Azuma.

Azuma Tier-9 premium cruiser welcomed to port_assigned Cmdr Azuma_06-16-2020_.jpg

[FORM]
Members
1,442 posts
10,345 battles
3 hours ago, Yandere_Roon said:

2 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

I think it's from Twitch Prime? I'm not sure, but I think I heard of something like that.

Yup, it was from associating my plain Twitch acct with WoWS. I actually did that a long while ago, but there were "free gifts" for doing it so I went and clicked and the gifts were there and it worked.

Note: I don't have twitch prime. I did set it up for 1 month for free, which it was free with my regular Amazon Prime for one month. That was enough to get it associated to WoWS. I cancelled it before it renewed, but it still got me the free crate. 

There are other free stuff too, one was another 10pt captain, a twitch broadcaster I assume - though sadly she uses the regular male captain voice.

1 hour ago, Lord_Slayer said:

yeah, I can tell you don't know the show. the Pink Teddy Bear is Kirishima from Arpeggio of Blue Steel, a entirely different anime and not game based. Azur Lane was a game first, then became an anime this past winter.

Ah, well... yah. I haven't any idea who is what or why. I just know that Kirishima goes bonkers when the ship is on fire and it always makes me chuckle. Though since she's a teddy bear, I assume she's extra flammable and thus at even greater risk. I think the last anime I actually followed was Cowboy Bebop and Evangelion. Not sure which came first, it was a while ago.

• Cool 1