Hapa_Fodder

Public Test Seasons

18 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,881 posts
13,317 battles

One year has passed since the start of the Public Test Seasons. Let's sum up their results!

Read it on the portal

[ODIN]
Members
2 posts
25,644 battles

I'm not understanding. Does that mean that if you completed the winter, spring, and summer seasons you get the reward for completing all 4 seasons? Because the Autumn season wasn't really available. If not will we be given an opportunity to complete the autumn season?

[SOFOP]
Members
2,364 posts
13,810 battles
1 hour ago, Crommelin said:

I'm not understanding. Does that mean that if you completed the winter, spring, and summer seasons you get the reward for completing all 4 seasons? Because the Autumn season wasn't really available. If not will we be given an opportunity to complete the autumn season?

Autumn season was available.  I have Autumn, Winter and Spring badges so far.  I think some people actually got the summer badges last summer too but not sure (just read the article and yes, obviously some did). 

If you don't have one, you can get it the next time that season comes around (Autumn in a few months).

@Hapa_FodderThe question becomes I guess:  If you get all 4, do you still get containers if you already have that season badge?  Test server participation is already low and my guess would be that the majority of testers will have all 4 after this summer.  Would hate to see those players not get further rewards.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

[ARGSY]
Members
18,950 posts
13,161 battles

The best thing WG ever did for this, for the second phase of the Summer Season, was to give us directives that could be achieved in co-op.

You have NO IDEA (well you probably do, hence the reason the change was made) how long one had to wait for a Random battle on PTS, only to find it inadequately populated to bring home more than a fraction of the Base XP a full live-server game could yield. I advocated for fill-in bots, as was done with subs, but what they actually did was probably better.

Please keep this up.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[WG]
Administrator, Developers
1,513 posts
9,394 battles
2 hours ago, Crommelin said:

The start season would be Fall of 2019 to the present. If you completed the seasonal missions of PTS from last Fall (2019) and each season up to Summer 2020. (Fall 2019, Winter 2019, Spring 2020, Summer 2020).

[WG]
Administrator, Developers
1,513 posts
9,394 battles
58 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Autumn season was available.  I have Autumn, Winter and Spring badges so far.  I think some people actually got the summer badges last summer too but not sure (just read the article and yes, obviously some did). 

If you don't have one, you can get it the next time that season comes around (Autumn in a few months).

@Hapa_FodderThe question becomes I guess:  If you get all 4, do you still get containers if you already have that season badge?  Test server participation is already low and my guess would be that the majority of testers will have all 4 after this summer.  Would hate to see those players not get further rewards.

Completing the seasonal missions will still land you rewards (minus the emblem) as stated in the PTS main article:
https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/public-test-097/

Members
2,898 posts
5,580 battles
26 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Completing the seasonal missions will still land you rewards (minus the emblem) as stated in the PTS main article:
https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/public-test-097/

I am apparently one of the 79 who has it already, but out of curiousity will the four-season emblem be available on a rolling basis for people who complete Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter seasons in the future? I.e., will people who missed the Summer season in 2019 but completed Fall 2019, Winter 19-20, Spring 2020, and Summer 2020 get the emblem with their Summer 2020 PTS rewards?

[KILLU]
Members
23 posts
582 battles

Our main goal is to enhance the quality of the game, and this requires your help.

Quoted directly from the news article linked to this forum topic.

You want help to figure out how to enhance the quality of the game I can offer some tips.

Fix game stability and client crashes, update the anti-cheat system to be effective, fix matchmaking, adjust co-op rewards to be in line with other game modes, offer more maps, offer more game modes, vastly improve the quality of customer service that wargaming offers and rework the refund policy to actually have one.

These are just a few suggestions and yes I know this has nothing to do with the public test but these are the only forums the dev's even pay attention too so this is where suggestions for improvements that should be implemented will even be noticed by them.

• Thanks 2

[OGF]
Members
885 posts
29,947 battles

Only 79 of us completed the last four seasons?  Is this worldwide (like the PTS) or just the NA Server?

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
4,327 posts
9,311 battles

I could sure use some Public Test Server doubloons, to equip ships and do other stuff that requires doubloons.

It's been a few days since I logged-in to PTS.  We'll see what the next log-in brings.

Testing the Submarines was fun though.

• Cool 1

[MR-1]
Members
892 posts
17,172 battles

not enough players , to much grinding in short time , difficult to get logged in at time  random battle waiting time  far to long ( longest ive had to wait and i did sit there waiting was 2 1/2hrs for 1 battle ) to many bugs , cloning the NA server ( bad idea ) loosing stuff if used on the PTS server from my NA server ( thats a FACT ) 

used to be more enjoyable but now is it worth it 

[OGF]
Members
885 posts
29,947 battles
2 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

not enough players , to much grinding in short time , difficult to get logged in at time  random battle waiting time  far to long ( longest ive had to wait and i did sit there waiting was 2 1/2hrs for 1 battle ) to many bugs , cloning the NA server ( bad idea ) loosing stuff if used on the PTS server from my NA server ( thats a FACT ) 

used to be more enjoyable but now is it worth it 

What stuff did you lose?  I haven't noticed anything used on PTS coming out of my NA account.

[MARE]
Members
53 posts

I've enjoyed the Public Tests and participate as much as possible. HOWEVER!!! Since the change was made to the NA server where you select public test and I guess wait until the NA symbol appears before clicking on play, I have not been able to access the Public Test. I get an error message about do I want to change my account. Obviously I'm doing something wrong but don't have a clue as to what that might be. I want to participate but until I figure out how to get in, I'm "out" so to speak.

• Cool 1

[OGF]
Members
885 posts
29,947 battles
On 8/2/2020 at 9:12 AM, Captain_Cubby said:

I've enjoyed the Public Tests and participate as much as possible. HOWEVER!!! Since the change was made to the NA server where you select public test and I guess wait until the NA symbol appears before clicking on play, I have not been able to access the Public Test. I get an error message about do I want to change my account. Obviously I'm doing something wrong but don't have a clue as to what that might be. I want to participate but until I figure out how to get in, I'm "out" so to speak.

I think I ran into something similar and got confused.  When that option comes up, click on your username.  That takes me right in.  I hope that's all it is and that you can get on again for the next Test.  Good luck!  o7

[OGF]
Members
885 posts
29,947 battles
On 7/29/2020 at 4:22 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

I could sure use some Public Test Server doubloons, to equip ships and do other stuff that requires doubloons.

It's been a few days since I logged-in to PTS.  We'll see what the next log-in brings.

Testing the Submarines was fun though.

Oh MAN would I love to be able to transfer some of those resources over to my live account!

[WPORT]
Members
4,327 posts
9,311 battles
7 hours ago, Wingslinger said:

Oh MAN would I love to be able to transfer some of those resources over to my live account!

Can't transfer PTS stuff to live account.  And I'm not asking for that.
I've simply spent all the PTS doubloons that were allotted to my PTS account.  Would just be nice to have some more PTS doubloons to equip ships.

[OGF]
Members
885 posts
29,947 battles
18 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Can't transfer PTS stuff to live account.

Um...yeah, I know that.