You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
VonSchoenvorts

WG is working hard to ruin Wow's

41 comments in this topic

Members
20 posts
6,466 battles

What are you doing WG? I'm getting real tired of seeing all this anime in the game. It's just stupid and it's not what I nor what I believe most of the people who enjoy WoW's want. It's bad enough I have to see morons with giant scorpions and beer cans on top of their ships and the idiots who have ships that look like a space ships or a sea monster. I know it's a computer game, and I know not everybody likes the same things but there are plenty of dumb games out there for them to play and I see no good reason to ruin a perfectly good game with this stupid crap that just doesn't belong here. If WoW's keeps going down this path I believe they will lose a lot of players, myself included.

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 8
  • Meh 22

[WOITL]
[WOITL]
Members
13 posts
5,805 battles

You can turn all of what you mentioned off by using the options to the right of your ship carousel:

Turning off spaceship/tesla camo ? - General Discussion - World of ...

(I know this screen doesn't show the anime ships, but there is an option for them as well)

If you then select the National or Standard voiceover you will neither have to see, nor to hear anything anime, or otherwise displeasing you.

Edited by SiIo
  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 7

[WOITL]
[WOITL]
Members
13 posts
5,805 battles
2 minutes ago, VonSchoenvorts said:

SiIothank you, I did not know that.

No problem, I think a lot of people don't know about that option sadly, since it is rather hidden.

[O7]
Members
953 posts
3,816 battles
15 hours ago, VonSchoenvorts said:

what I believe most of the people who enjoy WoW's want.

What you believe is wrong

You can have your own opinion, but the majority of the playerbase are male and most males dont enjoy looking at 60 year old dudes.

Edited by HeIlaCopterRescue
removed inciting language
  • Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

[OIL-1]
Members
916 posts

I'm waiting for the 'My Little Pony' skin.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[CHBK]
Members
598 posts
2,891 battles
32 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

What you believe is wrong

mUH hIsToriCal aCcuraCy

You can have your own opinion, but the majority of the playerbase are male and most males dont enjoy looking at 60 year old dudes.

Speak for yourself.

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

Members
3,694 posts
21,952 battles

Claims to know what most players want, doesn't know there's a mechanism to turn it off (which has been there for a long time)...smfh

Edited by 1SneakyDevil

[O7]
Members
953 posts
3,816 battles
7 hours ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

Speak for yourself.

I dont speak for myself, I speak for statistics

Fact: Within the genre of world of warships and PC gaming, up to 92% identify themselves as male. 

Of course, there is no way to find the exact value and people can lie, but it is safe to assume that within the wows playerbase, the vast majority of people would be more attracted to girls (especially those of the ideal figure) rather than old men.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Members
1,159 posts
33 battles

Trying to draw in new players via a collab with a game vastly more popular than WoWs is hardly "working towards ruining the game".

That they're inevitably going to make a ton of cash via lootboxes is surely a great thing in their minds as well.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,310 posts
8,468 battles
2 hours ago, VonSchoenvorts said:

If WoW's keeps going down this path I believe they will lose a lot of players, myself included.

*Reads OP*

I fail to see how this is a bad thing.

[OVRPN]
Members
728 posts
2 hours ago, Steelcore555 said:

there's a button to get rid of those skins man. relax.

I wish I could filter the crapfrom the website

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,568 posts
2 hours ago, VonSchoenvorts said:

WG is working hard to ruin Wow's

Working hard to ruin WOW's what? 

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
40 posts
7,021 battles
2 hours ago, SiIo said:

You can turn all of what you mentioned off by using the options to the right of your ship carousel:

(I know this screen doesn't show the anime ships, but there is an option for them as well)

If you then select the National or Standard voiceover you will neither have to see, nor to hear anything anime, or otherwise displeasing you.

Thank you for this! 

I had heard you could switch off camos and been looking in the camo section without luck. 

[-K-]
Members
8,166 posts
13,463 battles
3 hours ago, VonSchoenvorts said:

What are you doing WG? I'm getting real tired of seeing all this anime in the game. It's just stupid and it's not what I nor what I believe most of the people who enjoy WoW's want. It's bad enough I have to see morons with giant scorpions and beer cans on top of their ships and the idiots who have ships that look like a space ships or a sea monster. I know it's a computer game, and I know not everybody likes the same things but there are plenty of dumb games out there for them to play and I see no good reason to ruin a perfectly good game with this stupid crap that just doesn't belong here. If WoW's keeps going down this path I believe they will lose a lot of players, myself included.

You realize these players spend their hard earned money to help keep the game afloat, right?

While it's not my cup of tea either, I do appreciate those who do support the long term longevity of the game.

If you don't like the visuals, just turn them off in the game client.

[TDRB]
Members
4,553 posts
12,779 battles

I don't like the "kiddie" skins WG comes up with either. But some like it enough to spend their $$$$ on them. At least we can turn it off. The only issue I have with turning it off is sometimes you can't tell if you added a camo or not without going back to the camos & checking.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,815 posts
13,283 battles

So um, we have been doing collaborations like this for LITERALLY years.... this is nothing new at all.

3 hours ago, SiIo said:

And this ^^^^^^^^

-Hapa

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,555 posts
7,615 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

imageproxy.jpeg.jpg

Damn that's hilarious, did you make that? That's pretty good.  

[HINON]
Members
12,950 posts
21 minutes ago, Sinboto said:

Damn that's hilarious, did you make that? That's pretty good.  

I thinks WowsNightlyNews made it back during the CV rework and I added it to my collection.

[ARA-I]
[ARA-I]
Members
55 posts
1,631 battles
2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Trying to draw in new players via a collab with a game vastly more popular than WoWs is hardly "working towards ruining the game".

That they're inevitably going to make a ton of cash via lootboxes is surely a great thing in their minds as well.

Just curious, but is Azur Lane really vastly more popular than WoWS? :cap_hmm: