You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Harrydogs69

Paper Armor

12 comments in this topic

[T_DH]
Members
4 posts
4,596 battles

Anyone else seem to have a problem with armor not doing anything?  Every ship I have run today seems like it can be sunk with a bb-gun. Any and all ships are making big hits on me no matter the angle of attack or what kind of ship is shooting at me, and yet my shells are not doing hardly anything to others.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,547 posts
4,943 battles
Just now, Harrydogs69 said:

Anyone else seem to have a problem with armor not doing anything?  Every ship I have run today seems like it can be sunk with a bb-gun. Any and all ships are making big hits on me no matter the angle of attack or what kind of ship is shooting at me, and yet my shells are not doing hardly anything to others.

Can't say I have the same problem.

Post some replays so that we can see what is happening to you and perhaps give some pointers.

[FML]
Members
3,742 posts
14,898 battles
4 hours ago, Harrydogs69 said:

Well, to be fair, BB guns are the biggest in the game. So what’s wrong with that??

• Haha 1

[REVY]
Members
2,152 posts
11,599 battles
7 hours ago, Harrydogs69 said:

Maybe if you could tell us what kinda of ships you have been running, and also what you have been shooting and with which kind of shells.

Or as has been suggested: supply a replay

Edited by Lord_Slayer

[EQRN]
Members
1,934 posts
16,254 battles

I’d say armor in the WG sense has me confused at times.  I shoot a Smolensk with a Sov Soyuz and do a few thousand damage.  I shoot a GK in the same ship and regularly do 12k-20k per salvo, no citadels either.  So... armor is a bad thing?:fish_palm:

[USRK]
Beta Testers
92 posts
2,460 battles
9 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Well, to be fair, BB guns are the biggest in the game. So what’s wrong with that??

I think he means bb gun as in the irl toy that shoots little bb's at things.

[FML]
Members
3,742 posts
14,898 battles
25 minutes ago, INobleKnightI said:

I think he means bb gun as in the irl toy that shoots little bb's at things.

I see. 
Well, this changes things...

[TIMT]
Members
219 posts
2,657 battles
8 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I shoot a Smolensk with a Sov Soyuz and do a few thousand damage.  I shoot a GK in the same ship and regularly do 12k-20k per salvo, no citadels either.  So... armor is a bad thing?

Well, Smolensk has little armor and a quite narrow hull, combine that with very high-velocity guns and you just get overpens on everything. It is the textbook example for a supposed downside actually being an advantage in disguise.

Armor layout on the german BBs is designed to protect you from devastating citadels at close-medium range as well as some HE,  at the cost of eating full regular AP pens and being more vulnerable at long range to plunging fire. So in a sense it is the opposite of the ricochet-or-citadel armor scheme some other ships seem to have.

[K-9]
Beta Testers
2,071 posts
19 hours ago, Harrydogs69 said:

you must be driving IJN. Welcome to Soviet hate code. 

[NMKJT]
Members
2,571 posts
7,013 battles
11 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I’d say armor in the WG sense has me confused at times.  I shoot a Smolensk with a Sov Soyuz and do a few thousand damage.  I shoot a GK in the same ship and regularly do 12k-20k per salvo, no citadels either.  So... armor is a bad thing?:fish_palm:

A lot of CLs are like that, thin armor + narrow hull is pretty troll when your shells take awhile to fuse. Dallas is another one that's annoying to get cits on.