You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gemlin

[SUGGESTION] Manual Secondaries Change

8 comments in this topic

[BB35]
Members
272 posts

Can we get a change to Manual Secondaries?

I would propose, Manual Secondaries skill sits idle and a ships secondaries work just like normal secondaries UNTIL you click a target for them. (Then you get your bonus' and the secondaries ONLY fire at the target). If a ship isn't selected, they fire like they do if you didn't have the skill.

• Cool 8

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,679 posts
14,007 battles

While I like the thought of this it is sort of a having your cake and eating it too kind of thing.

Edited by BrushWolf
  • Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,569 posts
7,645 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

While I like the thought of this it is sort of a having your cake and eating it too kind of thing.

Agreed, as amazing as this would be it kind of undermines the entire point to the skill in the first place no?

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,679 posts
14,007 battles
2 minutes ago, Sinboto said:

Agreed, as amazing as this would be it kind of undermines the entire point to the skill in the first place no?

I wouldn't mind if they barked even if the hit chance was extremely low as an early warning system when a DD or whatever tries to sneak up on you.

Edited by BrushWolf

[NRF]
Beta Testers
14 posts
7,744 battles

In addition, opposite side secondaries work just like normal secondaries

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,678 posts

As it stands, with secondaries ONLY firing at manually targeted ships, this doesn't feel like a 4-pt skill, it feels like a 2-pt skill, because of the steep tradeoff. 

• Cool 1

[BB35]
Members
272 posts

I view it like AA. If you want to concentrate fire, you select your quadrant.

The 4 point skill should be selective.  Guns should work like NORMAL Secondaries until I click a target.

• Cool 1

[CAAT]
Members
12 posts
2,993 battles
On 7/27/2020 at 10:34 PM, Gemlin said:

Can we get a change to Manual Secondaries?

I would propose, Manual Secondaries skill sits idle and a ships secondaries work just like normal secondaries UNTIL you click a target for them. (Then you get your bonus' and the secondaries ONLY fire at the target). If a ship isn't selected, they fire like they do if you didn't have the skill.

Either this or lower the skill point value of Manual Secondaries, it's just way too high of a cost for honestly little gain when you have competition like Fire Prevention and Concealment Expert vying for the 4pt spots. Also, at LEAST make it -60% dispersion across the board, so that T4, T5 and T6 ships can get in on the secondaries action (despite the admittedly low ranges)!