You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Awe5ome

2020 Summer sale?

40 comments in this topic

[-OG-]
Members
278 posts
7,241 battles

So the highlight of every summer for me ever since I began playing this game has always been the summer sale that occurred. Generally, this takes place late July/early August however it's almost August and we haven't even gotten a clue if it's happening let alone confirmation when. Normally I'd just assume that it's going to be a late-year but with all the crap WG has pulled in the months with the lack of events or anything really I'm really starting to think we're not getting a summer sale at all, or at least not like in previous years. The only clue that summer sale might happen is that it's happened in previous years and that a brand new "summer" camouflage is coming for Atlanta.

If someone from WG would just confirm or deny summer sale is happening I'd appreciate it.

• Thanks 1

[O_O]
Members
6,274 posts
14,599 battles

Actually, the best WoWS sales historically occur around Christmas. Yes, there have been summer sales, but they don't tend to equal the deals from Xmas (1/2 off premium time, Santa crates, and sales around Thanksgiving).

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[LEGIT]
Members
2,247 posts
30,714 battles
16 minutes ago, Awe5ome said:

lack of events or anything really

????

• Cool 3

[ZHDDG]
Members
4 posts
2,051 battles

This was on reddit about a week ago with a sneak peak being summer themed skins most likely.  

Edit: probably will have more than just skins, that just what I figure boyarsky was referring to for "revealed content"

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/42 

83e1f67dfa9e6171734351ba5544e321.png

Edited by Soviet_Father
clarity

[WOLFG]
Members
8,845 posts
7,321 battles
6 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

????

It has been a little light on directives and combat missions.

• Haha 1

[FORM]
Members
1,426 posts
10,316 battles

18 minutes ago, Soviet_Father said:

This was on reddit about a week ago with a sneak peak being summer themed skins most likely

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/42 

Yeah, I don't think that's it. I thought they always sell older premium ships for significant discounts? IIRC they had 20 days of ships, different one each day, at 50% off. 

[-KAK-]
Members
563 posts
10,189 battles
11 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Yeah, I don't think that's it. I thought they always sell older premium ships for significant discounts? IIRC they had 20 days of ships, different one each day, at 50% off. 

They do, but there's no reason why they can't put some general cosmetics in as well. (That said, I hope there's ships - I've been waiting for this sale)

[ZHDDG]
Members
4 posts
2,051 battles
34 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Its probably not a skin exclusive sale, i was just trying to reference the content from the blog post.  The skin for atlanta could mean that atlanta will at least be on sale, but well have to wait and see

[EQRN]
Members
1,932 posts
16,193 battles

August is the anniversary of the game and in the past they’ve had all kinds of sales and collections (and snowflakes, I believe, last year)  WG seems to be phoning it in this year, maybe they’re too busy re-tooling subs again, so we’ll see what this anniversary looks like.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,850 posts
13,133 battles
8 hours ago, TheArc said:

I'm suspecting that their latest deal with Azur Lane obliged them to push it back. Licensing agreements might specify when the ships have to be sold (e.g. to tie in with AL's schedule) and that meant changes.

I will be looking forward to this year's sale if it comes to fruition. 

[-K-]
Members
8,168 posts
13,463 battles
On 7/27/2020 at 10:48 PM, DrHolmes52 said:

It has been a little light on directives and combat missions.

Sarcasm?  

With the Dockyard event, German carrier directives, and latest Ranked season all happening concurrently, my plate has been pretty full as of late.

On 7/27/2020 at 10:38 PM, desmo_2 said:

Actually, the best WoWS sales historically occur around Christmas. Yes, there have been summer sales, but they don't tend to equal the deals from Xmas (1/2 off premium time, Santa crates, and sales around Thanksgiving).

Anniversary event should be right around the corner as well.  Last year they gave away Super Containers for T10 ships and gift containers for lower tiers:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-088-fourth-anniversary/

Would be cool to see something similar again in September.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,168 posts
13,463 battles
40 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

i-am-not-cd44fec7f5.jpg

Is that the universal symbol for sarcasm?  I wasn't aware.

I've always thought that a sarcasm font would be a million dollar idea, but I suppose this will do.

[WOLFG]
Members
8,845 posts
7,321 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

I've always thought that a sarcasm font would be a million dollar idea, but I suppose this will do.

I picked up the /s from people using it here.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,410 posts
6,246 battles

i love christmass sales,because people are always waiting for it,and then they create threads about the gambling of santa crates and etc and etc.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,544 posts

So everyone has forgotten that there was NO SALE, last Xmas?

The good old sales are gone, WG needs more of your cash....:Smile_glasses:

• Boring 2

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,835 posts
13,291 battles

Aloha,

So YES some of the items were revealed for our summer sale here: https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/42 as some have mentioned.

However, the other stuff and scope has not all been released yet. Just gotta wait on the announcement. :Smile_izmena:

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
428 posts
3,382 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

It's from HTML code.  Before forums had toolbars for fonts, you had to use html code to make something bold, italic, etc.

To make something boldface, you had to write <b> something </b>.

People started using sarcasm tags to denote sarcasm, and would make a statement as follows:

<sarcasm> Well, CVs are actually pretty balanced. </sarcasm>

After a while, it just became abbreviated to /s at the end.

Edited by ZoomieG

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
729 posts
1,641 battles

Excited to see what goes on sale this year. It's been awhile since I've gotten a new ship so maybe this can be a chance to try something new.

(Also that Atlanta camo gives me huge mario sunshine vibes)

Edited by Koogus

[WOLF9]
Members
302 posts
7,725 battles

I like the idea of changing consumable slots myself.  For me it would be nice that the T would always be repair. 

Beta Testers
136 posts
4,771 battles
3 minutes ago, Koogus said:

Excited to see what goes on sale this year. It's been awhile since I've gotten a new ship so maybe this can be a chance to try something new.

(Also that Atlanta camo gives me high mario sunshine vibes)

I was literally just thinking the same thing when I checked it out.  Might have to dust off the Wii for some Cube games this weekend. :cap_rambo:

[-K-]
Members
8,168 posts
13,463 battles

What the heck? :Smile_amazed:

Capture.thumb.JPG.d9d58082e697c9013ea6b4e58efd58fd.JPG

• Funny 2

[CO-OP]
[CO-OP]
Members
789 posts
21,814 battles
2 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I would have thought that the /s would come naturally to a sleestak.  Or is it more /ssssssss ?

:Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1