You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

So Puerti Rico Hate

36 comments in this topic

[PIMPS]
Members
1,243 posts

Is the hate for the Puerto Rico over or still ongoing?- Been away for bit so not sure.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,221 posts
4,790 battles
17 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

Is the hate for the Puerto Rico over or still ongoing?- Been away for bit so not sure.

CV has taken that and then some.

I think it was just during that moment in time.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,548 posts
7,601 battles

Haven't really seen to many of them around lately honestly. Guess people just play alaska instead? 

• Haha 1

[BB35]
Members
267 posts

The Current Hate List is :

1. CVs.

2. BBs camping in the rear

3. Match Maker is broken for random games.

4. Potato's in Ranked

5. WG Reskinning Ships.

I think I got the majority of them that I've seen in the forums in the past week.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[O_O]
Members
6,268 posts
14,593 battles

Whenever I see a Puerto Rico in game, there is usually a hateful comment made toward the ship and/or the player using it.

I really hope WG learned from that disaster.  The Odin dockyard event was much better, so I am hopeful WG won't make the Puerto Rico mistake again...

:Smile_sceptic:

[XXX]
Members
423 posts
780 battles

Yeah to be fair the PR is a rare ship to see ingame and, as Desmo mentions, whenever I have seen one you'll often see players making fun of either the ship or the person asking if they "no-lifed over Christmas or spent $200 to get it...and I'm not sure which of those answers would be worse..."

or

"You know the Alaska costs a lot less and is actually a better ship right? Why waste the time OR the money on that turd?"

I can imagine the few people that have the PR rarely take it out now BECAUSE of the negative feelings throughout the playerbase attached to that ship.

Edited by Yandere_Roon
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
12,945 posts
31 minutes ago, Gemlin said:

Don't forget to include radar and Russian bias.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,706 posts
19,604 battles
37 minutes ago, Gemlin said:

1. CVs.

4. Potato's in Ranked

5. WG Reskinning Ships.

I think I got the majority of them that I've seen in the forums in the past week.

Your list needs to be 8 point. 

Points 1 to 3 are all CV hate.

Between 3 & 4 needs to be radar. 

[KREW]
Members
584 posts
13,366 battles

Ahoy mates,

I play my Puerto Rico quite regularly, and I haven't had any negative comments directed at me since the winter. I did pay full price for it and got it as my Xmas present from my wife (yes, I'm THAT guy), and I do very much enjoy it. I find it to be almost as good as the Alaska and definitely not deserving of the derision that many people still shower on it. I still believe that most of that comes from anger at WG for the PR debacle and the steep price needed to purchase it. 

People who say it is a "turd" are most likely people who have never played it. Is it as good as the Alaska? Probably not, but the Alaska is a truly exceptional ship, and very few will compare favorably to it. I have both and I enjoy both.

Fair Seas

• Cool 3

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,706 posts
19,604 battles
31 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Whenever I see a Puerto Rico in game, there is usually a hateful comment made toward the ship and/or the player using it.

I really hope WG learned from that disaster.  The Odin dockyard event was much better, so I am hopeful WG won't make the Puerto Rico mistake again...

:Smile_sceptic:

Considering I spent MORE to get ODIN on day 1 than I spent on PR on last possible day.....

I don't getvanyvodin hate.

PR is much better in CB and letting Alaska be the random queen.

[PVE]
Members
224 posts
7,157 battles
1 hour ago, Yandere_Roon said:

Yeah to be fair the PR is a rare ship to see ingame and, as Desmo mentions, whenever I have seen one you'll often see players making fun of either the ship or the person asking if they "no-lifed over Christmas or spent $200 to get it...and I'm not sure which of those answers would be worse..."

or

"You know the Alaska costs a lot less and is actually a better ship right? Why waste the time OR the money on that turd?"

My Puerto Rico cost me $67.20 plus a bunch of Co-op games I was going to play anyway. (For the record, Alaska's price is $77.20)

• Thanks 1

[--K--]
Supertester
1,112 posts
10,018 battles

I've never been a point of contention playing mine, but has been discussions close to the event at how poor it was presented. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,434 posts
18,538 battles
2 hours ago, Chain_shot said:

Just play one and see if you can feel the LOVE!

[KOBK]
Members
188 posts
3,643 battles
2 hours ago, Chain_shot said:

Nah, just focus fire ingame. No hate, only love. Burning love.

[PIMPS]
Members
1,243 posts
19 minutes ago, Umikami said:

did play it today and didn't feel it.

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
1,003 posts
11,694 battles
2 hours ago, Yandere_Roon said:

or

I can imagine the few people that have the PR rarely take it out now BECAUSE of the negative feelings throughout the playerbase attached to that ship.

Yup, the Alaska is better. I have the PR as well.. The reason I do not play it much is that it burns, even if a firefly bug lands on it. It is a good boat and, personally, I don't give a damn what the child-like whiners say.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,434 posts
18,538 battles
36 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

did play it today and didn't feel it.

Well then .... there's your answer!

[FML]
Members
3,728 posts
14,850 battles
3 hours ago, Gemlin said:

1. CVs.

4. Potato's in Ranked

5. WG Reskinning Ships.

Radar?

Soviet paper ships/bias/unwanted line splits?

Or was that the previous week?

Members
460 posts
3 hours ago, BattleBard149 said:

Ahoy mates,

I play my Puerto Rico quite regularly, and I haven't had any negative comments directed at me since the winter. I did pay full price for it and got it as my Xmas present from my wife (yes, I'm THAT guy), and I do very much enjoy it. I find it to be almost as good as the Alaska and definitely not deserving of the derision that many people still shower on it. I still believe that most of that comes from anger at WG for the PR debacle and the steep price needed to purchase it. 

People who say it is a "turd" are most likely people who have never played it. Is it as good as the Alaska? Probably not, but the Alaska is a truly exceptional ship, and very few will compare favorably to it. I have both and I enjoy both.

Fair Seas

Was in mine three battles this morning.  Never got one bad comment.  Or all weekend for that matter.

[EGO]
Members
9 posts
4,333 battles

Puerto Rico has been ingame long enough now and is relatively balanced enough that with its Dockyard fiasco over, and so many new things to gripe over, players only really give minor grumbles over players who have it. I personally have it, but I haven’t played it since the last Clan Battle season, and even then it was until I was able to get the Stalingrad that I used it for its Tier X +1 turret Alaska style play. For a few weeks after getting Stalingrad, I seesawed between them, but now if I want to take a Tier X large/battle/super cruiser out for a spin, I take Stalingrad for its better dispersion and bow tankiness. But despite having a close cousin of it to play with, I don’t take it out much because I’m spending far too much time doing Research Bureau grinding, which Puerto Rico is almost less than useful for. Thus, as a proud owner of the controversial Dockyard prize, I feel that many other owners and random players would agree that Puerto Rico is just one of many issues WarGaming has thrust upon us, and as it is in the past, we don’t really have much to gripe about as we brace for the next crapStorm headed our way.

All in all, it’s a balanced Tier X cruiser that only really has a controversial debut to make it memorable. All that’s left are memories.

[INTEL]
Members
12,479 posts
34,650 battles
On 7/28/2020 at 12:51 PM, Umikami said:

Gift me one! I'll conduct the research.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,013 posts
16,141 battles

Very rarely see the Puerto Rico. When one pops up in randoms I usually see a snarky comment here and there but that's about it. So many more things to annoy people in the game that I would think it's not an issue any more. If people spent the money on it I hope they sail it. 

Rare sighting phone Memes - Imgflip

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,434 posts
18,538 battles
56 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Gift me one! I'll conduct the research.

No, I'm sorry; you'll just have to spend $ 265.00 like everyone else!

[LEGIO]
Members
3,400 posts
7,390 battles

Honestly the ship could use a buff to armament stats so it matches the guns on Alaska but the ship has such a bad rep nobody would support it.