You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
arch4random

what is a T8 kII

23 comments in this topic

Members
322 posts
23,047 battles

ran into a T8 KII ship in a ranked battle .. its not in the tech tree...  is it a super premium that was removed ?

• Funny 1

Members
778 posts
3,872 battles

Kii is an Amagi with 10km torpedoes, more HP, and better AA, in exchange for a slightly longer gun reload. It's still an Amagi, however, and that means it can't take a Derpitz in a brawl

-Shrayes

• Cool 2

[HAIFU]
[HAIFU]
Members
230 posts
6,903 battles

First of all you will not see all available premiums in the tech tree unless you are running mods. Second, Kii is available for purchase. It's not anything crazy to worry about though. Just an interesting spin on Amagi.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,440 posts
14,145 battles
1 minute ago, Thanos_Snap_ said:

First of all you will not see all available premiums in the tech tree unless you are running mods. Second, Kii is available for purchase. It's not anything crazy to worry about though. Just an interesting spin on Amagi.

But even so Kii does have Amagi’s speed, concealment, 10 hard hitting 16 inch guns, some nice 10km ranged torpedoes, and better AA than Amagi.

[WOLF3]
Members
229 posts
8,874 battles
14 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

But even so Kii does have Amagi’s speed, concealment, 10 hard hitting 16 inch guns, some nice 10km ranged torpedoes, and better AA than Amagi.

Just bought one but am annoyed its sigma is far worse than the recent two war-hammer clones that came out. Seeing as my amagi is my favorite ship its pretty much what i would expect.

Edited by Drifter_X

[O_O]
Members
6,273 posts
14,594 battles

Kii will probably return at some point.  WG is no stranger to removing premiums from sale for periods of time, only to re-introduce them in an apparent attempt to boost 'fear of loss' desirability.

[PISD]
Members
18 posts
1,006 battles
13 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Kii will probably return at some point.  WG is no stranger to removing premiums from sale for periods of time, only to re-introduce them in an apparent attempt to boost 'fear of loss' desirability.

It’s still for sale right now. 

Members
251 posts
519 battles

A fictional Amagi with torpedoes, using the name of a real design that the IJN ultimately scrapped. Yes, it is premium.

[FML]
Members
3,730 posts
14,857 battles
1 hour ago, arch4random said:

ran into a T8 KII ship in a ranked battle .. its not in the tech tree...  is it a super premium that was removed ?

K2 is a rather large hill..

• Funny 1
  • Haha 2

[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, arch4random said:

Surprise you haven't seen 1 before w/your battle count...they have been around for years.

Basically an Amagi w/10km torps...so beware of those if you ever get into a knife fight w/1.

[WOLF3]
Members
25,645 posts
22,602 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Amagi has better protection than Kii, but Kii's AA is nice with more CVs around.  Amagi IMO is better in a pure surface gunfight, but CVs will sh*t on her, while Kii will be safer.

[WOLFD]
Members
55 posts
6,456 battles

As stated above, KII is basically an Amagi. I like Amagi better, but the extra AA that KII has is worth the trade offs, in my opinion. In the right hands, she can be a formidable opponent. The guns hit hard, especially at range.  I have had pretty decent success with her in past ranked seasons by playing at range until mid to late match. Once the red Tirpitz(s) have been whittled down and are low on HP, I find that KII is more than capable of killing them in close. You wont get many Citadel hits due to the German Turtle back armor scheme but they will eat full pen damage like crazy. You just have to watch out for torps. Fighting against KII, I have found it is best to try to push in on them quickly especially if you have an opportunity to flank one using islands while it is distracted. It's armor is decent but the citadel seems to be vulnerable. As always, play to your ship's strengths and the enemy's weakness as much as possible.

[CHBK]
Members
598 posts
2,891 battles

I have one.  May favorite is when I line up a perfect broad side from like 15 km.  Im watching....oh those are on, perfect.  Bracing myself for the payoff.  Visions of citadel ribbons dancing in my head.  Then the shells literally land everywhere but the ship.

[TCCN]
Members
6 posts
5,246 battles

Don't forget, with the Kobayashi camo it's in a tie for 2nd place as highest potential credit earner in the game

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,333 posts
5,233 battles

They both eat AP bombs like crazy.

[UEFN]
Members
1,306 posts
22,134 battles

Kii is awesome and fun to play, the AP hit hard, one of my fav T8 BB along with Lenin.

[NUWES]
Members
2,990 posts
9,909 battles
12 hours ago, arch4random said:

Kii is not currently in the store, but it wasn't removed like Enterprise, Belfast and others. It's just not in the store rotation right now. I believe it comes back from time to time. 

Like other said, it is basically a different take on Amagi. The main battery layout is basically the same. I believe Kii's dispersion is a bit worse. Whether you will notice it I can't say. 

Amagi has low-angle anti-surface casemate secondaries. Kii replaces those with light dual purpose AA mounts. Amagi's work only against surface targets but are decently effective at it if buffed. Kii's DP mounts have much (much, much) better AA than Amagi does but they are worthless for anti-surface work. 

Kii has torpedoes and you can get the special camo that gives really high credit earning. Her agility is worse than Amagi's though. 

Amagi has better armor. Neither are the best armored T8 BBs to start with but Amagi's is functional at mid ranges. Kii's armor was notoriously poor. I think she got a buff to her citadel roof armor but her armor is still not good. Also her torpedo defenses are weaker than Amagi's as I recall.

If you are facing one in a non-CV, you can treat it the same as Amagi (except watch out for the 10km torps). If you are facing one (with buffed AA) in a CV your gameplay changes completely from facing Amagi. Amagi's AA is a joke. It will be lucky to shoot down anything against buffed planes. Kii's AA will actually cost you planes (if buffed). 

[UEFN]
Members
1,306 posts
22,134 battles

🤷
40 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

Kii is not currently in the store, but it wasn't removed like Enterprise, Belfast and others. It's just not in the store rotation right now. I believe it comes back from time to time. 

You guys are tripping, go to WOWs premium shop website and Kii is currently still available for sale $52.80 as of today.

kii.JPG

[BABS]
Members
239 posts
5 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

You guys are tripping, go to WOWs premium shop website and Kii is currently still available for sale $52.80 as of today.

kii.JPG

I believe you can also find it in the Armory tab for doubloon purchase, right along with the Tirpitz and others. Saw it there a few days ago.

[NUWES]
Members
2,990 posts
9,909 battles
2 hours ago, Xcalib3r said:

kii.JPG

Hmm. I should've said "If it's not in the premium shop." That's what I get for assuming people checked already. We all know what happens when you assume. lol. 

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,520 posts
4,935 battles
3 hours ago, Tzarevitch said:

Amagi has low-angle anti-surface casemate secondaries. Kii replaces those with light dual purpose AA mounts. Amagi's work only against surface targets but are decently effective at it if buffed. Kii's DP mounts have much (much, much) better AA than Amagi does but they are worthless for anti-surface work. 

Kii's secondaries are vastly superior to Amagi's for anti-surface work.  They are the 100mm IJN guns that get base level 30mm of HE penetration, the same guns as found on Akizuki, Kitakaze and Harugumo.  They also have a much higher rate of fire.

I will say that I would very much like to see their range buffed so that she could be used as a Tier VIII Shikishima.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,498 posts
10,989 battles
On 7/27/2020 at 9:47 PM, arch4random said:

as im sure many others stated, its mor or less a Amagi with torpedoes and better AA, and thats about it

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,721 posts

I have always wanted the Kii.  I have no good reason to, I have various ships that can do the things that Kii can do.  I still want it though.  Not enough to actually buy it apparently, but every time someone mentions it, I remember that I want it.

Now I am going to go look at it in the shop and barely not buy it, for the 134th time.