Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Landing_Skipper

when to quit a Ranked session

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

613
[-GPS-]
Members
2,932 posts
39,074 battles

5 battles -

Lexington win/save-a-star

Kidd 2 save-a-star

Odin save-a-star

ugh - at least I gained 1 star net

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,758
[KWF]
Members
6,361 posts
7,145 battles

I would recommend you stick to a ship a bit more. I don't know about you or which Rank bracket you are, but going with something that you are comfortable with can have better results at times than switching up ships constantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,814
[--K--]
Members
5,423 posts
18,717 battles

Rank is Garbage.

Rank with Carriers is Rancid Garbage.  

Rank should be removed as a game mode. 

When I watch all my hard work go down the drain because of a Carrier who can't find their W key or a Team mate AFK the first minutes of the battle or my Team Mate yolo in and die I get so frustrated with WG I want to smack them with their Spread Sheet. 

  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,107
[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,822 battles
16 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

RIGHT BEFORE YOU CLICK "BATTLE'

This .... because you can't lose if you don't play!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,934
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,324 posts
14,923 battles

When you start to feel frustrated and this would apply to normal gaming too.

Just now, RedSeaBear said:

Rank is Garbage.

Rank with Carriers is Rancid Garbage.  

Rank should be removed as a game mode. 

When I watch all my hard work go down the drain because of a Carrier who can't find their W key or a Team mate AFK the first minutes of the battle or my Team Mate yolo in and die I get so frustrated with WG I want to smack them with their Spread Sheet. 

Ranked with save a star is the problem. Make advancing based on base experience with the top seven advancing and the bottom seven going backwards.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
613
[-GPS-]
Members
2,932 posts
39,074 battles
2 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I would recommend you stick to a ship a bit more. I don't know about you or which Rank bracket you are, but going with something that you are comfortable with can have better results at times than switching up ships constantly.

I understand your point; however, I was trying to find a ship that I could win in.  Typically I stick with a ship when it starts winning.  Saving 4 stars kinda shows I know how to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
613
[-GPS-]
Members
2,932 posts
39,074 battles
3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

When you start to feel frustrated and this would apply to normal gaming too.

Ranked with save a star is the problem. Make advancing based on base experience with the top seven advancing and the bottom seven going backwards.

I've been saying that for years...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21
[KSC]
Supertester
45 posts
10,533 battles

I usually call it a day when I reach my goal (usually a certain rank). If I have 3 losses in a row, I stop playing ranked for the day. Regardless of if I save my star or not.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,224
[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,454 posts
23,798 battles

When you teach Rank 12. Below Rank 12 it turns into a grindfest and there are no irrevocable ranks. I only go to 11 to get that last bit of steel. And Rank 10 only provides a flag. I am done for the season...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
616
[PELTS]
Beta Testers
2,143 posts
30,066 battles
16 minutes ago, cthuhulu said:

How about a nice game of chess?

Well said Joshua!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

When you start to feel frustrated and this would apply to normal gaming too.

Ranked with save a star is the problem. Make advancing based on base experience with the top seven advancing and the bottom seven going backwards.

Okay. I would totally go for this. Would make ranking out so much easier! Would the win bonus be applied to the decision or some other base XP that ignored who won and lost. 

Of course, this would take out the excitement of those come-from-behind wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,934
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,324 posts
14,923 battles
1 minute ago, mrieder79 said:

Okay. I would totally go for this. Would make ranking out so much easier! Would the win bonus be applied to the decision or some other base XP that ignored who won and lost. 

Of course, this would take out the excitement of those come-from-behind wins.

The second tab's number so winning would be a benefit but doing better than some on the winning team is good for you.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
484
[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,883 battles

Quit when you want to. I did. Better yet, don't even play Ranked. It's  'rank'.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×