Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
pepe_trueno

where would you put this ship?

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
402 posts
3,800 battles

looking around i run into rhis german BB, the Deutschland class 

yvk1qwscebr01.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

displacement: 14200 when loaded (lighter than nassau)

127 meters long

armor: 100-240mm belt armor with 40mm deck armor

main guns: 4 x 280mm

secondary guns: 14 x 170mm,  22 x 88MM 

speed 18.5 KTS

aparently it got multiple refits including a convertion to AA ship :Smile_teethhappy:

would be nice to see it as a t5 ship, it has fewer guns, lower health and less armor than its tech tree counterpar but those 170mm secondary guns combined with a significant concealment advantage due to its small size could make it a fun ship, The ship base concealment should be around 9km since its quite small and the secondary guns should get around 5 to 5.5km of base range. 

                        

Edited by pepe_trueno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,575
[KWF]
Members
4,168 posts
6,337 battles

Tier II since it's a pre-dread design with small main battery.

If you are looking for something tier V, Seydlitz or Derfflinger should be viable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,910
[--K--]
Members
6,709 posts
14,546 battles

T1? It isn't even the same size as Mikasa and has smaller guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,122
[SALVO]
Members
3,345 posts
3,274 battles

where would you put this ship?

in a CV free environment... unless those 22 x 88mm happen to be of the flak variety, in which case it can be a good fit for T4 ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,337
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,430 posts
18,535 battles
42 minutes ago, pepe_trueno said:

would be nice to see it as a t5 ship

If you put that dumptruck at tier 5 it would get thrashed for breakfast. That beast is pre-dreadnaught. As far as where it should go, why not ask an expert, @Lert, who knows the German Navy quite well and has advocated for many of them to be included in the game. When in doubt, ask the Black Kat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,490
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,656 posts
13,997 battles
16 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

where would you put this ship?

in a CV free environment... unless those 22 x 88mm happen to be of the flak variety, in which case it can be a good fit for T4 ...

It is the same gun but the mount is pure anti-ship.

As for tier I would put it with the Mikasa at tier 2 even with the smaller main guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,787
[SYN]
Members
15,719 posts
12,778 battles

That german ship would fit in T2

There are some other oddities that could fit in for T2 "battleships" as well.
For example: Pennsylvania-class (4x 8inch, 14x 6inch guns) and Tennessee-class (4x 10inch, 16x 6inch guns) armored cruisers.
Both of them displace more than Mikasa and both are pre-dreadnoughts that are more in line with being a battlecruiser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
144
[PRMUS]
Members
842 posts
2,132 battles
1 hour ago, pepe_trueno said:

looking around i run into rhis german BB, the Deutschland class 

yvk1qwscebr01.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

displacement: 14200 when loaded (lighter than nassau)

127 meters long

armor: 100-240mm belt armor with 40mm deck armor

main guns: 4 x 280mm

secondary guns: 14 x 170mm,  22 x 88MM 

speed 18.5 KTS

aparently it got multiple refits including a convertion to AA ship :Smile_teethhappy:

would be nice to see it as a t5 ship, it has fewer guns, lower health and less armor than its tech tree counterpar but those 170mm secondary guns combined with a significant concealment advantage due to its small size could make it a fun ship, The ship base concealment should be around 9km since its quite small and the secondary guns should get around 5 to 5.5km of base range. 

                        

Tier 2. Germany only major nation with no semi dreadnoughts and even those are probably going to be T2. It appears T1 is just a training tier with a lot of weak ships from later eras. Everything pre dreadnought/battlecruiser is probably going to be at T2 if it ever comes out(which I really hope it does). .

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
616
[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
725 posts
1,640 battles

Tier 11 obviously 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31,401
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,564 posts
17,892 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

If you put that dumptruck at tier 5 it would get thrashed for breakfast. That beast is pre-dreadnaught. As far as where it should go, why not ask an expert, @Lert, who knows the German Navy quite well and has advocated for many of them to be included in the game. When in doubt, ask the Black Kat!

Tier 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
821
[HC]
Beta Testers
2,838 posts
12,488 battles

Tier 2, and while overall she would probably be slightly weaker than Mikasa, you could improve the accuracy of the 11" guns slightly to bring her right in line with Mikasa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
81 posts
1,936 battles

I think it's surprising German class of ship that's not in the game are those pre dreads they were allowed to keep post WWI and fired the first shots of WWII. I know Hessen was turned into a remote controlled AA battery ship.

SMS Schleswig-Holstein

Bundesarchiv DVM 10 Bild-23-63-47, Linienschiff "Schleswig-Holstein".jpg

Edited by jondoom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,337
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,430 posts
18,535 battles
1 hour ago, SgtBeltfed said:

you could improve the accuracy of the 11" guns slightly to bring her right in line with Mikasa.

You mean nerf the accuracy of the 11" guns to make her equal to Mikasa; Mikasa having like the worst dispersion in the game. Her crap accuracy is legendary!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
710
[REVY]
Members
2,129 posts
11,581 battles
14 hours ago, pepe_trueno said:

would be nice to see it as a t5 ship,

uh no

even the German High Seas fleet left them behind after Jutland.

Even in their most updated form at the start of WW2 they were still hopelessly outdated and overmatched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,928
[ARGSY]
Members
18,810 posts
13,107 battles

An easy T2. The 11-inch gun is not that disadvantaged vs. 12-inch at the ranges these things were designed to fight at IRL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
821
[HC]
Beta Testers
2,838 posts
12,488 battles
18 hours ago, Umikami said:

You mean nerf the accuracy of the 11" guns to make her equal to Mikasa; Mikasa having like the worst dispersion in the game. Her crap accuracy is legendary!

 Deutschland has smaller guns, so they would do less damage. So her guns would be slightly more accurate than Mikasa. I'm working under the assumption that tier 2 battleship accuracy is supposed to be crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,337
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,430 posts
18,535 battles
3 hours ago, SgtBeltfed said:

 Deutschland has smaller guns, so they would do less damage. So her guns would be slightly more accurate than Mikasa. I'm working under the assumption that tier 2 battleship accuracy is supposed to be crap.

WG seems to think so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
264
[NEMO]
Members
452 posts
1,310 battles

Where would I put that ship...........................................on the bottom if I could get a team that kept the rest of them off my bra straps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
186 posts
1,305 battles
On 7/27/2020 at 8:47 PM, warheart1992 said:

If you are looking for something tier V, Seydlitz or Derfflinger should be viable.

Both ships would be awesome additions to WoWs. The Iron Dog (Derfflinger) could dish it out, and Seydlitz could definitely take it (as proven at Jutland - seriously, if Seydlitz is introduced to WoWs and doesn't have the highest HP in her tier I'll be very disappointed).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×