Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Nothing worse than a loss like this

7 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,642 posts

Well you give it the best you can given the circumstances: 

RFVCUqfWseG-U2R5C8jC8TsoJ084bJ7fiZg3jnZ-Un34Qc42SKOLUqCi6wrO7guO-TVxRshfw-8qHugIl2570b63sMYVnj2Lm5vp3KgLQPzy0kiTddsiU_Xj4xn40JlqukD8cWnS

We were down a few hundred points, three ships to one carrier. I ask two other ships to stay afloat. Meanwhile I'm whittling down the enemy carrier.

We are getting so close to winning when I see in chat: 

"Duhmm" and see one of our team got sunk. This, after we fought and clawed our way back. It was about to be an epic comeback. Epic I tell you. 

I was less than 20 seconds, maybe 15 from sinking the carrier. Team mate was determine to sink the carrier. 

Folks - there's almost no other ship in the game that's as dangerous to your ship's help than a carrier alone at the end of a match, fighting to save it's win. 

I can't comp him now cause the time ran out for comps. But you played well GG and well done victory for your team. 

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[BRSI]
Members
55 posts
2,270 battles

I once was in a battle and it was just two CVs left. All our CV had to do to win was get a cap. Instead they sailed away from the cap to the corner and tried to attack the other CV. Did not even get close to sinking it and we lost.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,642 posts
37 minutes ago, MollyGodiva said:

I once was in a battle and it was just two CVs left. All our CV had to do to win was get a cap. Instead they sailed away from the cap to the corner and tried to attack the other CV. Did not even get close to sinking it and we lost.

ruff 4 sure

Members
4,251 posts
9,269 battles
2 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Well you give it the best you can given the circumstances: 

RFVCUqfWseG-U2R5C8jC8TsoJ084bJ7fiZg3jnZ-Un34Qc42SKOLUqCi6wrO7guO-TVxRshfw-8qHugIl2570b63sMYVnj2Lm5vp3KgLQPzy0kiTddsiU_Xj4xn40JlqukD8cWnS

We were down a few hundred points, three ships to one carrier. I ask two other ships to stay afloat. Meanwhile I'm whittling down the enemy carrier.

We are getting so close to winning when I see in chat: 

"Duhmm" and see one of our team got sunk. This, after we fought and clawed our way back. It was about to be an epic comeback. Epic I tell you. 

I was less than 20 seconds, maybe 15 from sinking the carrier. Team mate was determine to sink the carrier. 

Folks - there's almost no other ship in the game that's as dangerous to your ship's help than a carrier alone at the end of a match, fighting to save it's win. 

I can't comp him now cause the time ran out for comps. But you played well GG and well done victory for your team. 

Tough break.

Better luck next time.  :-)

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,642 posts
1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Tough break.

Better luck next time.  :-)

Thanks... that's probably a month's worth luck right there. :cap_haloween:

Members
2,886 posts
5,541 battles

Yeah, CV games with few survivors can really come down to who's paying attention to time remaining and points on the board - if you have low-health ships, is it better to scatter and hide and wait out the clock? Should you try to huddle up for better AA? Rush the cap? Rush the enemy CV? I've had several cliffhanger ranked battles this season where it came down to canny play and making good decisions about fighting versus hiding.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,642 posts
On 7/28/2020 at 9:42 AM, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Yeah, CV games with few survivors can really come down to who's paying attention to time remaining and points on the board - if you have low-health ships, is it better to scatter and hide and wait out the clock? Should you try to huddle up for better AA? Rush the cap? Rush the enemy CV? I've had several cliffhanger ranked battles this season where it came down to canny play and making good decisions about fighting versus hiding.

My way of thinking is weirdly different than many others... but in the match I described, memory is foggy, but I said stay afloat. I was drawn away from my attack runs at least once if not twice to drop air support. I probably ought not to have diverted as i did, as I most likely would have had time to nuke the carrier in those missing 20 seconds. Still, had I not dropped air, the red carrier may have nuked my other team mate. So it's tough.

I have the mod which gives you the clocks telling you how much time before both sides wins. It is immensely helpful in situations like this. I think it is so important, it should be an option in the UI options. 

Sign in to follow this