Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Venac

CV in Clan Battles.

13 comments in this topic

Members
422 posts

I do not play clan battles, but a bunch of my in game friends do. They all hate the idea of CV in clan battles. I asked their reason/reasons and they all pretty much said the same thing. They ruin tactics and team planning do to spotting. They said that CV were not let into CB in the past for that very reason and do not understand why WG has changed their mind on that. Not many said anything about CV doing damage to ships it was pretty much all about spotting they complained about. I am just wondering how CB players here feel about CV in CB. 

Edited by Venac
  • Cool 7
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,200 posts
5,953 battles

Probably could just use the search function and check the other 30 or so threads about it?    And to repeat a oft point brought up  in these threads - why does it matter if you don't play CBs?     Asking for a friend  

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 6

[SALVO]
[SALVO]
Members
1,662 posts
5,897 battles
28 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

- why does it matter if you don't play CBs?

Seems to be awful important for quite a number of non CB players that CVs are included in CB. 

Same goes the other way I guess. 

Personally I think that it has to do with other team competitive modes in other games.   I.e. if something makes it into a team competitive mode then in general it should be balanced or it’s viewed as legit. 

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,857 posts
12,497 battles

Not that I play clan battles, too small a clan, and we're not on at the same time anyway.

Clan battles are at tier 6 this time around, and not the usual tier 10.

Having someone grind out a tier 10 CV and develop the skills so a clan can be competitive might be asking a bit much. Handing out a free Hak to someone who doesn't know what they're doing is a recipe for disaster. Grinding a tier 6 with the skills to use it, not that big a deal.

There's currently 5 tier 6 CV's, there's only 3 tier 10's. and all the tier 6 CV's are reasonably different, but fairly equal if they're not uptiered.

Tier 6 CV's don't have the same impact on a tier 6 match as tier 10 CV's have on a tier 10 match.

[BUNNY]
Members
536 posts
10,455 battles
3 hours ago, iRA6E said:

Probably could just use the search function and check the other 30 or so threads about it?    And to repeat a oft point brought up  in these threads - why does it matter if you don't play CBs?     Asking for a friend  

I am glad non CB players care about it. You would be surprised how many of us who do play CB are glad non CB players care. I do not care that CV are in random, but I truly do think they do not belong in CB. The OP is correct that CV kill any strats you may come up with to be sneaky or how you plan your push. I love the game, but CV in CB is just a bad idea and I like playing CV... liked RTS more though. 

Edited by Primal__Fear
  • Cool 4

[BUNNY]
Members
536 posts
10,455 battles
2 hours ago, Antean said:

Why not? Any Clan of Worth will have a Unicum CV player.  Are you a CV hater, OP? In that case, you have no credibility - like all CV haters.

Dude did you even read the post. It is not about CV hate it is about how CV in clan battles kill all strats by spotting what teams are doing right at the start. Good CV bad CV players is not what it is about either. Spotting is what it is about period. And he is correct most CB players hate that CV are in CB. 

Edited by Primal__Fear
  • Cool 5
  • Meh 1

[O7]
Members
1,476 posts
10,433 battles
4 hours ago, Antean said:

Why not? Any Clan of Worth will have a Unicum CV player.  Are you a CV hater, OP? In that case, you have no credibility - like all CV haters.

what does this sentence even mean, ive read it 4 times and havent figured out your point?

• Cool 4

[-VT-]
Members
754 posts
23,893 battles
4 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

what does this sentence even mean, ive read it 4 times and havent figured out your point?

Its sarcasm;  normally if you infer that CVs are bad in any way that then there is normally a group that come out and rattles off a bunch of nonsensical reason why you complaint has no merit ending up at a point where they just call you a hater vice addressing the point.

Hater = you must be irrational because you know..... your a hater lol

[-VT-]
Members
754 posts
23,893 battles
12 hours ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Not that I play clan battles, too small a clan, and we're not on at the same time anyway.

Clan battles are at tier 6 this time around, and not the usual tier 10.

Having someone grind out a tier 10 CV and develop the skills so a clan can be competitive might be asking a bit much. Handing out a free Hak to someone who doesn't know what they're doing is a recipe for disaster. Grinding a tier 6 with the skills to use it, not that big a deal.

There's currently 5 tier 6 CV's, there's only 3 tier 10's. and all the tier 6 CV's are reasonably different, but fairly equal if they're not uptiered.

Tier 6 CV's don't have the same impact on a tier 6 match as tier 10 CV's have on a tier 10 match.

While I partially agree with the statement; "Tier 6 CV's don't have the same impact on a tier 6 match as tier 10 CV's have on a tier 10 match."  Clan battle is a 7 vs 7 match which is the core element of issues with CVs in clan battles, smaller numbers of ships, and smaller maps is a force multiplier for CV. 

This multiplier is what causes much of the angst.  

Everything strong about a CV is now greater because of the format it only has 6 or 7 ships to deal with, with no real AA nightmare for them to possibly deal with.  It forces teams into a pretty much set battle. If they take a BB bring a bunch of Graf's due there large amount of HP, hydro and decent AA. Or just bring all smoke cruiser stay hidden and burn the other team down, bring your own CV to spot while you do that. Just boring, that my general complaint his season. CV has turned this current clan battles into a boring event. I will say it again as I have said many time in the 7 vs 7 format allow only one of any ship, no two of anything, stop the meme teams.  If you want CV fine increase to 9 vs 9 but only one of any ship  

• Cool 4

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,857 posts
12,497 battles
10 hours ago, vikingno2 said:

While I partially agree with the statement; "Tier 6 CV's don't have the same impact on a tier 6 match as tier 10 CV's have on a tier 10 match."  Clan battle is a 7 vs 7 match which is the core element of issues with CVs in clan battles, smaller numbers of ships, and smaller maps is a force multiplier for CV. 

This multiplier is what causes much of the angst.  

Everything strong about a CV is now greater because of the format it only has 6 or 7 ships to deal with, with no real AA nightmare for them to possibly deal with.  It forces teams into a pretty much set battle. If they take a BB bring a bunch of Graf's due there large amount of HP, hydro and decent AA. Or just bring all smoke cruiser stay hidden and burn the other team down, bring your own CV to spot while you do that. Just boring, that my general complaint his season. CV has turned this current clan battles into a boring event. I will say it again as I have said many time in the 7 vs 7 format allow only one of any ship, no two of anything, stop the meme teams.  If you want CV fine increase to 9 vs 9 but only one of any ship  

It's a smaller map and teams, v/s better team coordination.

True the smaller map and smaller team size helps the CV's, but team coordination is the bane of CV's.

In clan battles, there's no excuse for not having team coordination.

Also, with smaller teams, as long as the team doesn't scatter to the four winds, your CV actually has a chance to provide some air cover. Which doesn't really work well in a 12v12 Randoms, as someones always running around on their own, so far away from the CV or anything else worth protecting to be worth the effort.

[BB22]
Members
557 posts
6,664 battles

We have been rolling with a bb and a lot of aggression, its more fun and suits our playstyle better. We arent headed to hurricane either since we have a hard time keeping people interested with the boring spee/smoke/cv meta

So I will agree that Cvs make the format less interesting.  

• Cool 1

Members
198 posts
5 battles

It's been a really fun season so far.  Morale and enjoyment are both very high in our clan.  1-2 DD's are very viable, so that's a significant improvement on last season (no Venezia equivalent at T6!), and after the initial Spee spam (everyone always tries the simple builds first, then the meta develops with time), the line ups have been fairly varied.

Overall this is definitely one of the better seasons, probably better than last season, and definitely more enjoyable than every other T10 season.  More seasons at T6 and T8 would be great thanks!

• Boring 1

Members
5,235 posts

A lot of the CV hatred is about control.  Purples and streamers are used to rolling the map day in day out, and a lot of the time they are the best vision control person on the entire map on a given match, but CVs don't let them do that all the time...and they hate it.  It's all about control, and CVs sow chaos in their advantages.

Pretty damned simple, really.  

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

Sign in to follow this