Hapa_Fodder

Naval Base Update in 0.9.7

21 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,848 posts
13,300 battles

We thought it would be handy to remind you what Clans are, why it’s a great idea to join one, and what in-game bonuses they can provide.

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 5

[KWF]
Members
4,183 posts
6,343 battles

Pretty decent article, but WG forgot one important part when it comes to Clan search. 

Reminding people that they can also ask for a clan in Global Chat as well as use the relevant forum section dedicated to clan recruitment. Quite a few clans recruit in these  manners so it would be good to include them.

• Cool 1

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
90 posts

I like the improvements a lot. Some additional features I would like to see would help improve participation by clan members. I have a core of players who I can count on playing Naval Battles every week, which benefits the entire clan, yet nothing extra is given to them despite generating large amounts of oil for us. In addition I have been trying to encourage Clan Battles, and have been getting some participation, but I have no real tangible reward to offer a clan member for showing up to participate. Maybe an addition percent of Coal or additional resource containers of some sort would be helpful, or some sort of building that only those who participate are eligible to join. I'm sure there are other ideas that could be helpful, these are just off the top of my head, I would be interested in any thoughts on the idea.

• Cool 3

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
672 posts
8,580 battles
42 minutes ago, ArtyAardvark said:

I like the improvements a lot. Some additional features I would like to see would help improve participation by clan members. I have a core of players who I can count on playing Naval Battles every week, which benefits the entire clan, yet nothing extra is given to them despite generating large amounts of oil for us. In addition I have been trying to encourage Clan Battles, and have been getting some participation, but I have no real tangible reward to offer a clan member for showing up to participate. Maybe an addition percent of Coal or additional resource containers of some sort would be helpful, or some sort of building that only those who participate are eligible to join. I'm sure there are other ideas that could be helpful, these are just off the top of my head, I would be interested in any thoughts on the idea.

We typically use coal in the treasury for rewards but I see your point if you are trying to organize them still. CB rewards compared to other game modes are pretty good imo. Steel, flags, credits, more oil, free xp, etc. with this new update perhaps it would be better to give an option to give containers individually at a reduced cost instead of the whole clan in this circumstance.

• Cool 1

[DPG]
Supertester
606 posts
14,869 battles

It's great to see some new additions to the clan bases! 

IsThatreallyTheplan,  the treasury is actually fairly easy as it sits right now... You access it under your clan tab in game. 

Can see what resources have been built up by clan battles and brawl participation of the entire clan, and to distribute, a roster of your clan appears, the leadership can select members and what to divide between them... The easiest resource to earn is coal, will be interesting to see the addition of the new crates and such. And I agree, hopefully the new addition of crates will be intuitive, or more details of administering come during the update they launch on

I generally try to distribute the coal we earn after each event between the members who participated to keep things fair. 

Below is a video I put together several months ago mainly for captains who haven't joined a clan yet, to help show your  options, and what you've been missing out on. Or even start one of your own... 

And keep in mind, there are a wide variety of clans from the lone wolf clans with Mottos like 'we look forward to not meeting you',  that do not require any team play, to the most active competitive clans with weekly events and high commitment to suit everyone playstyle. Most captains will fit in somewhere in between... 

Edited by Karandar
  • Cool 1

[DPG]
Supertester
606 posts
14,869 battles
Just now, HuskerBill said:

Does it cost anything to start a clan?

1000 doubloons

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
90 posts
2 hours ago, ArtyAardvark said:

1 hour ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

We typically use coal in the treasury for rewards but I see your point if you are trying to organize them still. CB rewards compared to other game modes are pretty good imo. Steel, flags, credits, more oil, free xp, etc. with this new update perhaps it would be better to give an option to give containers individually at a reduced cost instead of the whole clan in this circumstance.

It took me forever to get participation in Naval Battles, now that people are doing them and seeing the results, participation is pretty good. Lots of free oil for little effort is a good thing, but its not obvious to them until they can be persuaded to ACTUALLY play them a few times. My point is if there is nothing to offer to get members to participate in the first place, and get used to doing it and seeing the benefits, nobody shows up. Telling them there are good rewards to be had is not the same as saying, here is the reward I will give you NOW to do this. The majority of my clan are lone wolf players and co-op players, as are many clans, and they need a bit of coaxing to get together, knowing it will be pvp play that they already don't have much experience with, and they will probably lose a LOT of games they play before seeing any real rewards from it. If they don't play together a while they will never develop any kind of team awareness.

• Cool 1

[DPG]
Supertester
606 posts
14,869 battles
21 minutes ago, ArtyAardvark said:

It took me forever to get participation in Naval Battles, now that people are doing them and seeing the results, participation is pretty good. Lots of free oil for little effort is a good thing, but its not obvious to them until they can be persuaded to ACTUALLY play them a few times. My point is if there is nothing to offer to get members to participate in the first place, and get used to doing it and seeing the benefits, nobody shows up. Telling them there are good rewards to be had is not the same as saying, here is the reward I will give you NOW to do this. The majority of my clan are lone wolf players and co-op players, as are many clans, and they need a bit of coaxing to get together, knowing it will be pvp play that they already don't have much experience with, and they will probably lose a LOT of games they play before seeing any real rewards from it. If they don't play together a while they will never develop any kind of team awareness.

My clan is quite active and to say it took a little coaxing is an understatement. 

From the older days we originally formed, we have a couple of lone wolves, and we are active in every aspect of the game, regularly division up together, many of us have developed quite decent friendships. 

After several weeks of asking, reminding, semi begging for participation, I made it mandatory to participate. 

I don't care if they are away for the weekend and don't get a chance, but if members are playing, it is a matter of clicking the participate toggle, and even low tier ships can earn a star..(i didn't have to boot anyone btw, that would have actually pained me) 

Since then, in the 75 weeks since naval battles launched, we've won 52, tied 4, and lost 19, most in tight races... The guys are awesome, regularly divving up to work towards it, in close weekends late on Sunday, often two of us will play pure support, spotting, tanking, even not finishing a target to allow our team mate the kill for the xp etc... Its been really good for team building. 

And that team work makes clan brawl success better, which also helps us in clan battles, although we've opted out of this one for the first time ever. CV's need some spotting changes before they are even a little healthy for clan battles. 

But I digress... The naval base, and naval battles have been excellent additions to the game! 

• Cool 2

[BEARS]
[BEARS]
Members
1 post
19,176 battles

in the Article it mentions the amount of oil needed to unlock the construction of the expansion, is that oil to date or additional oil after the update?  And how do I check to see how much oil to date we have earned?

Edited by wolfracer_1
additional question
  • Cool 1

[DPG]
Supertester
606 posts
14,869 battles
6 hours ago, wolfracer_1 said:

in the Article it mentions the amount of oil needed to unlock the construction of the expansion, is that oil to date or additional oil after the update?  And how do I check to see how much oil to date we have earned?

As far as seeing how much total oil a clan has earned - I am unaware of anywhere that shows that - So WG, , could that be added for us please?  Easiest place would be in the clan members screen where it already shows what each of the members has contributed to the clan - could add an extra line that includes "Past members contributions"  and then a total oil number at the very bottom(or top) of that column

As to the cost to build the new facilities: 

from what i can see the research point booster is 90, 140, 220K , and that should be oil required for each stage of construction - so 450,000 oil total needed ... 

The container bundles for clan mates looks slightly different than the upgrades we have had so far .. 

Looks like we need to have generated a certain amount of oil clan wide before we will be able to build the  upgrades, then more oil to unlock bundles.

So required to have earned between 500,000 and 2 million oil, this will allow us to build the 4 stages of the building for 5, 10, 20 & 50k oil ... once these stages are built it looks like we have the ability to spend oil: 5, 30 & 80k oil to get single, 5x or super containers for all clan mates  - but this is also time restricted to once every 30, 60 & 180 days for the 3 bundles - looks like the very last unlock allows you to pay 2x the cost in oil to buy bundles before their renewal period ... a little complex, but should make more sense once we see it go live ... 

All in all, looks pretty solid - and like we need to grow our clan to maximize the rewards! 

[SBSBB]
Members
11 posts
2,603 battles

I've only been playing this game for a bit over half a year and joined a Clan shortly after starting.  I think it's one of the best features of the game.   Our Clan is a very low-key undemanding one, primarily for the benefit of the members in basic bonuses from the Port.   It's not a very competitive one and places no demands on its members, beyond at least a reasonable, basic level of activity (without activity no oil accumulates and new bonuses do not accrue).  But there are almost as many different kinds of Clans as there are members!  There are some that are very competitive and collaborative, some that are very undemanding and low key, others that are very social.   There seems to be everything from social clubs, to competitive squads, to mutual benefit collectives, to BUDS.   I think it's safe to say there are almost an infinite array of choices to suit the preferences of everyone!  Personally I'd prefer to see a bit more communications and collaboration, but I do not want to appear at all demanding or evangelical.  To me it's enough that people play.  I do not want others (in this Clan, at least) to feel pressured or 'measured up' (clear enough from my own rather stats), but to feel as much a valued member of the Clan as any Top Tier unicum, whether playing Co-op, or Random or Scenarios, or whatever!  Naturally I like to see our people win (and collect containers...and oil), but that there's a place that's not demanding or judgemental.  There's plenty of that in WoWS anyway (after all it IS a competitive game and that's going to be there, naturally, in any event). 

As a relative Newbie and definitely not high level player I would recommend ALL new players to take at look around at the available Clans, and join one they think suits their play habits, goals and style!  If one cannot be found players willing to throw a few shekels at it might consider forming a new one too, if they have a few 'like minded' fellow players to join in.  

Cpt. N. Smalls, USS Planter

• Cool 2

[DPG]
Supertester
606 posts
14,869 battles
On 7/29/2020 at 9:28 PM, Wingslinger said:

I've lost track.  When does 0.9.7 drop?

According to wows gamer blog it says 4 days, 13 hours from now :) 

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,842 posts
15,027 battles

While your at it, would you mind adding an Oil storage or refinery to increase the rate of getting oil? smaller clans would greatly benefit from this!:fish_book:

[OGF]
Members
885 posts
29,879 battles
22 hours ago, Karandar said:

According to wows gamer blog it says 4 days, 13 hours from now :) 

Thank you, Sir!  o7

[OGF]
Members
885 posts
29,879 battles
20 hours ago, BladedPheonix said:

While your at it, would you mind adding an Oil storage or refinery to increase the rate of getting oil? smaller clans would greatly benefit from this!:fish_book:

Okey dokey, Okie.  ;)

[SLDS]
Members
800 posts
6,037 battles
On 7/28/2020 at 9:18 AM, ArtyAardvark said:

I started doing Naval Battles a few months ago.  I like PVE, so Clan Battles weren't going to do it for me, but NB allowed me to contribute something other than just oil to my clan by opening containers.

What I'd like would be for an expansion to NB (or something similar) that provides a more strategic element to WoWS.  It would be nice if we're fighting battles on certain maps because we were pushing to capture a resource or defending one.  It doesn't have to be direct PVP either.  A points system would suffice plenty here.

• Cool 1

[1984]
Members
3,933 posts
18,961 battles

PM me if you are a NA player and want to play clan battles in EU prime time. 

1984 has a fully upgraded clan base and we use voice on discord.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,307 posts
14,515 battles

Good article. Some of the changes looks promising for the Clan Treasury and the Research Institute. Plus the populating of your port with ships depending on how much activity has happened. Very nice, good job! :cap_like: