You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Xcalib3r

Bots as teammate in Clan Battles

Bots as teammate in Clan Battles  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a bot as fill in?

• Yay
    • Nay

16 comments in this topic

[UEFN]
Members
1,314 posts
22,210 battles

When we only had 6 out 7 clan members online and couldn't drop the CB match due to the missing 7th member, how we wished we have the option to just let a bot fill the position so we could roll with 6 members + 1 bot.  WG please let us use bots as fill in!

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,045 posts
18,176 battles

Would prefer to get with 1 less

[ARA-I]
[ARA-I]
Members
61 posts
1,689 battles

A bot would be completely ineffective against a coordinated clan team.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,732 posts

Have you met the coop bots?

It would result in a loss nearly every time.  Recruiting nearly any player, no matter how bad, would be a much better option.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
1,930 posts
24,230 battles
11 minutes ago, barbaroja_Ar said:

Would prefer to get with 1 less

I used to think so too.  But a couple of years ago a group of us were in a community run tournament (Shipstorm I think) and one of our guys was running a little late so we had to start the first match with one bot (which the rules allowed).  Our DD bot, Popov, charged straight into the middle/B cap, capped it, and then ran back to us!!!!   We kept that middle cap for half the match and Popov lived for almost half the match as well, which gave us the points lead and the win.

P.S.  We wanted to use Popov again but our last guy showed up for the next match!!  :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,045 posts
18,176 battles
3 minutes ago, Merc85 said:

I used to think so too.  But a couple of years ago a group of us were in a community run tournament (Shipstorm I think) and one of our guys was running a little late so we had to start the first match with one bot (which the rules allowed).  Our DD bot, Popov, charged straight into the middle/B cap, capped it, and then ran back to us!!!!   We kept that middle cap for half the match and Popov lived for almost half the match as well, which gave us the points lead and the win.

P.S.  We wanted to use Popov again but our last guy showed up for the next match!!  :Smile_hiding:

May be you can even make :Popov a member of the clan.

Never seen a level 10 bot not suiciding. But seems :Popov is one of a kind.

[OO7]
Members
429 posts
26,274 battles

If you want to play clan battles and can't find 7 players regularly, you should seek a merger with a similarly skilled clan, or recruit more active players. 

[IROCZ]
Members
237 posts
18,655 battles

RECRUIT A LONE PLAYER FROM THE LOOKIN FOR A DIV SECTION FROM OTHER CLANS SHORT ON PLAYERS,  err caps

or a few players,   so 2 clans dont have enough players let them combine just for that night, or every night clans run

sounds good ?

a clan battle merge option for clan battle nights

panama

Edited by panamaz28

[CO-OP]
Members
804 posts
21,857 battles

Since the red team gains points, and you lose points for losing a ship, it seems you would be better off playing without a bot.  The only exception would be if you all decide to make a banzai charge with the bot in the lead.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,472 posts
18,553 battles

In my opinion, the only thing a bot would do in a Clan battle would be to give the red clan something to focus their fire on for the first 30 seconds of the match.

Members
263 posts
520 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

Have you met the coop bots?

Why use Co-Op bots? Use the Operation bots. They were tried in Co-Op & players' winrates in Co-Op dropped by 75%.

[UEFN]
Members
1,314 posts
22,210 battles
1 hour ago, Merc85 said:

I would like to recruit :Popov:, sounds like a good clan member to have around on standby yo!  lol  

If you guys have played co-op or operation, you'd know how effective bots can be in juking shells, dodging torps, making last-minute maneuver like a pro, accurate aim, and they would focus fire and finish off low hp ship!  Bots are significantly more intelligent than the majority of the random scrubs you picked up out of the woodwork! Set the bots loose and let them do its thing.  :-p

Edited by Xcalib3r

[SOFOP]
Members
2,364 posts
13,810 battles
1 hour ago, barbaroja_Ar said:

May be you can even make :Popov a member of the clan.

Never seen a level 10 bot not suiciding. But seems :Popov is one of a kind.

From what I have seen, the bots will head toward the middle of the map, essentially looking for a ram.  If they get halfway to the other side and there are no viable targets, then they start driving around and occasionally will drive back to spawn.  Usually they have a target by then and go after it, but not always.

Regarding OP - perhaps just let teams go 1 short instead of adding a bot?  

Beta Testers
4,550 posts
10,936 battles

Does this mean i could do CB with 6 Bots on my team ?!

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
1,930 posts
24,230 battles
2 hours ago, barbaroja_Ar said:

May be you can even make :Popov a member of the clan.   We tried to but he declined!!!

Never seen a level 10 bot not suiciding. But seems :Popov is one of a kind.  Me either, which is why it was so shocking.

[ARA-I]
[ARA-I]
Members
61 posts
1,689 battles
17 minutes ago, Spyde said:

Does this mean i could do CB with 6 Bots on my team ?!

If you think about, it'd be highly exploitable, since one could create "feeder" bot clans real ones could use to pad their rise through the leagues.