You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Koogus

Random dumb premium CV idea

14 comments in this topic

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
740 posts
1,641 battles

Recently got the idea from someone giving ideas for a ijn tier 6 premium CV.

I HAVE DISCOVERED THE PERFECT FIT FOR A TIER 5 OR 6 PREMIUM IJN  CV........Akitsu Maru.D290262A67A34B5ABF4165B11AC2D35A.jpg.74b27341782f278cbbf13c710e0dcbef.jpg

Genius right? Making a ship that isnt a CV a CV in wows:Smile_veryhappy: (shes a amphibious assault ship that the ija used)

The biggest reason why I'd like to see this ship get added as a premium is the unique aircraft she has used.

The ki-76Kokusai_Ki-76.jpg.da93a65f659a236ae6206e121984b1ab.jpg

And most importantly..... the ka-1 autogyro kayaba_ka-1_1.jpg.4f68cea93f99a534baa02ecaddad219f.jpg

Historically these planes where mostly only used for spotting and could use anti sub bombs. For WOWS give the ki-76 rockets and give the ka-1 regular anti ship bombs (maybe give reserves for both ap and he bombs)

Summary and pros/cons:

Akitsu maru would be a tier 5 or 6 premium CV that would use ki-76 aircraft as rocket attack aircraft and ka-1 autogyros for bombers (and maybe use both he and ap bombs)

Possible pros and cons:

Pros:

- stealthy ship and aircraft

- manvuable aircraft (especially the ka-1)

-possibility to use both he and ap bombs

-regained downed aircraft at a faster rate compared to other CVs

-ship has good speed to get around

Cons:

-fragile ship and aircraft 

-slow aircraft (especially the ka-1)

-no torpedo aircraft

-small aircraft reserves

It's been quite awhile since I've made a post like this so sorry for any weird, spelling grammar or formatting 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
257 posts
520 battles

Are we forgetting that the Akitsu Maru can't actually have planes land on it because of the whacking great crane on its a_$$? Although the ship also used Ki-43 Peregrine Falcon fighters, which could carry bombs and maybe be a better dive bomber. The ship also has no DP guns.

Why not make the IJA Kumano Maru instead? It has eight 80 mm DP cannons & six 25 mm AA guns, with 37 aircraft.♦

• Cool 1

[NUWES]
Members
3,002 posts
9,933 battles
1 hour ago, Koogus said:

Recently got the idea from someone giving ideas for a ijn tier 6 premium CV.

I HAVE DISCOVERED THE PERFECT FIT FOR A TIER 5 OR 6 PREMIUM IJN  CV........Akitsu Maru.D290262A67A34B5ABF4165B11AC2D35A.jpg.74b27341782f278cbbf13c710e0dcbef.jpg

Genius right? Making a ship that isnt a CV a CV in wows:Smile_veryhappy: (shes a amphibious assault ship that the ija used)

The biggest reason why I'd like to see this ship get added as a premium is the unique aircraft she has used.

The ki-76Kokusai_Ki-76.jpg.da93a65f659a236ae6206e121984b1ab.jpg

And most importantly..... the ka-1 autogyro kayaba_ka-1_1.jpg.4f68cea93f99a534baa02ecaddad219f.jpg

Historically these planes where mostly only used for spotting and could use anti sub bombs. For WOWS give the ki-76 rockets and give the ka-1 regular anti ship bombs (maybe give reserves for both ap and he bombs)

Summary and pros/cons:

Akitsu maru would be a tier 5 or 6 premium CV that would use ki-76 aircraft as rocket attack aircraft and ka-1 autogyros for bombers (and maybe use both he and ap bombs)

Possible pros and cons:

Pros:

- stealthy ship and aircraft

- manvuable aircraft (especially the ka-1)

-possibility to use both he and ap bombs

-regained downed aircraft at a faster rate compared to other CVs

-ship has good speed to get around

Cons:

-fragile ship and aircraft 

-slow aircraft (especially the ka-1)

-no torpedo aircraft

-small aircraft reserves

It's been quite awhile since I've made a post like this so sorry for any weird, spelling grammar or formatting 

I thought that ship was quite slow and could only operate a few aircraft. It's basically a slightly faster Langley. I don't think it even had a hangar. Small size, small aircraft complement and very slow = a T4 CV at best. 

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
740 posts
1,641 battles
6 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

I thought that ship was quite slow and could only operate a few aircraft. It's basically a slightly faster Langley. I don't think it even had a hangar. Small size, small aircraft complement and very slow = a T4 CV at best. 

Historically it's slow but wows was never about being historically accurate or realistic 

• Cool 1

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
740 posts
1,641 battles
29 minutes ago, black_hull4 said:

Are we forgetting that the Akitsu Maru can't actually have planes land on it because of the whacking great crane on its a_$$? Although the ship also used Ki-43 Peregrine Falcon fighters, which could carry bombs and maybe be a better dive bomber. The ship also has no DP guns.

Why not make the IJA Kumano Maru instead? It has eight 80 mm DP cannons & six 25 mm AA guns, with 37 aircraft.♦

At the end of the day all I want is a ijn ship that uses autogyros. I just picked akitsu maru because I remembered she had them.

I also already knew aircraft cant land on it historically but since wows isnt about realism I just thought maybe WG would just make it act like a normal CV (let's be real we will never see this be added but I do enjoy coming up with ideas like this)

Apologies if this sounds overly defensive or anything like that. I just realized my comment kinda sounds like that

Edited by Koogus

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,265 battles

Sure. Why not.

WG introduced farce CVs in Feb 2019.

Why not add another farce CV, especially, a premium that WF can sell for money to the Suckers. :cap_haloween:.

[SALVO]
Members
3,413 posts
3,294 battles

So, is this an argument for ASW Helos?

[WOLF1]
Members
138 posts
923 battles
19 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Im guessing so. 

I believe asw helis were not used until like the cold war for other nations I think, so this ship will be unique

• Cool 1

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
740 posts
1,641 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

Idk if a autogyro would be considered a helo. from what I understand the vertical props aren't powered but the forward movement from the other prop makes it spin giving lift. 

[WOLF1]
Members
138 posts
923 battles
49 minutes ago, Koogus said:

Idk if a autogyro would be considered a helo. from what I understand the vertical props aren't powered but the forward movement from the other prop makes it spin giving lift. 

if we go by the naming convention of "pre-drednought" ill say autogyros would be pre-heli? pre ASW heli?

Edited by Boomer625
  • Cool 1

[NUWES]
Members
3,002 posts
9,933 battles
17 hours ago, Koogus said:

Correct. That is how they work. An Autogyro is not a helicopter. It is more of an ancestor of the modern helicopter. It is basically a plane with a wing that is not fixed and can spin freely around a central post similar to a helicopter rotor. Like you said the forward motion of the autogyro (from its push or pull propeller) causes the wing to spin and generate a lot of lift. They require VERY little room to take off and land and are very hard to stall making them really safe. They don't actually need an aircraft carrier. They can take off from small places like the tops of buildings or helipads on ships. 

They are simpler and safer than helicopters, but the big trade-off is they can't truly hover. Navies experimented with them as spotter aircraft for a while. I know the post-office had plans to use them for mail delivery directly into cities early in the 20th century. The big trade off issue they have is they they are slow compared to planes. They can't reach the speed planes can reach due to the drag of the spinning wing nor can they truly hover or operate vertically like helicopters can. Here's a modern one.

Spoiler

See the source image

Edited by Tzarevitch
  • Cool 1

[DW-62]
Beta Testers
86 posts
964 battles

There are plenty of IJN CVs that WG hasn't tapped as good premiums including the famed Akagi and her memorable haul that could slot as a prem Tier VI. The Taiho is also a great candidate for Tier X premium alternative to the Hakuryu. And then there is the Shinano that I guess WG will never release because all the players will cry "balanas!" with her massive displacement and midway eclipsing hangers.  

[NUWES]
Members
3,002 posts
9,933 battles
22 hours ago, Koogus said:

At the end of the day all I want is a ijn ship that uses autogyros. I just picked akitsu maru because I remembered she had them.

I also already knew aircraft cant land on it historically but since wows isnt about realism I just thought maybe WG would just make it act like a normal CV (let's be real we will never see this be added but I do enjoy coming up with ideas like this)

Apologies if this sounds overly defensive or anything like that. I just realized my comment kinda sounds like that

Honestly it would be cool to see autogyros. I think it is a lot more likely they would put it on a different ship though. That one really wouldn't work in game anywhere other than T4. The IJN was the only one I am aware of that ever tried to use them for ASW work, but every nation had them. As I recall the Spanish invented them and used them in their Civil War but they were a well-known technology by WWII. The Germans, the UK and the USSR used some in wartime mainly for things like reconnaissance. The US used them for mail delivery and never in a combat theater that I am aware of. 

• Cool 1