You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Aritomo

Azur Lane Individual Commanders

6 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
3,359 battles

As the title says please add the individual Azur Lane commanders  , both old and new,  for single purchase to the Premium Shop and/or the Armory as a more affordable option for players especially in these trying economic times or for those that are only looking for specific commanders. Personally I'd like to see this and the Arpeggio of Blue Steel as a permanent "For Coal" feature of the Armory.

• Cool 4
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF8]
Members
7,103 posts
6,092 battles

I'm sorry to say, but what you ask for will not happen. The collaboration contents are "collaboration" for a reason. WG does not own the Intellectual Properties rights to these contents, and they're offered in WoWs only because of a contract that WG and the copyright holders made an agreement to hold a collaboration. And there're terms and rules set by the contract, and WG simply cannot do whatever, simply because some players find the current offerings as inconvenient and/or insufficient.

I'm disappointed as much as you are, but what can we say? It's the way it is.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,549 posts

Suggestion for next event -- instead of the mission (chain) for a free captain being locked into a single specific one (such as Nelson this time), the mission should instead drop a Token which could be used to acquire any one single captain. 

[VVV]
Members
2,657 posts
On 7/27/2020 at 2:33 PM, Blorgh2017 said:

I'm sorry to say, but what you ask for will not happen. The collaboration contents are "collaboration" for a reason. WG does not own the Intellectual Properties rights to these contents, and they're offered in WoWs only because of a contract that WG and the copyright holders made an agreement to hold a collaboration. And there're terms and rules set by the contract, and WG simply cannot do whatever, simply because some players find the current offerings as inconvenient and/or insufficient.

I'm disappointed as much as you are, but what can we say? It's the way it is.

I very much doubt it was Manjuu that made the decision for the AL commanders to only be available via lootboxes and high-dollar bundles, with no option to buy them individually. It was probably WG that decided to do it that way because they think they'll get more money that way.

[WOLF8]
Members
7,103 posts
6,092 battles
8 minutes ago, Lord_Magus said:

I very much doubt it was Manjuu that made the decision for the AL commanders to only be available via lootboxes and high-dollar bundles, with no option to buy them individually. It was probably WG that decided to do it that way because they think they'll get more money that way.

Yes, most likely. I thought of that too. However, I would also wager that if that's what goes into the contract, then it's what it will be. Manjuu probably didn't really care and just said "Okay, sure" or something.

Besides, it still doesn't change the fact that WG doesn't hold the IP rights for these contents. If it has been agreed that it would be a temporary limited-time only thing, then I would wager that it's what it is.

• Cool 1

[VVV]
Members
2,657 posts
3 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Besides, it still doesn't change the fact that WG doesn't hold the IP rights for these contents. If it has been agreed that it would be a temporary limited-time only thing, then I would wager that it's what it is.

Being a limited-time only thing wouldn't prevent the commanders from being sold individually in store during that limited time, though. And it would strike me as a bit weird if the contract specified how the commanders are to be sold. But who knows, maybe it does.