Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
PaRtYbOy_x_DaN

German tokens

25 comments in this topic

[ASC]
Members
32 posts
14,041 battles

If I have done my math correctly, if I earn all available German tokens from the directives (which relies on the boxes giving me all of the cv's) I will still be 15 tokens short of a perma camo in the armory?

Members
14 posts
254 battles

I could be mistaken but that appears to be the case.

Not only do you have to hope that you get the t4, the t6 and the t8, you also need the graf zep.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,554 posts

You need the Graf Zeppelin as well. 

You're 75 tokens short of the 600 needed for one of the tier 10 permacamos if don't have it. 

15 for stage 6 of that mission, and 60 for completing the mission itself. 

• Cool 1

[ASC]
Members
32 posts
14,041 battles

I have the graf, I am just short the T8 drop, but even if i manage that it seems I won't have enough tokens for a camo

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,554 posts
Just now, PaRtYbOy_x_DaN said:

I have the graf, I am just short the T8 drop, but even if i manage that it seems I won't have enough tokens for a camo

If you get 3 of 3 early access carriers, have the GZ, and finish all 4 mission chains, you should have 600 tokens.  

Members
95 posts
9,464 battles

I assume you can earn more tokens in part 2 of German Carriers, if not, then I gotta ask why WG even bothered.

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
506 posts
7,181 battles

So far I only to manage to do 5 of 6 on directives because I don't have German CVs and they aren't available on the tech tree yet.  Or are they?  Not at home to check but I think they are still in early release?

[SOFOP]
Members
2,343 posts
13,746 battles
6 minutes ago, _BlackHawk4_ said:

I assume you can earn more tokens in part 2 of German Carriers, if not, then I gotta ask why WG even bothered.

Part 2's of events generally have different tokens.

• Cool 1

[ASC]
Members
32 posts
14,041 battles

It seems I may have missed something, further inspection looks like I can make 600, but ONLY if i pull the A. Parseval fro one of the final 5 crates I have in directive 4

[WOLFG]
Members
8,830 posts
7,308 battles
2 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Part 2's of events generally have different tokens.

Normally yes, but the directives for the German ships that pay out tokens say they have 37 days remaining (as of yesterday).

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,721 posts
14 minutes ago, _BlackHawk4_ said:

So you spend money to get the needed tokens.

I would consider yourself lucky to have gotten any early unlock drops.  I have done all the missions, opened all the daily shipments, plus extra containers from the PTS and Twitch.  0 CVs.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,554 posts
24 minutes ago, Altwar said:

So far I only to manage to do 5 of 6 on directives because I don't have German CVs and they aren't available on the tech tree yet.  Or are they?  Not at home to check but I think they are still in early release?

You get the missions to unlock the early access to the tier 4, 6, and 8 carriers randomly from the German containers that are paid out for completing other missions in the event. 

So in order to get those carriers, you have to luck out.  

In order to get enough tokens for a permacamo for GK, Hindy, or 52, you need to get lucky three times, complete those three mission chains with the step 6 carrier requirement, AND have or buy Graf Z, and also complete THAT mission chain. 

Yeah.

They locked access to the permacamos for surface ships behind a combination of luck, and willingness/ability to play the carriers if they happen to drop. 

[SBS]
Members
5,378 posts
14 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

So you spend money to get the needed tokens.

The German containers don't have tokens, so you can't just buy the tokens you need.  The only way to get more tokens is by buying the 7500 doubloon bundles, where you are paying for the camo and then grinding for it.

[O_O]
Members
606 posts
31 minutes ago, _BlackHawk4_ said:

then I gotta ask why WG even bothered.

So people would feel the urge to BUY something; whether it be CV crates to unlock a CV so you can complete the mission for more tokens, or buying the 7500 dub mission chain that gives you 600 tokens.

[A-D-F]
6,721 posts
11 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

The German containers don't have tokens, so you can't just buy the tokens you need.  The only way to get more tokens is by buying the 7500 doubloon bundles, where you are paying for the camo and then grinding for it.

Yes.

In theory, one can also buy enough German containers to get all the early unlocks, and then also having the GZ, can obtain the T10 camo that way.  This would early unlock all the CVs and get all the premium camos for them.

[GOB]
Members
1,727 posts

Never play for the golden ring!  Relax and play for the crumbs that come along while others stress themselves out to try to get the near impossible,

That way if you get a drop it will be a nice surprise!

I have the T4 and T6 but haven't the slightest care about getting the T-8 because I am not paying to get those Camos and I don't have the Graf Z

I will never have a Graf Z unless it drops in a SC or Christmas container either.

So play and have fun and at the end just use them to buy stuff.

Works for me.

[SBS]
Members
5,378 posts
3 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Yes.

In theory, one can also buy enough German containers to get all the early unlocks, and then also having the GZ, can obtain the T10 camo that way.  Thos would early unlock all the CVs and get all the premium camos for them.

My guess is it would be a crap ton cheaper to buy the camo bundle to get the 600 tokens outright.

[RCNW3]
Beta Testers
3,062 posts
25,232 battles

I guess some will feel game is a rip off now and then...................................

[A-D-F]
6,721 posts
7 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

My guess is it would be a crap ton cheaper to buy the camo bundle to get the 600 tokens outright.

Probably, but you would only get the T10 premium camo, instead of all of the early unlocks with all the premium camos. If you early unlock all of them, you don't "just" get the T10 camo.

Just depends on what you want and how fast you want it.

At this point, I will have to wait for the line's release and will just buy the normal premium camos directly.

[KSE]
1,732 posts
16,565 battles

It's fiendishly clever actually, they also bound together so many missions of various types in an attempt to make it more confusing while saying that it was attempting to "clarify" the missions tab.

Even if you got all the early access CV drops, you needed to own the Graf Zepplin to get the final tokens needed for a perma camo from missions.  So towards the end you are stuck with a decision between buying the Graf Zepplin ( 14k doubloons ) or a perma camo package mission for 7500 doubloons and having 515 tokens left to buy .... meh.

If WG had simply posted at the start that you won't be able to get a perma camo from the early access crates UNLESS you also own a Graf Zepplin, people would have simply decided if they wanted to drop 7500 dubs for the unique perma camos and not bothered to buy any premium german crates.  Of course that goes against the "sunk cost" mentality that WG is so eager to invite at every opportunity they get.

Members
2,885 posts
5,525 battles
32 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

The other option is to throw money away at premium German CV containers until/if A. Parseval drops for him. If you're going to do that, though, you should just light it on fire, it'll be more entertaining.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
14,554 posts

Or just spend fewer doubloons on the normal permacamo that doesn't look as cool but gives the exact same bonuses. 

• Cool 1

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
506 posts
7,181 battles
58 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

You get the missions to unlock the early access to the tier 4, 6, and 8 carriers randomly from the German containers that are paid out for completing other missions in the event. 

So in order to get those carriers, you have to luck out.  

In order to get enough tokens for a permacamo for GK, Hindy, or 52, you need to get lucky three times, complete those three mission chains with the step 6 carrier requirement, AND have or buy Graf Z, and also complete THAT mission chain. 

Yeah.

They locked access to the permacamos for surface ships behind a combination of luck, and willingness/ability to play the carriers if they happen to drop. 

Okay, so I was seeing things correctly and haven't had a "lucky" drop for a CV.  Heck, if I didn't just get the Odin, my participation in the German missions would be finished as the Scharn and Gneisenau were at tier 7 the top tier German ships in my fleet.

Sign in to follow this