Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

German BB build Question

9 comments in this topic

[DRNX]
Members
449 posts
10,389 battles

Does anyone run a full secondary build on high tier german BB's anymore? I go for a more tank build with just AFT for secondary range. Would CE on ships like the tirpitz be of better use then AFT? TIA

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
392 posts
9,926 battles

I'm currently grinding on FDG and have fun full secondary all the way up.

If I want to play tanky BBs I have other lines I can play.

Members
87 posts
5,575 battles

With the current he spamming going on I don't run a full secondaries anymore..You might end up dying quickly when getting focused.

[FML]
Members
3,728 posts
14,850 battles
1 hour ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Does anyone run a full secondary build on high tier german BB's anymore? I go for a more tank build with just AFT for secondary range. Would CE on ships like the tirpitz be of better use then AFT? TIA

I've always run a bit of a hybrid build with my Tirpitz and similar ships.  I think you get the best bang for buck out of leaning on the secondaries, but not heavily as you can really only get the opportunity to use them in the second half of battle when things have thinned out a bit anyway.  Still, I take AFT over CE cos I figured that with my guns cycling and just being a battleship in a carrier meta, I'm going to be spotted pretty much the whole time anyway - particularly when pushing in.  But I still go for Fire Prevention (in particular) and BoS. 

Until recently, I also used the Torpedo Acquisition mod, because it was hilarious spotting enemy DDs in their smoke at 3km in ranked and nailing them with my secondaries and torps whilst they couldnt see me. But I admit that's a pretty niche build.  And the new module is even more rubbish than the old one. 

Hope that helps.  

Members
487 posts
3,390 battles
1 hour ago, crazyferret23777 said:

I have 2 Captains at 19P for the german BB's, one is full secondary build the other is all tank. I just depends on my mood which one I want to play.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,309 posts
8,463 battles

On my secondary spec German BBs, I run PT, AR, SI, FP, MFCSA, AFT, and PM. BFT and IFHE are not worth the points for secondaries. More survivability will keep both your main battery and your secondaries in the fight longer anyways to make up for the “lost” 10% secondary DPM boost from not taking BFT, and the penalty to fire chance makes IFHE a poor choice for 4 points. If you really want to run CE, I would probably drop AFT and keep MFCSA. At the 10+km range of high-tier secondaries you won’t score many hits without manual secondaries anyways, so the extra range is of questionable value.

Edited by Nevermore135

[B-Z]
Members
97 posts
12,943 battles

I run a "full" 2ndry build on my GK.
PT, AR, BFT, MFCSA, AFT, FP, PM And the Legendary Module in slot 6.
I fully admit a full tank build is on average probably as good if not better, but I have a Kremlin if I want that playstyle.

Don't run IFHE, not needed anymore: with the IFHE rework the 128mm rifles pen 32mm stock, which is all you need.

[-K-]
Members
8,162 posts
13,463 battles
6 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Im running full secondary on my German BBs.

Is it best? No, of course not.

Its just so I can enjoy the flavor of the ship.

1 hour ago, contag10n said:

I'm currently grinding on FDG and have fun full secondary all the way up.

If I want to play tanky BBs I have other lines I can play.

Two good points made here.

While secondary builds other than Massachusetts may not be "ideal" anymore, it doesn't mean they can't be hella fun.

So many other battleships can play the tank card, why not try something different when the option is there?

Sign in to follow this