Sign in to follow this  
MajesticTwelve

CV Autopilot

9 comments in this topic

[UMP]
Members
275 posts
4,718 battles

It will steer you straight toward the enemy, as fast as it can, ignoring the fact you clicked in the complete opposite direction, forcing you to manually steer your CV until you get somewhere you can park, which eats 5-6 minutes of game or, if you're not paying attention, kills you.

Fix it for the love of god.

Members
2,084 posts
6,312 battles

Your doing something wrong, my CV goes where I send it.

Members
1,607 posts
34,031 battles

Uh no. OP is right, Otto pilot is on the fritz. Or on top of fritz. Something Is terribly wrong with it when you CV.

I can't get it to navigate the channel in two brothers or even go in a narrow passage without a major malfunction.

Such malfunctions include: making circles, stopping at a waypoint not proceeding going in reverse, hitting an island head-on and unable to backup, stops when a ship crosses its pathz and finally, refuses to turn the ship around as if Red team activated a tractor beam and their BBs are laughing like Dr Evil.

It's really hard to put all my Tie Fighter dressed Pusheens into the escape pods when the last one happens. Because the red team BBs take no prisoners.

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,704 posts

Mine will often get lost if passing between islands or too close to borders. It's irritating beyond chaffing the jimmies. 

You know me too... I insist it is insanely stupid for me to have to go to the full-blown map to click a square then back when we used to have the ability to just CTRL CLICK the MINIMAP. Gosh, those were the days. 

Someone on the staff must have felt the map mode was not being used enough, that it needed more exposure so they yanked what we had and forced us to do it a new way. 

Or they wanted the distraction to further increase the overhead of a carrier player. 

Or maybe they wanted to proverbially twist the knife already in there by reminding us of our former days of RTS glory? 

[CVA16]
Members
5,123 posts
15,315 battles
2 hours ago, MajesticTwelve said:

It will steer you straight toward the enemy, as fast as it can, ignoring the fact you clicked in the complete opposite direction, forcing you to manually steer your CV until you get somewhere you can park, which eats 5-6 minutes of game or, if you're not paying attention, kills you.

Definitely had this happen to me. The CV follows the first course plot I give it at the opening bell  but when I try to make a change  it continues going straight on whatever heading it was on at the time I tried to make the change. The course plot shows the ship should be entering a turn at any moment to head toward the next waypoint but the ship never turns. Just keeps going straight with the course line adjusting showing it will be turning any time now. It can take a while to realize the ship ain't gonna turn, ever.

It may not just be a CV problem but I don't tend to plot courses with any other ship. 

[BABC]
Members
79 posts

I believe this seems to consistently happen when you're in flight mode controlling a plane squadron. If you initially had the CV on autopilot with a course set, it will not respond to course changes when you try to set a new waypoint while controlling a squadron in flight. I will see if I can get a consistent repro.

Members
3 posts
2,988 battles

This happens to me all the time.  If I engage auto moron it ignores the charted path and just steams straight ahead.  Typically the first time I use it it goes where intended, the second time if I have to adjust to the battle it will just steam straight ahead.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this