Sign in to follow this  
kgh52

What happens to people on Sunday night?

6 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
4,550 posts
12,778 battles

Killer Whale is not too difficult. In fact, I would say unless 5 or 6 team members have never played it before, you have to loose it on purpose.

Down to 5 ships left & 2 in the the green a Izmail blocked a CV from crossing the line so he could farm a little more damage. The CV turned away & one of the ships left the green zone as the final spawn of enemy ships appeared. Of course they could not turn around so a 4 star win was thrown away.

The next KW saw one cruise get sunk in the first few minutes, 2 cruisers & the DD go after the shore installations & transports leaving me in a cruiser & the CV to take on the 3 BB's, 2 forts & a cruiser. I'm not sure what our BB was doing but he did come to the rescue after I was down to 1/3 health.

The CV tried to come in the south opening before the DD was sunk. It's HP was greatly reduced. It was sunk by the 1st group of reinforcements. I made a bee line to the west exit area & made it with less than 800 hp. I did manage to stay alive and sink or help sink a few more ships before I was sunk. With less than a minute left one of the two remaining ships crossed the line barely alive.

All I want is a win for my 3rd daily container. I did have to run a coop for the container.

I should have check on Discord for a group.

[RLGN]
Members
13,725 posts
23,946 battles
59 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Killer Whale is not too difficult. In fact, I would say unless 5 or 6 team members have never played it before, you have to loose it on purpose.

Unfortunately it seems like I’ve seen that a few times.

You also mentioned farming; I think there are some players out there who think farming an Op is great, who either have no idea a win will pay better, especially if they do farm well, or they just plain don’t care.

Maybe it’s that whole PR thing... Exceeeept Op stats aren’t recorded...

Whatever.

Who cares about idiots.

What I care about is the DQ driver recently who thanked me for coming over with my Ryujo’s planes and helping them fight off pretty much that whole mob that tries to come though the west gaps. (Besides also sinking Furi and Dono.)

Members
1,545 posts
33,845 battles

I played that OP as a ryujo. I CV spotted and even got to get the last ship on the list before we got our 5 stars.

It's not rocket science, it's meeting objectives. One advantage of the CV is helping the team see the targets as early as possible.

I agree, the farmers need to stop. If everyone does their role, they all get plenty. I didn't sink many, but I met objectives. And I still came out on top of board because I stuck to the mission.

Members
3,690 posts
21,936 battles

I lost 2 KW Ops last night because the CV refused to enter the exit. They sailed right near it then stopped yet them entering the ring would have triggered the win condition and we lost a 4* and 5* as a result. Had some other wth losses too last night in what should be a simple OPs.

Members
1,545 posts
33,845 battles
32 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

I lost 2 KW Ops last night because the CV refused to enter the exit. They sailed right near it then stopped yet them entering the ring would have triggered the win condition and we lost a 4* and 5* as a result. Had some other wth losses too last night in what should be a simple OPs.

Hmmm, sometimes, on a Sunday night, CV players tend to nod off in the middle of battle. It's the alcohol.

I did my 5 star CV run in KW sober.

Make sure your CV player is not drinking alcohol or redbull. Both can cause loss of consciousness.

Unfortunately, WG doesn't do dockside checks of players before sailing out. Usually, if a player relieves themselves on a plant nearby and a tossed match sets the plant on fire, then that player shouldn't be sailing a CV. Other ships, okay , but CV, no.

Red bull intoxication symptoms are lack of awareness of overextending, keyboard face, narcolepsy, loss of hearing, lose of course control (Otto pilot), and irritability.

If your CV player has any of these symptoms, report it to WG so they can get that player some help. Because in Operation Killer Whale, not helping.

I hope that helps.

I CV, but I don't drink alcohol or redbull when I do. I am sure there are more like me out there 🤔.

I hope so 😏.

• Boring 1

[TDRB]
Members
4,550 posts
12,778 battles

For the past several months it seems like Sunday & Tuesday are the worse days to run ops in a pug.

Sign in to follow this