You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
shinytrashcan

ranked killing random MM?

16 comments in this topic

[TIMT]
Members
202 posts
2,610 battles

Readers beware, I got to vent a little. Proceed at own risk.

Is it just me or is high-tier MM totally screwed after ranked started? I am not talking about queue times or something like this, but the fact that you either seem to have unicums or potatoes in your teams. This is super frustrating, I had mostly steamrolls this weekend, with maybe two or three good games in total. Combine this with a loss-streak of epic proportions and I am about done with this game for the next weeks. Don't know what to do, but with games where your teams either wipes the floor with the other one or where you are just surrounded by really below average players this just kills it for me.

I am an average player, maybe a bit better on my good days but I still need a team to win almost all of my games. So do I now just wait until ranked is over before I start the game again? Anyone else noticed something like this?

[SALVO]
Members
3,349 posts
3,274 battles
3 minutes ago, shinytrashcan said:

Is it just me or is high-tier MM totally screwed after ranked started? I am not talking about queue times or something like this, but the fact that you either seem to have unicums or potatoes in your teams. This is super frustrating, I had mostly steamrolls this weekend, with maybe two or three good games in total. Combine this with a loss-streak of epic proportions and I am about done with this game for the next weeks. Don't know what to do, but with games where your teams either wipes the floor with the other one or where you are just surrounded by really below average players this just kills it for me.

I am an average player, maybe a bit better on my good days but I still need a team to win almost all of my games. So do I now just wait until ranked is over before I start the game again? Anyone else noticed something like this?

Not really, at tier 7 is business as usual. 

Members
3,399 posts
12,310 battles

Randoms are just like that, always have been. The avg WR of the playerbase of this game is like 48%. 

[BB35]
Members
267 posts

Somedays I get stuck on a losing team every fight. Somedays I win every fight.

Today I was on the losing end of MM. 16 losses 1 win. (Quit playing for the day).

1/2 those losses were for wins until the people tried to "win harder"

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,294 posts
14,494 battles

MM has become more streaky in upper tiers as of late. Before this season of Ranked began. However yes, regular rank will pull a lot of people into it for awhile.

• Cool 1

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,258 battles

I don't think so. i do think, however, that WG is killing randoms but this is nothing new, they've been doing that for years now.

Members
485 posts
4,634 battles

You can't kill what's already dead.

The MM hasn't been good for a long time. Sure the Tier distribution is better, but not the player skill distribution. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,657 posts
13,997 battles
32 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

MM has become more streaky in upper tiers as of late. Before this season of Ranked began. However yes, regular rank will pull a lot of people into it for awhile.

This, the first few days ranked is real busy but has the top players rank out or get to where they wanted the go back to randoms.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,448 posts
10,870 battles
3 hours ago, shinytrashcan said:

Its been bad blow out loses the norm but lots of blow out wins too .  lots of blow out wins where I contribute nothing and we still steamroll the red team . Its been really weird for months now I feel at the mercy of my team nothing I seem to do matters . I'm mired in mediocrity .

Edited by clammboy

[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles
3 hours ago, shinytrashcan said:

Most "unicums" haven't played random for 1 1/2 years (about 2-3 months after the rework).

You might be seeing all the "good" players (that are left) on 1 team or the other...but  most of the unicums flew the random coop long ago.

Members
32 posts
2,660 battles
6 hours ago, shinytrashcan said:

I can agree with this. I think Wargaming should adopt a system similar to the one that CSGO uses and rank random matches. This way every time you play you're paired against people that are on similar skill levels as you.

• Cool 1

[OIL-1]
Members
907 posts
7 hours ago, shinytrashcan said:

It's not just you. It's been that way for me ever since I started playing this game.

[BUNNY]
Members
6 posts
4,322 battles

Ever since ranked has started the teams have been the worst they have in weeks. It was like a light switch was flipped. The amount of pure stupidity I have seen since it started is nuts. I am noticing a huge uptick in both pure t10 and t9 games. 

[TMS]
Members
3,209 posts
31,782 battles

High tier has become like coop with the blowouts now with one side not even losing a ship or one or two win or lose and all over far to quickly.

Because one side has virtually put up no fight or die to quickly or flat out running away giving all the caps away instantly.or both.

Edited by Final8ty

[TIMT]
Members
202 posts
2,610 battles

Thanks for all the replies, it is nice to hear I am not the only one.

Since I am not playing ranked anymore (played a few matches to get the easy rewards with the stars from the previous season) I will probably just take a break from the game for a few days. Hopefully by then it gets a bit more normal, and my salt levels normalize (they have been rather high lately).

20 hours ago, Rear_Admiral_Lower_Half said:

I can agree with this. I think Wargaming should adopt a system similar to the one that CSGO uses and rank random matches. This way every time you play you're paired against people that are on similar skill levels as you.

Some rough sorting by skill level would be nice to avoid these blowouts, but from what I heard about this it is not gonna happen for a number of reasons (queue times, principle, etc.).

I hope all of you are having a great time though!