You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree, July 24-26 2020

9 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
18,955 posts
13,161 battles

The weekend kicked off with a lot to do.

Azur Lane missions for a 10 point captain and a few crates to kick off the collection for another one.

Simon Bolivar missions for pretty flags and a few Restless Fire camos.

VMF anniversary missions for a bunch of various one-shot camos.

Base XP missions for German CV event boxes (the free ones).

Finish a 120K XP grind in Tier 8 German ships.

By the time I went to bed last night, I'd finished the lot. Derped around in co-op tonight, tried out my new AL Yukikaze there (she delivers); took out the Le Fantasque for a spin for the hell of it and ended up sinking four out of nine bot ships and doing nearly 200,000 damage (that one will go up on YouTube sometime this week, I think). Currently doing some thinking about which of my captains will go into the Daring, Yugumo and Shimakaze as I work up to them over the next 6 to 12 months, and which will be the most likely candidate for 19 point (Fleet Admiral) rank.

Streamed a hell of a lot too.

All in all a very productive weekend, and that's before we count the IRL stuff!

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
3,252 posts
25,740 battles

Nice work EC! I liked Fantasque a lot, in fact, I liked her so much I purchased Terrible just to have a perm version of it tho they are not identical. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,699 posts
14,007 battles

Didn't play much on Friday or Saturday but had a good night tonight playing test ships in randoms finishing up the third set of German CV directives. I am not too worried about finishing them as I did get the the tier 4 Rhein which I have been playing in co-op to get the very different rocket and dive bombing mechanisms down. I think I am getting there on that.

[RLGN]
Members
13,778 posts
23,997 battles

Many same things as EC.

Stayed up later than normal to finish something that I thought ended tonight, only to find out it didn’t...

...oh well.

Got the 4,500 bxp and the last two free containers before the new directive Monday.

Thirty-two so far. Finally drew Weser.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,955 posts
13,161 battles
3 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Stayed up later than normal to finish something that I thought ended tonight, only to find out it didn’t.

Believe you me, that is MUCH better than the other way around!

[PVE]
Members
3,977 posts
16,910 battles

Didn't play very much.

Cleared out all of the non-carrier German stuff.

Did the daily's for some steel.

Looked at the AL Yukikaze and I'm not sure I need another tier 8 DD yet?

Spent time on the range and I seem to be close to the 7.62x51/54R sweet spots for upcoming hunts.  Another week or so and I'll finish those real world projects.

Abandoned Ranked as "hope and joy less"............  Wow.  That sure has become a depressing experience once again.  Day 1 of availability was OK.........then BLAT,............whatever it has become simply is obtuse.

Edited by Asym_KS

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
399 posts
9,992 battles

Cleared all the stuff EC mentions, had a good run in CB's Saturday, made Rank 10 (where I usually stop). 

Most notable, unlocked the Repulique. Enjoyed the Alsace and seriously considering burning my steel for the Bourgoine

Played a lot of Fred de Grobe, it's a fun boat. Really looking forward to the GK.I

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
676 posts
8,609 battles

Finished the NB, ran lots of CB, and a few ranked games.

unlocked the soyusz and bought the hayate. Time to start Japanese dd line grind in earnest. Got all the upgrades I intend to get for Oland also. Played her in ranked a bit with surprisingly good results. Also worked on grinding the Iowa but that will take some time as it’s low on the priority list. Waiting for a Narai comeback to get some xp on the Colorado in anticipation of the line split 

[ARGSY]
Members
18,955 posts
13,161 battles
47 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Looked at the AL Yukikaze and I'm not sure I need another tier 8 DD yet?

I looked at her last year and rejected her because I was nowhere near the Kagero yet and wouldn't have been able to do her justice. Then the Harekaze was brought back for a second spin and I snapped her up immediately. 

In the cold light of day, having had some experience in the Kagero and coming to like IJN destroyers a lot, I considered that maybe I should have got the Yukikaze back then after all. I'd had it in mind to buy her if she ever came back, so all of my 'thinking it over' had long since been done by the time the weekend rolled around. I did a bit of last minute research to confirm that what I was getting was what I really wanted, then pushed the button. 

By all means, if you're not sure then do the research first. @Destroyer_KuroshioKai has quite a few YouTube vids on her if you want to see her in action in various contexts, including against Tier 10 carriers and radar cruisers (the obvious worst case for a ship like this).