Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

In-game Banter & Ribbing

10 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Members
1,826 posts

If you see me in a game the chances are high that I will be talking it up with both teams.   Thankfully, we have a lot of funny peeps playing the game who make the chat hilarious most of the time.

Unfortunately, some people forget that it's only a game and take things too seriously.  If you grew up playing a lot of sports, especially team ones, you most likely enjoy the LOLz from the banter and ribbing.  If on the other hand, you didn't and have a delicate constitution, you may be too fragile for it. In that case, you have two options: block the person rattling your cage or disable chat entirely.

Finally, don't take any of it seriously.

:Smile_child:

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 6

[GOB]
Members
1,727 posts

Banter is fine.

Problem is some people act as if you get 10HP HEAL for every word they type in chat.

What I dislike are the guys who have no friends or do not know this forum exists that open with " What do you all think about X everyone? "  Then they spend the entire game socializing in chat.  Hard to see that " Hey that DD is about to take out our CV better move it" When it's buried 30 lines deep in " Banter" 

• Thanks 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
3,678 posts
3,904 battles

Good natured trash talking is almost almost always present. And history jokes. It’s nice to be able to make a joke about a ship’s history and usually every appreciates it.

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
5,861 posts

I always find many who 'talk banter' often adopt a higher threshold when giving it out, than what they are prepared to take when receiving. :cap_old:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles

As always OP leaves out important details.

Try asking them what they think about a player that is dead in the game (OP in the example) doing this (& this is a direct quote from OP in the debate we were having on "Banter & Ribbing"):

"I did do my best to distract him (the other teams CV) from his job"...

after OP was dead...not:

3 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

..."in a game"

as he has said in this thread.

OP seems to think that you are still "in a game" after dying just because open chat is still open for harassing the other team's members.

• Boring 1

[HINON]
Members
3,252 posts
25,727 battles

LoL @ delicate constitution  

[BROOK]
Members
1,826 posts

3 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

:etc_swear:

You're like a bulldog with a porkchop.  You are never going to drop this and move on with your life.

:cap_haloween:

• Confused 1

[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles

"Never gonna drop this"

I didn't start a new thread on the topic (while hiding behind lies instead of giving all the data).

Edit: I also don't keep spamming you w/notifications...LOL

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Sign in to follow this