Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Hull__Balsey

Need Some Cit Tips

23 comments in this topic

[OBB]
[OBB]
Members
83 posts
6,254 battles

Trying to do the 10 in one round. I know RNG has a bit to do with it. Closest I have come was 6 using the T6 German Cv rocket planes. Any tips on ships to use from those that have been able to complete it?

[OIL-1]
Members
916 posts

This is all I have in my notes. Nothing tech tree.

Tried the Petro on PTS. It might be a candidate, but it's new and high level.

Citadels: Good AP, high speed, lots of guns.
Salem. 19 in 1 battle. 12 in 1 battle.
Thunderer works as a backup. Maybe Yoshino.
Atlanta 16 in 1 battle, gotta get close.

[KWF]
Members
4,169 posts
6,337 battles

Is it game mode restricted? ie. can you do this one in Co-op or Random/Ranked only?

Members
595 posts
5,440 battles

Petro could be an excellent candidate if you have it.  I scored 11 cits against a Yammy in 2 forward-gun-only salvoes with Petro.  Of course that was at suicide range, where the dispersion was basically zero.  Given her ridiculous AP though it shouldn't be too hard to rack up cits in Petro.  Kron or Stalingrad maybe, if you have either of them.  Kind of an odd one, but I found Mikoyan in co-op to be a cit farming machine (I won't take that ship into randoms though, ever).

Edited by Uncle_Lou

Members
234 posts
4,716 battles

Any Russian cruiser with 180mm or 220mm guns is a great for cits. 203mms are fine as well, particularly with Salem or Des Moines, but Russian cruisers seem far more consistent, so much that they can reliably pen BBs.

Members
251 posts
519 battles

Closest I've gotten was by using the USS Smith and firing AP at Noviks, Tarantos, & Nino Bixios. Also used the South Carolina to get a lot of citadels, but I can never get to 10 because 1 citadel usually devstrikes everything at contemporary tiers.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,343 posts
13,746 battles

If coop is an option, use something with a lot of guns and just yolo in to a broadside cruiser that doesn't have torps, and just aim center mass.  Any cruiser with a lot of guns is a good candidate.  For the most part, it is more about targets than your ship of choice though.

Coop:  I'd bring a Moskva, Minotaur, Neptune or the like, just to force a good chance that it will mirror you, as those ships are easy citadels.

Randoms: Most BBs would be fine if you can get close to a cruiser, other than that the larger cruisers (Alaska, Hindi, etc) work well.

Overall, in randoms is more luck and positioning than anything.

[FGNE]
Members
907 posts
4,345 battles

I think I did that task with Wesser on Co-op, 17 citadels between rockets and bombs; just remember that even in coop it might be worth doing pre-drops.

Edited by CO_Valle

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,721 posts

Mino, join a coop game, which will put a bot mino on the red side.  Citadel city.

If you don't have the Mino, sub in the highest tier British light cruiser you have.

[RKLES]
Members
12,440 posts
14,145 battles

It’s a little risky, but you can rack up a ton of citadel hits moving along point blank range to a high tier RU CA with a  rapid fire DD. Have done it with Harekaze 100mm guns using AP, and with Gearing using AP. But it’s situational as you have to have one of those thin sided CAs just hanging out or wandering around along, and then you have to manage to get really close and pour the DD AP shells into it along the side.

More reliable / safer method would be Salem or Des Moines, or using a UK CL. Although as you get higher in the shell damage, the higher the citadel damage, and higher the citadel damage the less citadels you can farm out of targets.

Which brings me to saying while BBs can do such a mission, they can actually be more difficult to accomplish it with thanks to the sheer number of torpedoes and HE shells you face, how massive the citadel damage is, and how bad their concealment are leading to less clueless targets you can hunt for citadels.

Members
164 posts
7,324 battles

I've been getting more Citadels with my Exeter than any other, although the Fiji is pretty good.

I don't really remember the weak points of every ship I meet, so sometimes I "spray" my shells down the length(or half length) of the red ship.....that seems to work.   Had too many encounters where I thought I was aiming at the weak point, but two or three salvos later, no citadels...even from 8km.

Members
4,055 posts
10,060 battles

If it’s the 10 citadel hits CV camo mission that can be done in co-op: DM is always my go to ship for citadels (Salem would work too). If you don’t have one of those, any of the high tier US CAs, Moskva, Stalingrad, or high tier UK CLs would be good picks too. I’ve also had a lot of success with Chapy and Helena (at closer ranges for Helena) because of the good accuracy and fast reload as well as the high shell volume. I don’t have it yet, but Petro could work as well.

If you want to do it in one battle, you’ll definitely want a ship like DM/Salem or Mino that has a high ROF, and co-op would have a better chance of completing in one battle because of the bot AI. 

[CO-OP]
Members
1,251 posts
23,396 battles

Any of the UK CLs from Fiji up in Coop. Minotaur especially good because of the rof.

[FML]
Members
3,730 posts
14,857 battles
4 hours ago, Hull__Balsey said:

Trying to do the 10 in one round. I know RNG has a bit to do with it. Closest I have come was 6 using the T6 German Cv rocket planes. Any tips on ships to use from those that have been able to complete it?

I did it with the DM in coop. Drive up beside two cruisers and you’re done. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,637 posts

You want a ship you are really good at controlling. You want the most accurate guns you can get. You also want it to stand up to a bit of punishment, because (my experience) the best range for cits, in general is around 12km. You can go out further but it takes a bit more to get multiples. 

I like to fire on cruiser with cruisers or bbs. Go watch (think it was Flamu) video or two on central map control. You position yourself in the middle of the map so you can fire upon three different target groups. If you have any t8 or higher bb, they're a good choice. But I've done the requirements in BB or cruisers. 

If you're into CVs, good luck. The only cits I can pull down are using the IJN DB planes with the AP bombs. You drop one flight, F key and do it again. In fact, I'd probably drop one, maybe two flights right off the deck so you can rinse repeat as much as needed. 

I really enjoy the Kremlin for cits but Monty is right there too. 

Good luck and let us know how you did. 

[OBB]
[OBB]
Members
83 posts
6,254 battles

Thanks for the tips. Its set for Ranked or Random battles only. I just had 8 in the wesser. I will try the Des M or the Krohns next.

[OBB]
[OBB]
Members
83 posts
6,254 battles
3 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

You want a ship you are really good at controlling. You want the most accurate guns you can get. You also want it to stand up to a bit of punishment, because (my experience) the best range for cits, in general is around 12km. You can go out further but it takes a bit more to get multiples. 

I like to fire on cruiser with cruisers or bbs. Go watch (think it was Flamu) video or two on central map control. You position yourself in the middle of the map so you can fire upon three different target groups. If you have any t8 or higher bb, they're a good choice. But I've done the requirements in BB or cruisers. 

If you're into CVs, good luck. The only cits I can pull down are using the IJN DB planes with the AP bombs. You drop one flight, F key and do it again. In fact, I'd probably drop one, maybe two flights right off the deck so you can rinse repeat as much as needed. 

Good luck and let us know how you did

So far 3 battles. 5 in the Kron, 5 in the Yoshi and another 8 in the Weser!!

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,637 posts
38 minutes ago, Hull__Balsey said:

So far 3 battles. 5 in the Kron, 5 in the Yoshi and another 8 in the Weser!!

As my generation used to say, "Close but no cigar". You got a Fiji? As the other person suggested, try itmaybe ?

[OBB]
[OBB]
Members
83 posts
6,254 battles
8 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Good luck and let us know how you did. 

I FINALLY DID IT. Tried the Weser, Yoshi, Krhon, and the Stalingrad. It was finally the Weser that delivered. Had a few 8 cit rounds. Was in a battle nearing the end sitting on 7 cits and I hit a triple Cit on a leader. Ended up finishing with 13!!

Sign in to follow this