Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

T4 Rhein - Fix this steaming pile

28 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,681 posts

Knowing of course those who hate CV will be sure to chime in with all type of chatty banter, seriously WG/WoWS - this thing is turning into a steaming pile.

Let's talk about the interaction of planes to mouse control - or really, the lack thereof. Let me first qualify myself though. 

Average player sometimes gets lucky. Have ground my way through IJN, USN, RN carriers to include all tiers including T10. Played a few games in them. Nothing spectacular but I do get lucky sometimes. Now back to the Rhein

If she is an example of just how borked the planes will perform at T6, 8 and 10 then you aren't gonna draw many folks to them. IMO. The planes fly as if every pilot is drunk, not allowing for any precise control a "real" aircraft would allow, let alone compared to other national ships. 

Rocket planes - yuck. I want to point out I CANNOT SEE THE ***N RETICLE PLASTERED ON THE OCEAN IN ALMOST ANY LIGHTING CONDITIONS. IT'S HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. I've asked and asked and asked some more for the ability to chose our Carriers' reticle color and brightness (BOLD). Nothing. 

IMO the more you "upgrade" your wonderous lighting effects, the worse it has become. Have I ranted enough about those two things? Let me TL;DR.

Fix Rhein's flight controls and the reticle. tia

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,452 posts
18,552 battles

I'm sure this will get fixed right away, @Herr_Reitz; I mean, look at how they've jumped right on all those DD complaints!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,363 posts
13,808 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Rocket planes - yuck. I want to point out I CANNOT SEE THE ***N RETICLE PLASTERED ON THE OCEAN IN ALMOST ANY LIGHTING CONDITIONS. IT'S HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. I've asked and asked and asked some more for the ability to chose our Carriers' reticle color and brightness (BOLD). Nothing. 

I noticed this and it made the 1500 BXP I needed to get just for the perma camo a real chore.    If its sunny in game and you are facing toward the light...you can't see anything.

That and the fact that the reticle pulls up further out than what it should, and then comes back toward the target is sort of weird.  Making the reticle brighter would help.

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,309 posts
14,528 battles

Yeah I agree with this request. The lighting needs to be a little more distinguishing with the rocket sights. I don’t have the GZ, does it’s rocket sight work the same?

[GWG]
Members
6,763 posts
12,942 battles
12 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Yeah I agree with this request. The lighting needs to be a little more distinguishing with the rocket sights. I don’t have the GZ, does it’s rocket sight work the same?

Nope:

The Rhein is a completely NEW animal.

When hitting the first click button, the Rocket reticule jumps up OVER the target, then creeps down, then creeps back up again...   Takes a while to get used to this.  Graf Zeppelin works the same as every other CV for fighters...  Experience is no help here.

Torpedoes are completely normal.  They have a British turning radius so last moment adjustments are easy..

And then there are the Dive Bombers....   HOLY CRAAAAAP !!!!!!      Nothing prepares you for this !!
Flying along...  "Where is the aiming reticule ??   Oh ???   WAAAAAAY down there ???"
Then you drop straight down from nose-bleed heights, barely able to correct for incorrect lead distance...   But you'll get some citadels (with not much damage).  The Reticule is long and narrow.

Best co-op game for me is about --- let me look at the game stats -- 50K damage with 3 kills.

The only way I could successfully attack DDs is to torp them.

7_25_20_Rhein_Complete_E.jpg

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,681 posts

My greater concern falls along the changing of ALL rocket planes to this new, horizontal reticule... I think it's coming next update? 

They seriously just need to take into account the varying levels of visual acuity; that is, us old pharts need a bit more contrast between the important visual elements... in short, 

Eyes need to see the site so the player can aim. 

I hope they surprise me with an update for this. How difficult can it be to allow a player to choose a color and intensity in the settings options? 

Members
4,286 posts
9,292 battles

Rhein and Weser use the same rocktet-plane reticle function/behavior.
Graf Zeppelin uses a more conventional reticle with more conventional behavior (comparable to IJN, USN and RN rocket planes).

Hitting the "W" key during a bomb-run for Rhein & Weser pushes the bomb-aiming reticle further forward, and your planes are flying faster in the process.
Otherwise, it is "look straight down", pretty much like a high-altitude bombing run.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

Members
38 posts
503 battles
7 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

My greater concern falls along the changing of ALL rocket planes to this new, horizontal reticule... I think it's coming next update? 

They seriously just need to take into account the varying levels of visual acuity; that is, us old pharts need a bit more contrast between the important visual elements... in short, 

Eyes need to see the site so the player can aim. 

I hope they surprise me with an update for this. How difficult can it be to allow a player to choose a color and intensity in the settings options? 

From what i have heard the aiming reticle thing for all the other carriers came about as a stop gap measure, they are too lazy to fix  rocket planes now, they just make them better at setting fires on superstructures and way worse against destroyers by screwing with the reticle. though enterprise players should be used to it as enterprise has had that from the re work.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,309 posts
14,528 battles

Yes, T4 & T6 tech tree German CV DB flys noticeably higher than the rest. It a learning curve for the new mechanics for sure. I just need more practice.

[POP]
Members
947 posts
8,451 battles
2 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

That and the fact that the reticle pulls up further out than what it should, and then comes back toward the target is sort of weird.  Making the reticle brighter would help.

This is the only issue I have had as far as control and play.  The biggest issue I had outside of that is this CV is nearly useless against DD's.  Yeah it does very well against cruisers and BB'S but nearly every match I was in the only human players were CV's and DD's.  Farming bots is neither fun nor effective in random games.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,309 posts
14,528 battles

Yes, T4 & T6 tech tree German CV DB flys noticeably higher than the rest. It a learning curve for the new mechanics for sure. I just need more practice.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,681 posts

Well, seeing as they haven't said stick about changing any of it... I'm just gonna forget about the German CV line, even though I wanted to play the line. 

I've been here too long to go through the asinine grind required to get to tier X in this line. Hey, credit to those who do grind it, but between the ship(s), the planes and the sad, sad campaign results, I'm just done with the line. 

I could be wrong - but consider this.. of course teams vary, blah, blah, but I took the German, RN and IJN Tier 4 carriers out, one after the other, just finished them. 

Based on my inability to play the new German carriers, they finished at the bottom of the stack, with like 28K damage. Next up was the RN, finished a bit higher, around 30K I believe. 

In the IJN carrier (hosho?) i cranked out around 60-62K. We lost cause our Langley hid, waited until I beat a German CV completely down to one shot, then rushed his little noobie behind in and dropped torps for the kill. Otherwise, I'd have probably earned a few more points for sure. So you know Langley player, I blacklisted you but hope to see you on the other team one day. Your stunt cost us the win by 10 friggin points. TEN POINTS. All you had to do was sink a ship near YOU that was that low - which of course, there was one right there. Le sigh. Genius. Anyhow...

Until they get the controls and lighting/aiming stuff fixed, I'll just leave the (imo) steaming pile sit in port. She'll be my Port Queen, proudly representing all the failed but great ideas that have come and gone in this game. 

And that's how I truly feel. :cap_like:

[WOLF7]
Members
111 posts
1 hour ago, AVR_Project said:

Nope:

The Rhein is a completely NEW animal.

When hitting the first click button, the Rocket reticule jumps up OVER the target, then creeps down, then creeps back up again...   Takes a while to get used to this.  Graf Zeppelin works the same as every other CV for fighters...  Experience is no help here.

Torpedoes are completely normal.  They have a British turning radius so last moment adjustments are easy..

And then there are the Dive Bombers....   HOLY CRAAAAAP !!!!!!      Nothing prepares you for this !!
Flying along...  "Where is the aiming reticule ??   Oh ???   WAAAAAAY down there ???"
Then you drop straight down from nose-bleed heights, barely able to correct for incorrect lead distance...   But you'll get some citadels (with not much damage).  The Reticule is long and narrow.

Best co-op game for me is about --- let me look at the game stats -- 50K damage with 3 kills.

The only way I could successfully attack DDs is to torp them.

7_25_20_Rhein_Complete_E.jpg

image.png.f49cfe5526850429446585734d759185.png

Disclaimer: I am by no means an expert CV player. I have discovered that the Rhein is best played as a support ship, dealing damage and helping the team. Don't focus on kills, just bring the pain to the red ships.

Edited by HamAndCheez
  • Cool 1

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,857 posts
12,497 battles
37 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

True of the tier 8 DB's as well, that's just a German Tech tree trait.

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,857 posts
12,497 battles

Messed with the official ModStation, and there is an option to turn off the glare, and it seems to help some.

[3COWS]
[3COWS]
Members
1 post
6,402 battles
12 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Knowing of course those who hate CV will be sure to chime in with all type of chatty banter, seriously WG/WoWS - this thing is turning into a steaming pile.

Let's talk about the interaction of planes to mouse control - or really, the lack thereof. Let me first qualify myself though. 

Average player sometimes gets lucky. Have ground my way through IJN, USN, RN carriers to include all tiers including T10. Played a few games in them. Nothing spectacular but I do get lucky sometimes. Now back to the Rhein

If she is an example of just how borked the planes will perform at T6, 8 and 10 then you aren't gonna draw many folks to them. IMO. The planes fly as if every pilot is drunk, not allowing for any precise control a "real" aircraft would allow, let alone compared to other national ships. 

IMO the more you "upgrade" your wonderous lighting effects, the worse it has become. Have I ranted enough about those two things? Let me TL;DR.

I totally agreed !

[UMP]
Members
272 posts
4,691 battles

Nothing about the German CV line seems good to me. Lackluster in all departments. Compare it to the other nations and other than the fact that it's new, it has nothing going for it. The controls are awful, the attack patterns miserable, it's a joke. A bad, bad joke.

• Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester
194 posts
4,239 battles

Things get better with the AVP at Tier VIII.

You get heals for your DB and your torp planes. This DOES make a difference.

You pick up a 3rd plane in your attack runs. This is especially helpful with Torp planes against DD's. Its not so easy for them to ride the middle of the torp run. Best use of the fast torps is to make DD's turn and run from the caps so your fleet has time to move up. Its not so much about destroying the DD as it is making it run away and keep it spotted. You can catch them by surprise with the speed of those torps as well. I've had more then a few "Brake" and pop smoke only to eat 2 or 3 torps.

DB's take getting used to for sure. Make sure you do the "AD wiggle" to throw off a full flak hit. Make sure your sights are FULLY closed on the ship. Otherwise you usually have 1 or 2 miss to the side. Ive gotten more then a few 2 out of 3 Citadel hits with DB

Rocket planes are really hard to time but if you hit it right you can DECIMATE a cruiser. I took a cruiser from 3/4 health to deleted with a 4 Citadel rocket attack.

Ive got all TierX CV and I CV main. The German line is different and taking some getting used to but I'm really digging it.

[LOIN]
Supertester
794 posts

Not sure If I understand, what you're saying. Because it just sounds like a bunch of ranting.

Members
51 posts
5,008 battles

I dropped out of the game when carriers were topping all the damage charts and no matter how much i tried to point out. that they seem unbalanced and make the game unfair, much like stealth he spam. It was boring and made the game unfun, not being able to retaliate vs something that has better speed, concealment, and was awsome for some of the people who like one sided fights or using what i view as an exploit. Coming back into the game, and i just saw a t8 carrier torpedo plane walk through me and another bb and get its torpedos off. Two same tier bb and we could not stop him from dropping torpedos accuratly. I know just like before, some people will say it is fair. I am not an expert, i am average player. But not being able to defend yourself vs planes, and a carrier just deleting you seems pretty stupid. So is there a way to fight them, I mean can i take another carrier and just take anti planes or something. I would sacrifice me getting any xp just to stop planes strikes. Or is it eventually just get sick of it and f4 the game. Not trying to start an argument, just reporting what i see multiple times.

[TBB]
Members
400 posts
3,629 battles
On 7/29/2020 at 10:48 PM, jamesCOCOcokelet said:

I dropped out of the game when carriers were topping all the damage charts and no matter how much i tried to point out. that they seem unbalanced and make the game unfair, much like stealth he spam. It was boring and made the game unfun, not being able to retaliate vs something that has better speed, concealment, and was awsome for some of the people who like one sided fights or using what i view as an exploit. Coming back into the game, and i just saw a t8 carrier torpedo plane walk through me and another bb and get its torpedos off. Two same tier bb and we could not stop him from dropping torpedos accuratly. I know just like before, some people will say it is fair. I am not an expert, i am average player. But not being able to defend yourself vs planes, and a carrier just deleting you seems pretty stupid. So is there a way to fight them, I mean can i take another carrier and just take anti planes or something. I would sacrifice me getting any xp just to stop planes strikes. Or is it eventually just get sick of it and f4 the game. Not trying to start an argument, just reporting what i see multiple times.

The AA needs to be fixed, no doubt. But the purpose of AA is to provide a time limit to a CV to surface ship interaction, to provide a decision making process for CV players to pick the targets they will most effectively be able to influence the game by targeting, and to provide consequences for poor CV decision making and execution. 

[TBB]
Members
400 posts
3,629 battles
On 7/26/2020 at 1:24 PM, Herr_Reitz said:

The Rhein is just a waste of time. I'm not gonna spend time trying to play that thing because I don't want to seal club and it definitely seemed underpowered.

The Weser is a monster, I love it.

Based off what I've seen, the Tier 8 and Tier 10 won't put up good numbers because you'll have players who understand the game more and trying to torp a DD at that level isn't going to be easy.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,681 posts
18 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

The Rhein is just a waste of time. I'm not gonna spend time trying to play that thing because I don't want to seal club and it definitely seemed underpowered.

The Weser is a monster, I love it.

Based off what I've seen, the Tier 8 and Tier 10 won't put up good numbers because you'll have players who understand the game more and trying to torp a DD at that level isn't going to be easy.

I completed the entire German CV campaign for all missions capable of dropping German containers. I got the T4, that was it. Helluva lot of containers to grind through for not even a shot at a T6 ship. 

So they got what they wanted. I bought a GZ for under $40 and am now having at least some German CV fun, ableit without the IC camo? 

[TBB]
Members
400 posts
3,629 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I completed the entire German CV campaign for all missions capable of dropping German containers. I got the T4, that was it. Helluva lot of containers to grind through for not even a shot at a T6 ship. 

So they got what they wanted. I bought a GZ for under $40 and am now having at least some German CV fun, ableit without the IC camo? 

I'm right there with you. I only got the tier four from the regular containers and I paid for five premium containers and got the weser

Edited by Merc_R_Us

Sign in to follow this