Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
vikingno2

Monaghan Question

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

317
[-VT-]
Members
769 posts
23,922 battles

Why does adding 3x2 40mm and 1x4 40MM Bofors result in you losing value in your AA ? Is this just a mistake that will be corrected soon?

 

Continuous damage does go up slightly however, damage goes down some. Maybe some of you smart people can explain this on better I am just not getting it.

Edited by vikingno2
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,757
[TBW]
Members
9,987 posts
16,784 battles
46 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Why does adding 3x2 40mm and 1x4 40MM Bofors result in you losing value in your AA ? Is this just a mistake that will be corrected soon?

 

Continuous damage does go up slightly however, damage goes down some. Maybe some of you smart people can explain this on better I am just not getting it.

You lose 2x1 127 mm dual purpose gun mounts. Two gun mounts are removed to make room for the new AA mounts. You lose half of your long range bubble (and half  of your main guns) but gain more dps in the mid or short range bubble. If you want to shoot ships, I wouldn't do that. I think the firing angles on the rear guns make it so you have to be broadside to use them along with your front guns however, so it may be a fair trade, yet I don't think so.

With extra AA

shot-20_07.26_08_35.20-0173.thumb.jpg.0ebd027e73541408ecb8a1a9d8a34990.jpg

With out extra AA.

shot-20_07.26_08_36.13-0724.thumb.jpg.520736786c618bfe8a5ea8d7e199f3eb.jpg

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
279
[TNG]
Members
505 posts
8,096 battles
2 hours ago, vikingno2 said:

Continuous damage does go up slightly however, damage goes down some. Maybe some of you smart people can explain this on better I am just not getting it.

The long and the short of it:  Game Balance

You lose gunnery for increased AA and longer range torps.  You can choose to have the more gun-friendly close in brawl version, or the more independent torp boat with decent AA for the tier (especially for a DD).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
317
[-VT-]
Members
769 posts
23,922 battles

Yes you lose two 127mm dual purpose, but gain the best AA gun of the war , 10 of them. The point is not the torps or the main guns the point is why reduce AA rating when gaining 10 highly effective AA guns. The rating goes down not up, there is a slight increase in continuous but it should have been allot more with the increase of the ten 40mm guns

Edited by vikingno2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,363
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,724 posts
19,709 battles
16 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Yes you lose two 127mm dual purpose, but gain the best AA gun of the war , 10 of them. The point is not the torps or the main guns the point is why reduce AA rating when gaining 10 highly effective AA guns. The rating goes down not up, there is a slight increase in continuous but it should have been allot more with the increase of the ten 40mm guns

And you have the crux of why AA stats are almost as useless as AA....

Flack counts more to the strength VALUE of AA, even though it's easily dodged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
279
[TNG]
Members
505 posts
8,096 battles
48 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Yes you lose two 127mm dual purpose, but gain the best AA gun of the war , 10 of them. The point is not the torps or the main guns the point is why reduce AA rating when gaining 10 highly effective AA guns. The rating goes down not up, there is a slight increase in continuous but it should have been allot more with the increase of the ten 40mm guns

Unfortunately the "at a glance" stat in port doesn't really tell you much.

As a CV main, I can tell you that Monaghan has become part of our lineup for clan battles in part because of it's rather capable AA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
266
[NEMO]
Members
459 posts
1,332 battles

I played it in the sub battles, other than that its useless to me, every time I fire torpedoed the enemy always avoids them and they will go twice as far as they are supposed to so I can sink and ally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
317
[-VT-]
Members
769 posts
23,922 battles
3 hours ago, Ahskance said:

Unfortunately the "at a glance" stat in port doesn't really tell you much.

As a CV main, I can tell you that Monaghan has become part of our lineup for clan battles in part because of it's rather capable AA.

That's good here hear , I used to play this allot. I paly a run of games and see what the reality is vs the written stat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×