You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BlailBlerg

Tips for Akizuki in ranked

8 comments in this topic

[FAE]
Members
2,586 posts
3,420 battles

What's your best tips? 

Also, what have you found to be the best way to land torpedoes? Early guess torpedoes never seem to hit. I tend to save them now for later

Any other tips or tricks? been pretty bad to see the team die around me for no apparent reason. 

[NSEW]
Members
1,748 posts
10,379 battles

A game with CV.

I try to position myself with at least 2 other ships nearby to allow me to use smoke, cap, and pour damage with rapid firing guns.  Moving continuously. 

A game without CV.

I get a 'free to roam' mode, whereby I would be more aggressive with my positioning.  

Caveat to both, always have an escape route planned.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,410 posts
6,246 battles

don't get spotted by CVs.

akizuki is a priority target because of her bully potential against dds.

[RKLES]
Members
12,443 posts
14,160 battles
28 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

don't get spotted by CVs.

akizuki is a priority target because of her bully potential against dds.

Not just DDs, have had some of my CAs and BBs singed pretty good by Akizuki. Between the decent gun range, very high rate of fire, and good fire chances they can cause some damage worthy of a CL, only they lack they bulkier size and citadels of CL. Plus the Akizuki torpedoes can prove dangerous at times, and the AA guns are very respectable.

Have not gotten a chance to use my Akizuki yet as I just recently got her and need a captain with just a little higher level before actually taking her out in good Conscience that I would not be a hindrance to my teams. But looking forward to taking her out and having some fun. 

[FAE]
Members
2,586 posts
3,420 battles

I think all of my skills so far have been 'required'

PT LS SE CE

IFHE AR, up to 16. 

So got 3 points. 

SE has saved my butt before. Sadly, I don't think its probably right to get rid of it. 
Vigilance would help about 1/10-15 games 
BFT looks like more damage than Fire Expert. 

----

I haven't been able to get many torp hits.  Just the usual: 1 or 2 on charging bb (I know you're not supposed to torp from the front, but I couldn't get wide multiple times) 1 or 2 on obvious targets like cruiser and bb both stationary in one chokespot.  Would like to get more from them, not sure if I can. 

[FAE]
Members
2,586 posts
3,420 battles

Nothing. Absolutely nothing stops teammates from dying before contributing squat.