You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Penn_accurate

Random Battles Are for Battleships Only

6 comments in this topic

[B-I-O]
Members
1 post
1,506 battles

Random battles are boring games that are necessary  to gain the needed XP to advance.  They are geared towards battleship long range, sit back and shoot, and I am ok waiting on a 20-30 minute game to finish.  Any effort to do anything but wait for the battleships to get board with trying to get lucky firing 20+ km shots (drive forward into an attack by a cruiser or destroyer) leads to being targeted by the 5 plus battleships waiting for someone to try and do something foolish.  There needs to be some sort of leveling for points for bringing a cruiser or destroyer to Random Battles.  If you go to random battles the battleships far outnumber the cruiser and destroyer players because it is not fun to play as a destroyer or cruiser in random battles.  I just think there needs to be some form of random battles that levels the playing field.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 2

[WOLF5]
Supertester
3,713 posts
3,936 battles

Then they wouldn't be random any more, would they?

I suggest you try playing a BB and see how well sniping from 20km works.

• Cool 3

[-KA-]
Members
42 posts
3,518 battles
27 minutes ago, Penn_accurate said:

Random battles are boring games that are necessary  to gain the needed XP to advance.  They are geared towards battleship long range, sit back and shoot, and I am ok waiting on a 20-30 minute game to finish.  Any effort to do anything but wait for the battleships to get board with trying to get lucky firing 20+ km shots (drive forward into an attack by a cruiser or destroyer) leads to being targeted by the 5 plus battleships waiting for someone to try and do something foolish.  There needs to be some sort of leveling for points for bringing a cruiser or destroyer to Random Battles.  If you go to random battles the battleships far outnumber the cruiser and destroyer players because it is not fun to play as a destroyer or cruiser in random battles.  I just think there needs to be some form of random battles that levels the playing field.

Dear God, this is written so poorly I gave up trying to understand.  (Bored, not board)...  You could really benefit from Hemingway app for writing.

• Sad 3

[PVE]
Members
5,239 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, CSSAlabama_1 said:

Dear God, this is written so poorly I gave up trying to understand.  (Bored, not board)...  You could really benefit from Hemingway app for writing.

Oddly enough he got it right in the 1st sentence...he didn't say "boarding" instead of "boring".

Members
481 posts
12,995 battles

Slower speed and more health can give the impression that BB have the best life as they don’t have as many early to port moments, but the reality is that a high skill DD or CV can carry the match while a BB rarely ever can

Members
3,696 posts
21,986 battles
6 hours ago, Penn_accurate said:

And you came to this conclusion by playing 46 random battles? Of those battles 17 are in Agir.

Maybe the issue is you're primarily a coop player and don't know the ins and outs of random play especially at a high tier like T9 where mistakes are punished hard and fast.

• Meh 1