You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herbienut_1337

Azur Lane 3ed wave Collab Captains.

17 comments in this topic

[LU]
Members
38 posts
3,308 battles

Hello Everyone, 
I don't generally post on the forums, but I felt the need to do so now. I mostly only have time to play world of warships, but last year, I found out about the mobile game Azur Lane. Funny enough, through the 2nd collab they did last year. Got Hood as a commander, checked out the game, was hooked from there. While I am happy with the return of the collab event, I am not happy with how the event has bundled all the captains into big bundles. What I mean is this. If I want Atago or Prinz Eugen as captains for my Atago or Prinz Eugen, I cannot simply buy them individually. I am instead presented with the prospect of paying $70 for 8 captains and 50 camouflage patterns. 6 of captains for whom I do not want. Am I being unreasonable here? Why can I not purchase captains individually? what logic is there in limiting the buyers choice of products? I was totally willing to buy one or two commanders for the ships I actually have. Hell, I would have even bought the Camo for Atago, because I like Atago. Unfortunately,  buying captains individually seems to be something that WG either can't or won't implement. Am I being unreasonable, or are there others that feel like we are getting the short end of the metaphorical stick here with this collab? Hell, I even tried writing a customer support ticket asking if we could buy the captains separately, to get a response of "no".

Well, that's my sort of rant or statement over with. What do you all think? Was there ever a time we could buy the captains individually? If so, why did they go away from it? Are the prices fair, or are they overpriced for what we are getting? 

P.S. I was also looking forward to the AL Littorio, but I read the review from Little White Mouse. That it was basically a worse reskin of the Roma, so I am happy I read it. Saved me $57.20. 

• Cool 4

[WOLF8]
Members
7,160 posts
6,107 battles

No, you're NOT being unreasonable. You're not alone in feeling appalled at how WG rolled out this collab. It really sucks, as even I was hoping to buy second Prinny captain, for my future Hindy (still grinding thru Roon)... but alas, there's just no way to do just that.

IIRC, the first AL collab did have individual captain sales. However, starting with the second collab, it was replaced by the "fun-and-engaging-while-working-as-intended"TM (/s) RNG boxes. You know why? Cause of those sweet sweet moolahs~, that's why, lol. :Smile_smile:

This is such a contrast to how the devs of AL did their part of the collab. It's so much better on that side, while this side is just painted with GREED. :Smile_sceptic:

No wait, I can't say that... else I'll earn some permanent vacation at the gulag with my own private bunk bed with my name carved on a mud plaque... lelelel. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[LU]
Members
38 posts
3,308 battles
1 hour ago, Blorgh2017 said:

No, you're NOT being unreasonable. You're not alone in feeling appalled at how WG rolled out this collab. It really sucks, as even I was hoping to buy second Prinny captain, for my future Hindy (still grinding thru Roon)... but alas, there's just no way to do just that.

IIRC, the first AL collab did have individual captain sales. However, starting with the second collab, it was replaced by the "fun-and-engaging-while-working-as-intended"TM (/s) RNG boxes. You know why? Cause of those sweet sweet moolahs~, that's why, lol. :Smile_smile:

This is such a contrast to how the devs of AL did their part of the collab. It's so much better on that side, while this side is just painted with GREED. :Smile_sceptic:

No wait, I can't say that... else I'll earn some permanent vacation at the gulag with my own private bunk bed with my name carved on a mud plaque... lelelel. :Smile_trollface:

It's nice to see I'm not alone. I would have been more than happy to buy Atago and Prinz Eugen separately. I remember seeing an article from the first collab that allowed us to do just that. I also remember seeing a combat mission from Last year that allowed us to earn a captain for Aurora and admiral Hipper, along with an admiral Hipper flag. Is that still available at all?

I just don't like the RNG nature of the loot boxes. If I'm spending money, I want to be guaranteed to get what I want. 

Perhaps I will compromise and buy the Atago camo and use Azuma's voice for the captain. If and when they sell the captains individually, I will be more than happy to buy one or two of them.

[DST]
Members
54 posts

Greed or arrogance, I don't know. I am new to purchase ALxWG ship but I am not happy with the experience. It makes me appreciate Azur Lane as a successful mobile game. For another matter, Odin commander is not in this event while it is a PR3 character in AL.

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
7,160 posts
6,107 battles
21 minutes ago, Herbienut_1337 said:

It's nice to see I'm not alone. I would have been more than happy to buy Atago and Prinz Eugen separately. I remember seeing an article from the first collab that allowed us to do just that. I also remember seeing a combat mission from Last year that allowed us to earn a captain for Aurora and admiral Hipper, along with an admiral Hipper flag. Is that still available at all?

I just don't like the RNG nature of the loot boxes. If I'm spending money, I want to be guaranteed to get what I want. 

Perhaps I will compromise and buy the Atago camo and use Azuma's voice for the captain. If and when they sell the captains individually, I will be more than happy to buy one or two of them.

Currently, only freebie AL captain is Nelson, from a freebie mission chain. You have to opt in from the WoWs news article page regarding the 3rd collab to start the mission chain.

20200726000253_1.thumb.jpg.168fd7e58d2022e4d860494958664c2a.jpg

You can also get the Azuma captain for free, by starting and completing the AL collection, which you can start by opening the freebie AL crate from the said Nelson mission:

20200726000915_1.thumb.jpg.a0e657f1ad6a6e18572930b1a5a96af4.jpg

I already completed mine last year, so no duplicate Azuma captain for me, lel. :Smile_teethhappy:

While the mission chain only gives up to 3 crates total, whereas there're over 30 collection items to get, you can toggle on the collection items to show up in the standard daily containers, so it's just a matter of time to eventually collect all the pieces and get Azuma.

As for the freebie missions for free Avrora captain, Hood captain, Hippah captain, and/or Hippah flag... no idea. WG has said nothing about them, so I assume they aren't returning this time. Aww. :Smile_sad:

As for AL Littorio... if you don't have Roma, BUT were interested in getting Roma, AND not interested in Roma's beer can (lul) camo... then Littorio is a perfect substitute... because they're same ship, lalalal. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[USCC2]
Members
5,862 posts

So many would buy stuff if they were available in smaller bundles where they aren't prone to buying stuff they already have. It has been stated collaboration after collaboration!

WG say they listen - so I guess they choose to just ignore. The usual WG Staff posts seem to be missing as well (you know, the type where they try to convince you it isn't that bad, or whatever the situation is it works for them and maybe it's just you :Smile_teethhappy:).

Yet I can only assume there are enough people out there that are spending the money on the bundles. Why else would WG deny themselves the amount of money so many have stated they would spend.....unless they believe they are getting more this way.

So this collaboration I've spent nothing, the German CV event I spent nothing, the ARP event I spent nothing - because enough people must be spending the big bucks to keep the bundles as expensive as they are. After 3 years my spending has gone right down (which is good lol :Smile_smile:), but so has my involvement and interest. I am away with work for a period of time soon, I do wonder whether I'll be itching to get back to the game, or whether I'll realise that I was just playing it because I got used to doing so.

• Haha 1

[B_Y_F]
Members
508 posts
12,236 battles

If there's one thing that WG never failed at 2020, that is saving my wallet. They could have got multiple $20-$40 form it, but instead they got nothing so far. Good job WG, keep it up.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,732 posts
3 hours ago, sapient007 said:

If there's one thing that WG never failed at 2020, that is saving my wallet. They could have got multiple $20-$40 form it, but instead they got nothing so far. Good job WG, keep it up.

Yet they might have made some huge number more than your $20-$40, by other players purchasing the bundles, to get the captains they wanted.  WG are not dumb, if they would make more money by selling them one at a time, they would. 

Ever notice how cable companies sometimes won't sell you the individual TV channel you want and instead you have to purchase a whole bundle of channels that you don't want, to get the one you do?  They don't do this just to make you upset. 

You personally might stick to your principals and say "no", but overall, it makes them more money than selling them one at a time.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,442 posts
6,282 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

Yet they might have made some huge number more than your $20-$40, by other players purchasing the bundles, to get the captains they wanted.  WG are not dumb, if they would make more money by selling them one at a time, they would. 

Ever notice how cable companies sometimes won't sell you the individual TV channel you want and instead you have to purchase a whole bundle of channels that you don't want, to get the one you do?  They don't do this just to make you upset. 

You personally might stick to your principals and say "no", but overall, it makes them more money than selling them one at a time.

ah yes the wonders of capitalism.

• Haha 1

[A-D-F]
6,732 posts
5 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

ah yes the wonders of capitalism.

:cap_like:

[B_Y_F]
Members
508 posts
12,236 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

You know, that's why TV industry is dieing too. Big bundle maybe a valid money making strategy when you are the only business in town, but it also backfire really hard when customers have other choice(like other game) 

[A-D-F]
6,732 posts
8 minutes ago, sapient007 said:

You know, that's why TV industry is dieing too. Big bundle maybe a valid money making strategy when you are the only business in town, but it also backfire really hard when customers have other choice(like other game) 

This game has no current competition.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,442 posts
6,282 battles

and no the "gaijin' game is not on  same level of wows.

[LU]
Members
38 posts
3,308 battles
5 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

So many would buy stuff if they were available in smaller bundles where they aren't prone to buying stuff they already have. It has been stated collaboration after collaboration!

WG say they listen - so I guess they choose to just ignore. The usual WG Staff posts seem to be missing as well (you know, the type where they try to convince you it isn't that bad, or whatever the situation is it works for them and maybe it's just you :Smile_teethhappy:).

Yet I can only assume there are enough people out there that are spending the money on the bundles. Why else would WG deny themselves the amount of money so many have stated they would spend.....unless they believe they are getting more this way.

So this collaboration I've spent nothing, the German CV event I spent nothing, the ARP event I spent nothing - because enough people must be spending the big bucks to keep the bundles as expensive as they are. After 3 years my spending has gone right down (which is good lol :Smile_smile:), but so has my involvement and interest. I am away with work for a period of time soon, I do wonder whether I'll be itching to get back to the game, or whether I'll realise that I was just playing it because I got used to doing so.

Sadly, that's the Crux of the issue. People keep buying the loot boxes and bundles, so WG doesn't change them. They know people will spend the big bucks, so why sell them individually? It's just frustrating. I WANT Atago and Prinz Eugen. Just not enough to spend $70 on an overpriced bundle. 

Funny enough, the devs for Azur Lane listen to the players more, and their side of the collab is much more generous than WG. Funny how that works. A mobile game is better to it's players than WG. XD.

• Cool 2

[WOLF8]
Members
7,160 posts
6,107 battles
1 hour ago, Herbienut_1337 said:

Funny enough, the devs for Azur Lane listen to the players more, and their side of the collab is much more generous than WG. Funny how that works. A mobile game is better to it's players than WG. XD.

:Smile_great:

One of many reasons why I just love Azur Lane so much... lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

[LU]
Members
38 posts
3,308 battles
20 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Currently, only freebie AL captain is Nelson, from a freebie mission chain. You have to opt in from the WoWs news article page regarding the 3rd collab to start the mission chain.

20200726000253_1.thumb.jpg.168fd7e58d2022e4d860494958664c2a.jpg

You can also get the Azuma captain for free, by starting and completing the AL collection, which you can start by opening the freebie AL crate from the said Nelson mission:

20200726000915_1.thumb.jpg.a0e657f1ad6a6e18572930b1a5a96af4.jpg

I already completed mine last year, so no duplicate Azuma captain for me, lel. :Smile_teethhappy:

While the mission chain only gives up to 3 crates total, whereas there're over 30 collection items to get, you can toggle on the collection items to show up in the standard daily containers, so it's just a matter of time to eventually collect all the pieces and get Azuma.

As for the freebie missions for free Avrora captain, Hood captain, Hippah captain, and/or Hippah flag... no idea. WG has said nothing about them, so I assume they aren't returning this time. Aww. :Smile_sad:

As for AL Littorio... if you don't have Roma, BUT were interested in getting Roma, AND not interested in Roma's beer can (lul) camo... then Littorio is a perfect substitute... because they're same ship, lalalal. :Smile_teethhappy:

I actually Got Nelson from the mission a few days ago. I also finished the Azur Lane collection during the last years Collab event. I am trying to save my free XP for Azuma, so I can use my Azuma captain. I like her voice a lot. So much so, that I intend to research her in Azur lane when the time comes to research PR2. 

I was thinking of getting the camo for Atago. It's kind of expensive for a camo, but if I get it, I would at least get something from the collab. I like the way it looks.  Maybe by next year, The second wave captains (Atago and Prinz Eugen among them) will be less expensive, and the "bundle" will be a little bit easier pill to swallow.  Or maybe WG will finally allow us to purchase individual captains by then. But I feel like I'm flogging a  metaphorical dead horse at this point. :(

[WOLF8]
Members
7,160 posts
6,107 battles
1 minute ago, Herbienut_1337 said:

But I feel like I'm flogging a  metaphorical dead horse at this point. :(

Yeah, I wouldn't get my hopes up, if I were you... lol. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1